Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Hypothetically time travel is possible. Many theorists suggest there are several more dimensions in which the universe exists. Currently we are aware only of the three dimensions, height, width and depth. People believe the fourth dimension is time. Space is another abstract dimension.

We move forward and back, side to side in linear motions. However, when it comes to outside the physical planes on earth - our linear motion in space itself is poor. Most of the information we have on space is from the bouncing of sonic waves, light waves and other waves in space.

The key to time and space both seems to be light. Light seems to transcend both time and space. Although other puzzles to figure are is time linear or three dimensional - are there several interwoven timelines - what about space - how does time exist in space - is the universe time traveling in itself.

I think until we meet the Vulcans our attempts of time travel are futile.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Hypothetically time travel is possible. Many theorists suggest there are several more dimensions in which the universe exists. Currently we are aware only of the three dimensions, height, width and depth. People believe the fourth dimension is time. Space is another abstract dimension.

We move forward and back, side to side in linear motions. However, when it comes to outside the physical planes on earth - our linear motion in space itself is poor. Most of the information we have on space is from the bouncing of sonic waves, light waves and other waves in space.

The key to time and space both seems to be light. Light seems to transcend both time and space. Although other puzzles to figure are is time linear or three dimensional - are there several interwoven timelines - what about space - how does time exist in space - is the universe time traveling in itself.

I think until we meet the Vulcans our attempts of time travel are futile.

Perhaps the Vulcans are already here and moving around incognito.
But I believe we have to travel faster than the speed of light to do time travel and enter another higher dimension where  past,  present and future will seem like just pages in a book.

Our thoughts move faster than the speed of light ( faster than the speed of thought would be the speed of the soul).
sometimes we do experience  being without the body and with only the thoughts existing ( but it is very difficult to hold on to that thought unless we  are adequately equipped).
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Suppose it is, i am more interested in whether we can do some modifications after reaching the desired destination .

Sirf time travel karke 1921 mein kya ho raha hai , ye dekhkar kya faayda- kuch aisa karo jisse jab waapas 2009 mein aayo to kuch dhamaakedar changes nazar aayein.😆

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
jo bhi changes past mein jaakar karoge uska effect dhamakedar hi hoga! slightest change wud have drastic effect on present .  the whole scenario cud change ..present world cud vanish in a poof !
Mindbender thumbnail

Originally posted by: angie.4u

jo bhi changes past mein jaakar karoge uska effect dhamakedar hi hoga! slightest change wud have drastic effect on present . the whole scenario cud change ..present world cud vanish in a poof !

hai la- world kaise vanish hoyega?😕😆

par haan ye baat sach hai- slightest change can have drastic effect-

i'll catch the apple that fell on newton and throw a stone on his head instead. Saari physics vanish ho jaayegi😆

_Angie_ thumbnail

pehle karna tha atleast ek subject kam padhna padta !

I dont think anyone can go to past & change things as it cud change whole hist/ geog/science
Mindbender thumbnail

Originally posted by: angie.4u

I dont think anyone can go to past & change things as it cud change whole hist/ geog/science

hmm

lets look at it from a certain perspective-

we go to the future- see ourselves there- want to change the way our future is going- do come back to present- do some certain changes in present(where changes are allowed) which have a certain effect in future.

So effectively, now, if we consider future as present and present as past- we did something in past which changed the present.

_Angie_ thumbnail
only   "khayalon mein " or as astral bodies perhaps LOL, but not  time travel with our physical bodies that cud make changes!
_DrEaM_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i guess it would be better to travel to future and come back to change our present so it can change future huh clod ji 😆

ok so coming back to topic i just think if any of you faced a situation where you are doing something and you sort of feels you have done it somewhere before the exact same thing, it feels like a repetition and you start wondering about it.

Well people say even our dreams are travelling of time and we catch certain signals. Sometimes the order or sequences of those signal are messed up if our brain catch it wrongly so it develop into dreams. When in reality we met with the same signal we believe our dream cam true lol....

ya i know that was about dream or doing stuff but that is a kind of time travel too isn't that? i personally believe we can travel to time but only to see what is happening and of coz holding that we have to travel faster than speed of light or any other possible factor contributing to the element of time. However we can never change what is happening at the time periods we travel to

nice topic summer ji 👍🏼
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: clodpolish

hmm

lets look at it from a certain perspective-

we go to the future- see ourselves there- want to change the way our future is going- do come back to present- do some certain changes in present(where changes are allowed) which have a certain effect in future.

So effectively, now, if we consider future as present and present as past- we did something in past which changed the present.

Cloddy Bhai, Sapna and Angel, you need not go to the future or travel far. You guys  have a great future and it is cast in stone.😆