Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   

Is Time Travel possible? (Page 3)

_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Joined: 21 February 2008
Posts: 9888

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 8:54am | IP Logged
yeah, its also known as the collective consciousness. something like the www LOL
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Joined: 24 September 2007
Posts: 44279

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 10:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

yeah, its also known as the collective consciousness. something like the www LOL
Yes actually consciousness is only one but often our consciousness is limited to our ownselves.
casper2 Goldie
casper2
casper2

Joined: 09 August 2008
Posts: 1720

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 10:42am | IP Logged

many a times it cant even see ones own self properly Wink Its only things external that R visible to most

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Joined: 24 September 2007
Posts: 44279

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

many a times it cant even see ones own self properly Wink Its only things external that R visible to most

Yes it is because we can only use our physical eyes. Of the 5 senses the eyes ranks as the highest I think. But there are cases where advanced souls are able to see without the eyes too, so there must be other additional senses which a yogi is able to develop. The mind is an instrument that can both bind and release us.
I was watching some youtubes on telekinetics and other powers, some of which were fakes of course.LOL
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Joined: 18 January 2006
Posts: 21485

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
Hypothetically time travel is possible. Many theorists suggest there are several more dimensions in which the universe exists. Currently we are aware only of the three dimensions, height, width and depth. People believe the fourth dimension is time. Space is another abstract dimension.

We move forward and back, side to side in linear motions. However, when it comes to outside the physical planes on earth - our linear motion in space itself is poor. Most of the information we have on space is from the bouncing of sonic waves, light waves and other waves in space.

The key to time and space both seems to be light. Light seems to transcend both time and space. Although other puzzles to figure are is time linear or three dimensional - are there several interwoven timelines - what about space - how does time exist in space - is the universe time traveling in itself.

I think until we meet the Vulcans our attempts of time travel are futile.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Joined: 24 September 2007
Posts: 44279

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Hypothetically time travel is possible. Many theorists suggest there are several more dimensions in which the universe exists. Currently we are aware only of the three dimensions, height, width and depth. People believe the fourth dimension is time. Space is another abstract dimension.

We move forward and back, side to side in linear motions. However, when it comes to outside the physical planes on earth - our linear motion in space itself is poor. Most of the information we have on space is from the bouncing of sonic waves, light waves and other waves in space.

The key to time and space both seems to be light. Light seems to transcend both time and space. Although other puzzles to figure are is time linear or three dimensional - are there several interwoven timelines - what about space - how does time exist in space - is the universe time traveling in itself.

I think until we meet the Vulcans our attempts of time travel are futile.
Perhaps the Vulcans are already here and moving around incognito.
But I believe we have to travel faster than the speed of light to do time travel and enter another higher dimension where  past,  present and future will seem like just pages in a book.
 
Our thoughts move faster than the speed of light ( faster than the speed of thought would be the speed of the soul).
sometimes we do experience  being without the body and with only the thoughts existing ( but it is very difficult to hold on to that thought unless we  are adequately equipped).
Mindbender IF-Sizzlerz
Mindbender
Mindbender

Joined: 21 October 2008
Posts: 15873

Posted: 26 September 2009 at 11:12pm | IP Logged

Suppose it is, i am more interested in whether we can do some modifications after reaching the desired destination .

Sirf time travel karke 1921 mein kya ho raha hai , ye dekhkar kya faayda- kuch aisa karo jisse jab waapas 2009 mein aayo to kuch dhamaakedar changes nazar aayein.LOL

_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Joined: 21 February 2008
Posts: 9888

Posted: 26 September 2009 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
jo bhi changes past mein jaakar karoge uska effect dhamakedar hi hoga! slightest change wud have drastic effect on present .  the whole scenario cud change ..present world cud vanish in a poof !

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
once upon a time, we WERE friends

2

Author: glamritz   Replies: 15   Views: 1162

glamritz 15 1162 04 August 2009 at 4:12am by k-ekta fan
Is 100% Job Possible?

2 3 4 5

Author: JayKish   Replies: 38   Views: 2137

JayKish 38 2137 12 October 2007 at 3:27am by JayKish
Dream travel destination or nightmare?

2 3 4

Author: TallyHo   Replies: 31   Views: 1600

TallyHo 31 1600 29 March 2007 at 4:30pm by Aanandaa
International travel

Author: ~priya~   Replies: 6   Views: 339

~priya~ 6 339 25 November 2006 at 11:18am by Majority
If possible whom do u bring alive and why

Author: prassy   Replies: 9   Views: 508

prassy 9 508 19 August 2006 at 7:08pm by Rindam

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index