Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 3:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

another one is word play, ie using english phrases/knowledge to stump the other guy

With this  face u can intimidate everybody.LOL

The one below will also help as an avatar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "internet debate tactics? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

Do you have any internet debate tactics? Which according to you(apard from valid arguments with substance Wink) are the best tactics you use to make the other person feel like he's lost. Well in musical arguments normally a cclassical singer with no idea abt playback will usually tell ppl that they have no musical knowledge. though he cannot actually prove anyone wrong, it will still seem that the other person has lost AngryLOL

My tactic is usually telling them to hteir face what tactic they used Tongue

The best tactic to use when you are in the losing side of an argument and have absolutely no logical or rational stance to sustain yourself is the ye olde 'flood and flame'.

You call each and every one of your mates and have them flood the forum with your perspective. You also go on and flame everyone that is against it. This way it seems that the entire forum is in support of your argument and all those against are seem just out of place and against the flow. Its actually a very age old tactic. It comes from the ancient pillage and burn tactics used by the barbarian hordes. Extremely deadly and effective.

The only caveat is that once you use the 'flood and flame' its confirms the fact that you are a troll and a barbarian.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AllonsyGeronimo_DrEaM_

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 9:54am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 10:35am | IP Logged
one of the tactics when U cannot think of anything worthwhile to say is just support someone else by putting a row of clapping smilies on every post that echoes ur thots .

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 10:37am | IP Logged
arre yaar debate mansion per ho toh khul ker bolo. hemming & hawing ..& rows of clapping & irrelevant talk amounts to spamming . Unhappy

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Sujal_Fan_No1

Goldie

Sujal_Fan_No1

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
Here is wat i do, tell the person i disagree with them. Put a bunch of nonsence together a few posh words here and there and then just pray that it worksWink

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
I changed my avatar back. I'm trying the Amrish Puri technique. From my recollection people argued with me less or contradicted me less when this was my AV. It also made some people think I'm a cold smart guy, but gender is immaterial in arguing.

Speaking of trolling though - there is n00b troll, and l33t troll. L33t trolling is better than n00b trolling.

Other tactics

- The John Kerry, I am not saying you are right, but I am not saying you are wrong either, in fact I am not wrong or right either. The thing is if my right is your left and your left is my right and your wrong is my right and my right is your wrong and two lefts dont make a right.
- The Sarah Palin - I do not think that you can really dispute my opinions on reservations in the educational system. You do not know enough. I have personal experience with higher education. I can see a college from my house.
- The Bill Clinton - I swear I did not say that to you. I'm sorry, its true. I misunderstood your question.
- The George Bush - Look either you are with me or against me, and IF cannot tolerate members being against another. So looks like you have to be with me or you are not deserving to be on IF.

And finally....

- BIG AND BOLD AND RED. HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT! BURN! BURN BURN!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top