* Chat Clubs Rules - Your opinion matters* - Page 5

Posted: 14 years ago
But what's wrong with saying so and so is gay and a jackass, especially if they are? Is a fact considered bashing? 😆
OMG these new rules have to be the best thing ever. Fabulous job Mods, we really appreciate all the effort which went into this  👏 👏. The anti-stalking rule especially, is my favorite along with the 'Mods-won't-be-spared- either' one.

I think all the rules are quite fair , thanks for taking a step in the right direction, I-F needed this. I am looking forward to good moderation from you , not that I doubt it because this DT  seems quite sensible n fair 😊

I just have one question to ask-

Not everyone is tactful enough to put their words diplomatically or wisely so that they don't give out wrong implications to the ones who are reading them, its possible that the persons who will read n peek into the CCs which they don't belong to, take offense (both of us know that we cannot avoid this scenario) & report it to the Mods who may also feel that the reported person is indeed bashing or not using a proper tone although that only happens to be the person's general style of writing or using the language, then what should one do to be spared from getting a warning level increase or avoid being warned? For example, I am not exactly a politically correct person, my tone is usually sarcastic (but I make sure I draw a line mostly) & I am someone who doesn't mince words to call a spade a spade - like suppose I do not like a certain actor/actress' acting in a show I watch or follow now n then, I might go " WTF was that? He is such an awful actor " or crack a joke about his on screen character or his acting skills when I am discussing it with my friends in my CC, now what's a fact is a fact according to me, one cannot deny that to me but it is quite possible that what I said might be considered as "bashing" by some fan of the actor or even you people because of the crude way in which I put it but then my intention here was only to express my opinion, not to offend anyone  n I am not skillful enough to put it any other way , I am not even aware that my honest opinion (according to me) would be misconstrued as bashing by I-F, then what am I to do in such a scenario to avoid being at the receiving end? I am addressing this issue because I know many people here who do not actually intend offense but are terribly mistaken just because of their habitual writing style, its unjust that a person should be warned or his/her W/L raised because of how people INTERPRET (& sometimes CHOOSE TO interpret) their posts, right? 

Edited by Kavya_KraZQueen - 14 years ago

@ Kavya: First of all thank you for very much for the compliments you have showered upon us😳 Really appreaciated =D And for your sarcastic remarks, as long as you where to draw line [as you have stated that you do] everything should be fine. You don't have to like any actor's acting and you as a viewer has the full right to criticize an actor's acting skills but just make sure you're not bashing his personal life. I think that's where most of the problems stem from as people start bashing the actor as a person which is not done as we don't allow personal attacks. But if all you are doing is criticizing his acting skill then please go ahead and do so and if someone feels "hurt" at that and reports you then no action will be taken =D

Originally posted by Angelic_J

@ Kavya: First of all thank you for very much for the compliments you have showered upon us😳 Really appreaciated =D And for your sarcastic remarks, as long as you where to draw line [as you have stated that you do] everything should be fine. You don't have to like any actor's acting and you as a viewer has the full right to criticize an actor's acting skills but just make sure you're not bashing his personal life. I think that's where most of the problems stem from as people start bashing the actor as a person which is not done as we don't allow personal attacks. But if all you are doing is criticizing his acting skill then please go ahead and do so and if someone feels "hurt" at that and reports you then no action will be taken =D

That means we ARE allowed to criticize in whatever way we want to as long as we are talking about his/her acting/performance n on screen character only & not delving into personal lives or other matters which we have nothing to do with  😊. That's great Jot, thanks for this clarification & thanks for allowing freedom of expression, its ironic & kinda funny that we are thanking you for allowing freedom of expression on an OPEN FORUM  😆 😆  but this is relieving, so great job once again 👏
Edited by Kavya_KraZQueen - 14 years ago
I still wished we could call some person gay.

:D
I appreciate the restriction on bashing and namecalling and private stuff

I hope there are restrictions on to what extent we can talk about an actor's private Assets as well..ehmm... after all IF is where even kids have access and u dont want them to be reading about how adorable an actors chest hair *ehmm ehmmm* was in a salivating note...🤢
Love the rules! I have possibly never been so happy about rules being implemented, as I am now😆. Awesome work Mods. Not that I have had any problem in CC before, but it really feels good to see fair treatment. Thanks a bunch for the new boundaries, will try my best to abide by it
I promise this is my last post. Just wanted to point out opinion is spelt wrong in the title, heheh sorry these thigns tick me off sometimes.
@ Kavya: Thank you kavya but we are simply doing what should have been done long time ago😆

@ Sabrina: You can call Dumbeldore or Clay Aiken Gay =D and corrected the opinon spelling 8-) thank you for pointing it out =)

Thanks for approving the rules guys! Our work definitely paid off! 😃

Hope to see everyone abide by them 😉