Debate Mansion

Mumbai or Bombay?

Shambo thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Mumbai or Bombay? What do you call it?  
If you are secular, modern and western then obviously you personally would call it Bombay.

If you call it Mumbai, then obviously you're a Hindu fanatic. No question about that.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_DrEaM_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
on a serious note what if one call both?
Mumbai sounds nice...lolz btw im a muslim and lived in Mumbai for over a yr almost:P
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Some think that mumbai is unlucky name for the city as bomb blasts , Taj episode , riots etc have been more after this change of name

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Mumbai

India = Bharatvarsh
Shambo thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mahikhan

Mumbai sounds nice...lolz btw im a muslim and lived in Mumbai for over a yr almost:P

It's good that people tolerate you despite all the bombings and killings.  But why do you support Bjp?

Edited by mahikhan - 14 years ago
bombay is classier..

mumbai has a cheap rowdy vada paav appeal to it so i dont like it
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: mahikhan

BJP?😲
I can NEVER support them(with no offense to their supporters)bcoz of them i lost my people why would i ever support them?
And what exactly you meant by people toleratin me there?

and bcos of the congress and their lazy politicians who do not seem to care damn about the country and it's continuous bombings, my people have suffered too.
Pls, don't think that I support shambo cos I don't. I don't see how calling it Mumbai makes me a Hindu fanatic? cos I love both Bombay and Mumbai. I like calling relatives mumbaikars but also love the feel of being from 'Bombay'😊difficult for me to choose, Bombay seems a little more old and traditional though so maybe i'd go with that
chal_phek_mat thumbnail

Yeh secularism kaha se aa gaya beech me, pretty much all parties(so called secularist and fundamentalists) in Maharashtra have said they prefer to have it as Mumbai and the people of Mumbai also have favored that.. So if everyone concerned is in agreement, why this chilamchilli😉