Page   of 9
Page 6 Page 9

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 5:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by clodpolish

Suppose it is, i am more interested in whether we can do some modifications after reaching the desired destination .

Sirf time travel karke 1921 mein kya ho raha hai , ye dekhkar kya faayda- kuch aisa karo jisse jab waapas 2009 mein aayo to kuch dhamaakedar changes nazar aayein.LOL

The repercussions of altering time can have disastrous consequences. Kya hon, alternate universe may cloddy paida na ho. IF site develop hua na ho.

I think we had discussed somewhere once, can you kill yourself in the past.

If you traveled in time and killed yourself as an infant.
That means you died as an infant.
That means you never grew up.
If you never grew up you never discovered time travel to go back in time.
If you never went back in time you never killed yourself.

It is an absurdity that crashes the time system. Time is now an alternate tangent where you cease to exist.

Altering time can lead to an alternate universe where many of us cease to exist, leaving us trapped in the loophole of time and space.

Of course its all theory.

There are some theories to explain that paradox:

1) There are many parallel universes with all the possibilities and combinations of all the possible actions Thus, if one goes back and kills oneself then one will have done it in some other parallel universe and not in the universe where one existed.

2) or one can only go back to the point where first time machine was discovered.

3) or one can travel only to the future (that too only one way) and not to the past.

Edited by karandel_2008 - 27 September 2009 at 6:23pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is Time Travel possible? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 9:22pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Summer3

Hypothetically time travel is possible. Many theorists suggest there are several more dimensions in which the universe exists. Currently we are aware only of the three dimensions, height, width and depth. People believe the fourth dimension is time. Space is another abstract dimension.

We move forward and back, side to side in linear motions. However, when it comes to outside the physical planes on earth - our linear motion in space itself is poor. Most of the information we have on space is from the bouncing of sonic waves, light waves and other waves in space.

The key to time and space both seems to be light. Light seems to transcend both time and space. Although other puzzles to figure are is time linear or three dimensional - are there several interwoven timelines - what about space - how does time exist in space - is the universe time traveling in itself.

I think until we meet the Vulcans our attempts of time travel are futile.
Perhaps the Vulcans are already here and moving around incognito.
But I believe we have to travel faster than the speed of light to do time travel and enter another higher dimension where  past,  present and future will seem like just pages in a book.

Our thoughts move faster than the speed of light ( faster than the speed of thought would be the speed of the soul).
sometimes we do experience  being without the body and with only the thoughts existing ( but it is very difficult to hold on to that thought unless we  are adequately equipped).

Traveling at the speed of though, its an interesting phenomenon. Many people have claimed out of body experiences, some even claim to have traveled to alternate universes or through time in their out of body experience. Near death people also express a strange out of body experience.

The question is can our physical body travel at the speed of thought. As such our biomechanical potential energy can be disintegrated into light energy for travel. Or can we separate our subconscious from the conscious body and travel only as a conscious abstract mass with no body.
Our physical body will not be able to travel at the speed of thought, only our mental consciousness has that ability. For this we have to personally develop ourselves spiritually.

But if a special Time Travel machine has been designed for time travel then the inventor will have to ensure that our bodies are fully insulated and  protected for the journey.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 27 September 2009 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by karandel_2008

Suppose it is, i am more interested in whether we can do some modifications after reaching the desired destination .

Sirf time travel karke 1921 mein kya ho raha hai , ye dekhkar kya faayda- kuch aisa karo jisse jab waapas 2009 mein aayo to kuch dhamaakedar changes nazar aayein.LOL

The repercussions of altering time can have disastrous consequences. Kya hon, alternate universe may cloddy paida na ho. IF site develop hua na ho.

I think we had discussed somewhere once, can you kill yourself in the past.

If you traveled in time and killed yourself as an infant.
That means you died as an infant.
That means you never grew up.
If you never grew up you never discovered time travel to go back in time.
If you never went back in time you never killed yourself.

It is an absurdity that crashes the time system. Time is now an alternate tangent where you cease to exist.

Altering time can lead to an alternate universe where many of us cease to exist, leaving us trapped in the loophole of time and space.

Of course its all theory.

There are some theories to explain that paradox:

1) There are many parallel universes with all the possibilities and combinations of all the possible actions Thus, if one goes back and kills oneself then one will have done it in some other parallel universe and not in the universe where one existed.

2) or one can only go back to the point where first time machine was discovered.

3) or one can travel only to the future (that too only one way) and not to the past.

Just remembered on this parallel universe thing:
It is said that Viswamitra created another universe using the Gayatri Mantra. But the universe did not last as nothing can go against the Divine will ( so there seems to be some sort of regulation as to who can create what in this universe).
BUt a parallel universe is supposed to operate simultaneously at different levels so there is no clash; But I do not see the requirement of a parallel universe. Still I will not rule it out.

Edited by Summer3 - 27 September 2009 at 9:29pm

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 28 September 2009 at 9:15pm | IP Logged

But if a special Time Travel machine has been designed for time travel then the inventor will have to ensure that our bodies are fully insulated and protected for the journey.

There are some other things that he also has to ensure- like making sure we reach the desired destination and the desired point of time.LOL

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 28 September 2009 at 9:51pm | IP Logged

But if a special Time Travel machine has been designed for time travel then the inventor will have to ensure that our bodies are fully insulated and protected for the journey.

There are some other things that he also has to ensure- like making sure we reach the desired destination and the desired point of time.LOL

Cloddy Bhai I am sure you will be one of the first Time Travellers. But pl be careful not to land in another parallel universe.LOL Such a machine could put the Airlines out of business.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 28 September 2009 at 10:18pm | IP Logged

Cloddy Bhai I am sure you will be one of the first Time Travellers. But pl be careful not to land in another parallel universe.LOLSuch a machine could put the Airlines out of business.

Yea- summer ji, i'll take you with me -LOLbut history classes for students might be fun !LOL

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 28 September 2009 at 10:41pm | IP Logged

Cloddy Bhai I am sure you will be one of the first Time Travellers. But pl be careful not to land in another parallel universe.LOLSuch a machine could put the Airlines out of business.

Yea- summer ji, i'll take you with me -LOLbut history classes for students might be fun !LOL

History classes fun??
I think dangerous.
 Imagine if Guruji and Vijay Babu landed in Nazi Germany during the second world war; they would both be history too.LOL

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 28 September 2009 at 10:52pm | IP Logged

History classes fun??
I think dangerous.
Imagine if Guruji and Vijay Babu landed in Nazi Germany during the second world war; they would both be history too.LOL

What were they thinking when they chose that destination?ConfusedLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top