Page 2 Page 2

RiyaK09

IF-Sizzlerz

RiyaK09

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 12:25am | IP Logged
Timely hits rescue Shahid everytime

September 27th, 2009
By Ajay Surya

Jab We Met ensured Shahid Kapoor's survival in Bollywood, but Kaminey demonstrated that he is star material. It's proven that he can withstand a flop in between and bounce right back to the top. After the recent lows he has faced both in his personal and professional lives, it must be a great feeling to be considered hot property once again. "It always feels good when one has a hit, but then I want all my films to do well. As much as one tries not to take the success or failure of one's movies personally, it does affect your future choices," says Shahid modestly revealing that timely hits have always bailed him out of a slump. " I'd have been a nobody if Ishq Vishk hadn't done well. Vivaah went on to be a hit, which I needed at that time. Two years ago when Jab We Met happened it was very important for my career. Sustained success in this industry is imperative otherwise the going gets tough. I have had difficult times in the past as well, when my films didn't do well, but films like Vivaah and Jab We Met sustained me. This is why I've said Kaminey was as important as challenging a film for me."
Shahid is nowhere close to being down and out, but there was a time when there were just lows in his life, both personally and professionally. How did he cope? "There are always highs and there are lows. I deal with my personal and professional lows very differently. The best way to deal with professional lows is to get immersed in work, try and better yourself in every which way, and hopefully make the right choices along the way." What about personal lows? "I have never been the one to discuss my personal life in public, so my personal highs and lows are my own. I have my own way of dealing with them, and very good friends to rely on," he says.
Sometimes one's personal and professional lives can get mixed up. One of Shahid's upcoming films is Milenge Milenge with ex-girlfriend Kareena Kapoor. Does he expect any awkwardness with Kareena during the promotions of the film, which are said to be finally taking place sometime soon? "Any awkwardness with Kareena is out of the question because we are both professionals first and promoting a film is our job, so that will be our primary focus. It is a lovely film and even though it's been in the making for a couple of years now, it won't look dated as it has a fresh look to it. We want to see it released and do well, so we will do the best for it," he replies confidently.
And what's the status quo on his Kaminey co-star Priyanka Chopra? Before the film's release they were said to be on-off then on again. Will the film's success help them make up their mind? "Priyanka has been a fabulous co-star and we got along really well during the making of the film. We have said that both umpteen times. I don't know what you suddenly expect to unearth here," he says refusing to divulge anymore information.
Moving on to his other co-star Rani Mukherjee then. The story goes that Rani was not easy to work with during Dil Bole... "Rani has been great to work with, and all this talk of us having problems on the sets is ridiculous. There was nothing like that," he says. Ask him what he has to say about looking much younger than her on screen and he just rubbishes the claim, changing the topic quickly.
Suddenly Shahid is in a hurry to end the interview and has time for only one last question. When asked if he really did turn down mum Neelima Azim's film, which has upset her, he clarifies, "Well, she is still working on her script and only then we can talk about it."

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/supplementary/timely-hits-rescue-shahid-everytime-190

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadOxide

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shahid will promote Milenge Milenge" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

friends_rock

IF-Sizzlerz

friends_rock

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 12:28am | IP Logged
they will promote individually i think..but if they promtoe together( which is highly impossible) tho  media kya hogaa...

media

bebo nay chora saifu ka saath
bebo aur shahid nay ek doje ko smile di
nazrain milin bebo aur shahid ki
purane preemi phir ek saath

Edited by friends_rock - 27 September 2009 at 12:33am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Adil112gossip.girlLeadOxideanju101lavienrose

RiyaK09

IF-Sizzlerz

RiyaK09

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by friends_rock

they will promote individually i think..but if they promtoe together( which is highly impossible) tho media kya hogaa...

media

I don't understand why the need to promote the movie. One thing is forsure, if they do promote the movie, it actually might get a good start for obvious reasons.

Don't even get me started on the those ridiculous headlines.

Cocktails

IF-Rockerz

Cocktails

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 12:40am | IP Logged
First i don't even think they will promote the film! Even if they would go separate thats looks just plain weird!

shahra

Groupbie

shahra

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by friends_rock

they will promote individually i think..but if they promtoe together( which is highly impossible) tho  media kya hogaa...

media

those quotes are priceless, made me laugh out loud. If they do promote it together, the film will defo get a good start but I also highly doubt they will do that.
So not looking forward to it though, it looks cheesy.

friends_rock

Mehak_Luvs_Rani

IF-Stunnerz

Mehak_Luvs_Rani

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 2:05am | IP Logged
Oh goodness.
Why do they even need to release this flick.
I have very bad vibes about it,and I am pretty much sure this film won't do well.

AmritaRao-Nina

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 6:12am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

LeadOxide

Sonima85

Sonima85

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 6:19am | IP Logged
I'll believe it when I see it.

Why is Boney insisting on releasing this? Hasn't he made enough money on Wanted?

LeadOxide

Post Reply New Post

Go to top