Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

-Edelweiss-

-Edelweiss-

Posted: 26 September 2009 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Hmm... RESERVED.Approve

Can't wait to read this, seems very different from the previous writings.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Boundless Circle l Short story (Page 2)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

smriti.tweety

smriti.tweety

Posted: 26 September 2009 at 11:25pm | IP Logged

* reserved *

Will be back after I have given it some thought. A prompt comment wouldn't do justice to the theme :)

And I am back after having thought this one over :D

Hey girl!

Firstly a big pat on the back for posting something on a subject as mature and tough as alcoholism! Star

Knowing it was you who had done it I was sure it wouldn't edge on being dramatic; something easily possible with the subject and the history of how our films tend to portray it.

Its quite a serious issue in itself and I loved the sensitivity you have shown towards it.

I think the strength of it lay in it being simple and subtle. The interplay between the narrator's past and experience of the other member was something unique; haven't read anything like that and no, you didn't confuse me. The nave hopes of the teenager have been aptly and beautifully articulated. The eventual realization of the hard-hitting reality serving only as an impetus to change the direction of hope, hope remains nevertheless! That I feel is the reality of growing up, hopes tend to find a rationale.

A special mention for bringing out that being an alcoholic has nothing to do with one being essentially good or bad. Like any other individual he/she is a victim of an addiction. To an extent its like saying that 'Old habits die hard!'

The sense of relief and contentment were all realistic and humane. It stems from an assurance that you aren't the only one at the receiving end of the misery. A sense of kinship and security is but natural!

I happen to love the prayer you chose to include; in a way its similar what I have stated earlier about the change in the direction of hope.

All in all a wonderful attempt at the unconventional, a good way of conveying that the first step to solving a problem is the acceptance that there is a problem!

Love

Smriti

P.s. I happen to love the Gulab Jamun and Vanilla ice cream comboWink

Edited by smriti.tweety - 27 September 2009 at 1:27am

U-No-Poo

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Hey Neeta..great story..

u made me think of an alchoholic in a different way..i used to think of him as a bad person..but he actually isnt..its just out of habit n fate..

i think u potrayed the emotions really beautifully..n enjoyed reading it..! :) it just depicted the pain so well..

it was sorta ironic that the protagonist and the narrator shared the same story?!

do write more

-Aish

U-No-Poo

innocentdevil.

Goldie

innocentdevil.

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
Woah this story was amazing. Very creative writing. I know someone who can relate to this and it was upsetting to see someone you know like this.

However very nice short story. I don't see a reason for anyone to judge ANY character. I mean quitting something like alcohol is not easy. It takes time and sometimes it never changes.

U-No-Poo

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 28 September 2009 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ishan.k

OMG NEeta its a wonderful story with emotional  moments !!! Its awesome neeta. U have got excellent writing skills !!! Clap

Thankyou Ishan! Big smile Glad you liked it Big smile

BilliCat.

Viewbie

BilliCat.

IF Crazy Senior

Posted: 28 September 2009 at 2:16am | IP Logged
gr8 one dii Clap

U-No-Poo

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 29 September 2009 at 3:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by daffodils.dudu

gr8 one dii Clap

Thanks! Big smile

BilliCat.

Prasanthi

IF-Rockerz

Prasanthi

Posted: 30 September 2009 at 12:01am | IP Logged
That was so well written Lizi. I loved the way you have narrated this one which deals with the trivial issue of alcoholism. Cheers Sweetheart for your effort!!!!!

U-No-Poo

Post Reply New Post

Go to top