Frequent Posters

Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
money hai toh honey hai  money makes the world go round

Originally posted by: crazy_sunny

money hai toh honey hai  money makes the world go round

so i've beeen lied to all my life..😳  i always thought it was God that did tht..😳..😆😆

Originally posted by: Summer3

Hey Durga Mata what a sincere piece of work.👏👏👏
I remain humbled.😊😊

Rahul jiii.. sukhriya..😳😳😳..
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
may b God does it but money will help U to get to god first by breaking the queue. U can jump queue in crowded temples by giving hefty dakshina . So money makes the world go round

Originally posted by: crazy_sunny

may b God does it but money will help U to get to god first by breaking the queue. U can jump queue in crowded temples by giving hefty dakshina . So money makes the world go round

LOL.. 😆.. i dont agree.. 

you dont need to go to a temple to offer your prayers..  you can do that even while standing in the middle of a street.. 😛 God is omnipresent...😛 

do you think a person can bribe there way into heaven..??  😳..
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
may B .. by giving hefty dakshina again to expert pandit who knows short cut to heaven .. worth thinking about ..hmmm
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Meena.

so i've beeen lied to all my life..😳  i always thought it was God that did tht..😳..😆😆

You all lie. The earths axis makes the world go round. 😆
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Meena.

i got two goood job offers.. an advertising company and an investment bank..  IB paid a lot more then the ad company.. ad company supervisors were alot more up-beat and full of life.. whereas the IB people just appeared as machines.. i was told the work can gooo into the wee hours of the morning 😲😲😲 but thats a small price to pay when you loook at those year end bonuses..

i was in a dillema.. my friends wanted me to work for the IB.. and my parents wanted me to work for Ad comp.. cuz work wouldnt be as hectic and i can start schoool part-tim... first time i thought my parents made more sense then friends..😆😆 i took the ad company job.. 😛 i think i made a wise choice.. cuz the perks here are great here.. they are paying for my post-graduate degree... thats like 40k a year.. and i started studying for my gmats and lsats right away..😆

Thats an interesting story. I've heard that the state jobs can be for the apathetic, when you hit the point of no caring - you enjoy the cushy job, state benefits and lifetime job security. But for people who like feedback and challenge it is frustrating.

I find it weird that your parents picked ad company. But I guess if it still lets you study more. I'm a business major, and all desis always ask me why I did not take financial management. Marketing is getting popular amidst people now, but a while back it was like why marketing - go into finance - there is more money. I think I made a wise decision by saving the finance types from enduring me, all I would have done in a finance job was suggest ways to make spreadsheets more exciting.

Sometimes I think desi folks can be very hard on you on the income levels and status level of jobs. Everyone gives me a hard time for being a farmer and a peasant. I'm more sales/customer service/marketing but when your annual company meeting is in a farm and the basic dress code is jeans or overalls most likely coated in dirt - you are nothing but a peasant. Oh well they gave me an uber cool weatherproof jacket today. It will be handy in the rains and fleecy snow. They gave me a sweatshirt last year which is excellent for fall. I'm a Wisconsin girl, winter gear and snow boots make my day.

So you plan to take GMAT and LSAT. Ambitious!  That reminds me, I ought to think of GMAT soon. I figured it just sounds better when you say you have an MBA. The desis respect MBA's more than farmers too.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

You all lie. The earths axis makes the world go round. 😆

The earth rotates and so do all the planets generally but at different speeds. Jupiter does it in amazing  10 hours.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
You should do the job that is both enjoyable and earns the appropriate amount of money, but if one has to be given  the preference, it is money because it is hard supporting a family without it.