Balika Vadhu

Written Updates and current storyline (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

iloveidiotbox

Goldie

iloveidiotbox

Posted: 25 September 2009 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Actually if you look at the story-line, it does show the evils of child-marriage :

Khajan lost his house -> because he was duped -> because he lost his original land -> because he was compelled to buy Suguna wedding gift -> because he always had to please Maasa for Anandi's sake -> because he got Anandi married so young.

So the intent is there, but I don't see why they had to draw it out so much. Also, they don't have a valid reason why no one from Maasa's household has tried to get in touch with Anandi. Jagya seems to have all the money to waste on Sunder, but not enough to call Anandi from a booth when he missed her a lot. And the men in Maasa's household are all waste. The funny thing, is both Shyam and Basanth have cell-phones and could have easily called. And like I mentioned before, I don't like how Shyam is against his own father, but not Maasa, knowing all her atrocities towards the bheendni's

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-aditi-AreYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Written Updates and current storyline (Page 3)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 25 September 2009 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by iloveidiotbox

Actually if you look at the story-line, it does show the evils of child-marriage :

Khajan lost his house -> because he was duped -> because he lost his original land -> because he was compelled to buy Suguna wedding gift -> because he always had to please Maasa for Anandi's sake -> because he got Anandi married so young.

LOLL that's a good flowchartLOLLOL.....but I think it's a little far-fetched to connect Khajan's entire downfall to just the fact that he married Anandi off as a child....they are basically mixing in a storyline about the plight of farmers in rural India within the child marriage storyline....and now it's broadening even more to show bits of child labor, prejudice against the girl child etc. etc....To me it looks more like an attempt to gather storylines from the various other shows on TV right now which are set in rural India and show the plight of the populations living there in poverty.

It is the way all this is being dragged that is annoying.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-aditi-

poonam.rathi

poonam.rathi

Posted: 25 September 2009 at 2:44pm | IP Logged

Shyam cannot go against maasa if he does that than he will also be out of the house like Anandi. He is already thrown out of his own house now after going out of Maasa's out..he will have no place to go...So now Shyam's character also sounds pathetic to me LOL... The whole show is truly a drama now..Dead

gawker

Goldie

gawker

Posted: 26 September 2009 at 7:49am | IP Logged
maybe they want to show that anandi, after all the suffering she and her parents go through, comes to the conclusion that her education is very important. and refuses to go back to her sasara unless she's assured that she can study unhindered.

maye its a process to show some change/maturity/resolve in anandi.

trying to be optimistic :)

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 26 September 2009 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gawker

maybe they want to show that anandi, after all the suffering she and her parents go through, comes to the conclusion that her education is very important. and refuses to go back to her sasara unless she's assured that she can study unhindered.

maye its a process to show some change/maturity/resolve in anandi.

trying to be optimistic :)
Thats a good point but I dont think the creatives will show anandis refusal to go to her saasraEmbarrassed
But yes I would love to see Anandi pursuing her education.

RockChicGirl

IF-Stunnerz

RockChicGirl

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by iloveidiotbox

So the intent is there, but I don't see why they had to draw it out so much. Also, they don't have a valid reason why no one from Maasa's household has tried to get in touch with Anandi. Jagya seems to have all the money to waste on Sunder, but not enough to call Anandi from a booth when he missed her a lot. And the men in Maasa's household are all waste. The funny thing, is both Shyam and Basanth have cell-phones and could have easily called. And like I mentioned before, I don't like how Shyam is against his own father, but not Maasa, knowing all her atrocities towards the bheendni's
the reason why khajan is in trouble is on the surface connected to anandi's child marriage...but if you see its irrespective of the age she got married. women and their family members are always at the receiving end when situations like a function/marriage in the girl's in-laws house arises. im sure even sumitra's brother felt pressurized to give a decent gift to suguna irrespective of his financial status so as to avoid his sister getting taunted by his kalyani. the very same reason drove anandi's father and drives the parents of lakhs of girls who keep giving expensive gifts(also called dowry) even after marriage irrespective of the age and education level of their daughter.
now even if we go by the flowchart and say anandi's child marriage is responsible but from the updates it doesnt seem that the characters or the makers are make the connection or are giving the message. in fact tommorow if anandi's in-laws take her back her parents wont even think twice to send her back. not because they are poverty stricken but because they cannot think of keeping their daughter away from her sasra irrespective of how she is treated there.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

Post Reply New Post

Go to top