Writers Corner

Another College Lovestory Updated Chp1 Pg2 (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

Liza.

Liza.

Posted: 12 October 2009 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
it sounds really good Smile
can't wait to read the first part

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Another College Lovestory Updated Chp1 Pg2 (Page 2)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 16 October 2009 at 6:34am | IP Logged
hey nidheya..nice story..hope everytyn is fine in ur family now..

so she has to publish a book?!..well i hope it goes on to become a sucsess..the characters seem nice..

it sounds pretty similar to the movie Never Been Kissed..but anyway i wanna noe wt Ria went through in college..

update soon

-aish

safeplacetoland

IF-Stunnerz

safeplacetoland

Posted: 16 October 2009 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Thanks Aish!!!!

I have never heard of Never Been Kissed!!!

Lol!!!

Next post first part!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aish_punk

safeplacetoland

IF-Stunnerz

safeplacetoland

Posted: 16 October 2009 at 8:04am | IP Logged

Another College Love Story

Chapter 1:- A Broken Deal

Ria Sengupta smiled at Mr. Shorey, the owner of Original Publications.

"It is a big honor for me that you want to sign a contract with me and publish my books," Ria said, smiling politely.

"That is great Miss. Sengupta," Mr. Shorey said. "So shall we sign the deal?"

"Absolutely," Ria said. Just then her cell phone rang. She excused herself and left the room. She looked at the screen of her phone and it said "Mr. Thakkar".

"Hello Ria Sengupta speaking," she said in a confident tone.

"Ria this is Mr. Thakkar," Mr. Thakkar said.

"Mr. Thakkar I'm in the middle of a very important conversation, I will talk to you later," Ria said impatiently. "Goodbye."

"It is another publication house isn't it?" Mr. Thakkar asked.

"Yes," Ria said curtly.

"Which one?" Mr. Thakkar asked.

"Original Publications," Ria said.

"Oh," Mr. Thakkar's voice fell. "Can you give the phone to the representative please?"

"No Mr. Thakkar, I will call you up later," Ria said.

"Listen, Ria, I want to tell the representative how wonderful it is working with you and what a marvel of an author you are," Mr. Thakkar said.

"What is the problem Miss. Sengupta?" Mr. Shorey asked from the other room.

"Somebody wants to talk you Mr. Shorey," Ria said.

Mr. Shorey walked into the room. He had a puzzled expression on his face.

"Who is it?" he asked.

"My publisher, Mr. Thakkar," Ria said.

"Hello Ranveer Shorey speaking," Mr. Shorey said.

"This is Rajesh Thakkar as in the Thakkar from Thakkar Publications," Mr. Thakkar said.

"Okay Mr. Thakkar," Mr. Shorey said. "What is it that you want to talk to me about?"

"Oh yes," Mr. Thakkar said. "I want to talk to you about Ria."

"You mean Miss. Sengupta?" Mr. Shorey asked in a very professional tone.

"Yes, yes," Mr. Thakkar said. "When I read her first novel "A College Love Story I was very much inclined to publish her work. I have never ever regretted publishing her books."

"No one would ever," Mr. Shorey said.

"I know you are the best publication house in India," Mr. Thakkar said.

"The second best," Mr. Shorey corrected. "Once I sign a contract with Miss. Sengupta Original Publications will be the number one publication house in India."

Ria smiled at this comment.

"But you should know," Mr. Thakkar said. "She hasn't written a book in the past two years."

"I'm very much aware of that," Mr. Shorey said.

"I'm informing you, just in case," Mr. Thakkar said and hung up. Mr. Shorey returned the cell phone to Ria.

"Miss. Sengupta," he said. "We all know that you haven't published a single book in two years."

"Oh no not that," Ria said. "Mr. Shorey."

"I would love to publish your works, but," Mr. Shorey said.

"But what?" Ria asked.

"Only after you publish another book," Mr. Shorey said.

"But...but...," Ria said.

"I have full faith in you Miss. Sengupta," Mr. Shorey said. "Why haven't you been writing for so long?"

"Writer's block," Ria said. "And I can never write without an inspiration."

"What inspiration?" Mr. Shorey asked.

"Any type of inspiration," Ria said desperately.

"See Miss. Sengupta," Mr. Shorey said. "I have full faith in you."

"Okay Mr. Shorey," Ria said. "I will contact you when I get a book done."

"That's like it!" Mr. Shorey said. He shook hands with Ria and left the house.

Ria couldn't understand this. She was and is still the number one author in India. Yes, she did go down in the international list of authors, but she knew she could catch up. A lot of her fans used to beg her to write more books on her website www.riasenguptatheauthor.com.

Just then her personal cell phone buzzed and she saw that it was a text message. It said:-

CHCK UR MAIL NWWW!!! ITS IMPPP!! LUVCHU:- Shonali!!

Shonali Basu was Ria's best friend since childhood.

Ria texted Shonali:- Why dude?? I'm kinda upset!

Shonali immediately replied:- THIS WILL CHEEER UU UPPPPPP

Ria sighed and got on the computer. She went to the Yahoo! homepage and logged onto her e-mail. There were a lot fan mail which she selected and dropped into the "Fan Mail" folder. She saw an e-mail titled "Memories last forever" from Shonali Basu. She clicked it.

The mail said:-

Dear friends,

I had visited college last month and spoke to Mrs. Raina who gave us a collection of photos which she had taken over a few years of ourrr batchhh!!!!

Please telllll me whthr u lyk thm!! I scannd and enclossd alllllllllll of the pix whch she gave me!!!! REPLLLYYY GUYS ND GALS!

Shonu Basu!!!

PIXXXX

Me and RIU!!

