Page 3 Page 6

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 26 September 2009 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mahikhan

Originally posted by Shambo

Originally posted by mahikhan

Mumbai sounds nice...lolz btw im a muslim and lived in Mumbai for over a yr almost:P

It's good that people tolerate you despite all the bombings and killings.  But why do you support Bjp?
BJP?Shocked
I can NEVER support them(with no offense to their supporters)bcoz of them i lost my people why would i ever support them?Ouch
And what exactly you meant by people toleratin me there?

and bcos of the congress and their lazy politicians who do not seem to care damn about the country and it's continuous bombings, my people have suffered too.
Pls, don't think that I support shambo cos I don't. I don't see how calling it Mumbai makes me a Hindu fanatic? cos I love both Bombay and Mumbai. I like calling relatives mumbaikars but also love the feel of being from 'Bombay'Smiledifficult for me to choose, Bombay seems a little more old and traditional though so maybe i'd go with that

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nisha80

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mumbai or Bombay? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 26 September 2009 at 12:09pm | IP Logged

Yeh secularism kaha se aa gaya beech me, pretty much all parties(so called secularist and fundamentalists) in Maharashtra have said they prefer to have it as Mumbai and the people of Mumbai also have favored that.. So if everyone concerned is in agreement, why this chilamchilliWink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

EventideMeena1

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 26 September 2009 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
The name Bombay is best.....ek standard name dheSmile

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 26 September 2009 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
whats is the name,...mumbai rocks...whether you call it bombay or mumbai......Big smile.....but i feel this thread could be started by possibly a muslim  fanatic...  who considers his thinking  in these matters to be that of a moderate.....LOL...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Eventidehindu4lyf..RamKiJanaki..nisha80Meena1

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 26 September 2009 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

Some think that mumbai is unlucky name for the city as bomb blasts , Taj episode , riots etc have been more after this change of name

ahh- bombs seem more related to "bomb"-ay thoughLOL

Beyond_the_Veil

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 26 September 2009 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
yeah, let all the learned astrolgers , numerologist decide !

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 12:41am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Beyond_the_Veil

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Honestly, with names of places I think apart from sensitive people secularism or regionalism does not matter. It is more of a matter of convenience.

Some people like shortcuts. This is very true of the AOL generation. They have acronyms for everything. India mein bhi UK paida hota hain. I think this generation would be more partial to something like B'bay, M'bay. Probably B'bay cos they can hit the same key twice.

Some people like the sound of lengthy titles. Like instead of state names they say things like 'Lone Star State', 'Sunshine State', 'Garden State'. I'm sure these people would like something more lofty like the City that Never Sleeps.

I was born in Bombay. I grew up calling it Bombay. Old habits die hard. It takes a conscious effort to wrangle my tongue to say Mumbai or wrangle my fingers to type Mumbai. Its simply way too much effort. So Bombay it is. When I actually start calling Deustcheland, as Deustcheland - then I will work on Mumbai.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top