Ria; gorgeous naaaaaaa

Ria in first year

Me the GR8

(Ria smiled when she saw the photos. How much fun were those innocent days of college. Nothing to worry about, no deadlines, no problems, just studying and enjoying.)

College ki firangi:- Charlotte...yaa...Mrs. Raina ki words mein Charlottaa!

(Ria chuckled when she read that. Charlotte was a foreign exchange student in college who was also a great friend of hers.)

The smiled vanished from Ria's face and was replaced by a frown. She felt very uncomfortable viewing those photos. They were memories she had wanted to lock up and keep in a very dark corner in her heart and never look at again. She felt her heartbeat fasten as she scrolled down. There were more photos of her and him. She was going to close the window but decided to reply just for Shonali's sake.

She wrote:-

Hey Shonali,

Nice photographs. It was nice to see "everyone" again. How is Mrs. Raina?

Have fun reading the replies,

Ria Sengupta

After clicking the "send" button Ria sat down on a sofa and rubbed her forehead. She hadn't expected to see those photographs again. She had never expected memories of those days to come back to her life ever again. Granted, they were perhaps memories she had always cherished at that time, but now they were just bitter memories and a horrible remainder for trusting him. He had always seemed too perfect to her during that time, he was the prince charming she had always dreamed of and he had always treated her like a princess and she had liked it.

Suddenly she felt different, not any better abut the fact but like she always felt when she got an idea for a book. Her eyes glimmered with excitement as she went into her room and turned on her writing laptop. She clicked on the "New Story" tab and typed in the title box "Another College Love Story".

Ria typed down the name of the characters as follows:-

Sonia Sinha:- The main protagonist of the story. She is 19 and in her second year of college. She loves writing poetry and meaningful stories. She is a medicine student and shares her hostel room with her best friend Vipasha Dasgupta. She believes that love happens only once and that if ever cheated in love she wont be able to love someone else no matter what happens.

Jai Kapoor:- The male protagonist turned antagonist in the story. He is a nice charming guy looking for a sweet, grounded partner. He is very simple and down to earth and loves eating home made food which he gets less of at home. He is close to his friends and is habituated to taking dares from his friends no matter what they are.

Vipasha Dasgupta:- Vipasha is Sonia's best friend. She is a compulsive flirt and has had more boyfriends than anybody else in the college. She calls herself the Love Guru of the college. She has set up a lot of friends with people and almost all of the setups have been extremely successful. She can be called a female Casanova. She is an expert in bunking college, much to the displeasure of Sonia.

Mrs. Prerna Shah:- Sonia's mother. She was married to the man of her dreams who died of cancer and now she is the wife of a very wealthy industrialist. She is a very quiet, doting mother and wife. She wants her daughter to be happy and married to the person of her own choice, just like she did for the first time. She lives for Sonia's happiness.

Mr. Amarnath Shah:- Very wealthy industrialist and Sonia's step-father. He owns a very big house and likes discipline and quietness in the house. He doesn't approve of Sonia having a romantic relationship with anyone unless he wants that person to marry her. He doesn't want Sonia to continue writing poetry, it is a thing he is vehemently against. He isn't an antagonist. He is very old fashioned and believes that a child should marry only a person whom his/her parents choose for him/her.

Rajsingh Kapoor:- Jai's father. A very loud person who is extremely fond of talking. Although he wants his son to choose a very kind, soft spoken, sweet girl for marriage, he is extremely supportive of any girl Jai would choose for himself. He and his wife are in the habit of trying to setup their son with girls who they thought were good for him. But he would never force Jai to marry a person who he didn't like.

Veda Kapoor:- Jai's mother. Very outspoken and talkative, just like her husband. She is very kind and forgiving. She and Rajsingh make a very typical Punjabi couple.

1. Meera Kapoor:- Jai's older sister. She is engaged to get married very soon. A hardcore Punjabi at heart. She thrives on communication and eating, yet is very slim and gorgeous.

BASIC PLOT:-

Vipasha Dasgupta, who is very fond of matchmaking decides to make a matchmaking website right in time for Valentines Day. Sonia Sinha, Vipasha's best friend is forced to take part in this matchmaking device which she very reluctantly does. Another guy, Jai Kapoor, looking for his perfect match also applies. Only God knew that Sonia and Jai were destined to be together...at least for a while.

Ria, satisfied with the beginning of her next novel saved the document and logged off of her writing laptop.

End of Part 1

Hey guys! Hope you liked it! I worked my butt off on this beginning, will update real soon!

Love,

Niddz

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Girl_2007-kirulicious-cityoflightssindhyaa.aish_punkRafa.LunaPotter

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 16 October 2009 at 8:14am | IP Logged
hey nidheya...nice update..

So Mr.Thakkar spoilt everything..ugh..i so dont like him...she cud hv worked with Original Publications..

n shonali has a nice character..those pics were all gud..but den she saw Harman n that spoilt evrytyn..awwie..!

but atleast she got a gud idea of her book..which is based on her life..n the concept seems gud..hope it becomes a hit..

thnx 4 d PM
update soon

-aish

-kirulicious-

IF-Rockerz

-kirulicious-

Posted: 16 October 2009 at 9:07am | IP Logged
AWESOME STORY YAAR! Update soooooooon!<3

safeplacetoland

IF-Stunnerz

safeplacetoland

Posted: 16 October 2009 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Thanks guys!!

@aish:- Thanks for the detailed comment, I love them!

@kiran:- THANKS babe!!

*Nishi*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Nishi*

Posted: 16 October 2009 at 11:43am | IP Logged

its really cool how you decided to write it like that.. im guessing the story you're gonna write now is about the story ria is writing? looking forward to your next update and pls PM when you do Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top