Posted: 14 years ago

Whom to watch out for at Fashion Week

16 Sep, 2009 08:19 pm ISTlINDIATIMES MOVIES
 Print   EMail  Discuss  Share  Save  Comment Text:

Dig into those heels, wear the make-up right, straighten up and don't tug at the dress! The time to get it right is back in Mumbai what with the Couture Week just around the corner. And this time, we hear, some newbies are all set to steal the show.

Actor Salman Khan will strut his stuff at this year's Couture Week in Mumbai. Salman Khan will be seen walking the ramp with girlfriend Katrina Kaif, as he launches his 'Being Human' range of clothing and accessories. Of course the proceeds of this initiative will go towards Salman Khan's 'Being Human' foundation.

Next, Neeta Lulla may be the mother of all designers, but daughter Nishka Lulla who makes her debut at the Mumbai Fashion week describes herself as 'anxious, excited, and extremely busy'. "I'm busy just tying up all loose ends - literally speaking," she laughs. But the girl has achieved quite a bit on the fashion circuit even before her first Mumbai Lakme India Fashion Week. For starters, she won an award for the Best Barbie Dress, beautifully worn by Katrina Kaif. And more recently, she showcased her sports collection at Formula One's 'Speed Nights VIP access'.

"Yes, those have been great opportunities. So much has happened so soon, that I'm not so sure if anything has sunk in. And also, one thing has led to another and I'm always so busy," says Nishka, who'll launch her label Nisshk under mom Neeta's umbrella.

Masaba, daughter of Neena Gupta and Vivian Richards who is still studying fashion designing is excited about her debut at the Lakme India Fashion Week. The girl wishes to depict India through her collection. "So there are a lot of hand painted typical Indian scenes, temples, carvings, hand woven fabrics..." informs Masaba. About fashion designing, Masaba insists that it's a profession she stepped on by accident. "But I'm just glad I did, because I don't think I'd be happier doing anything else."

So while we cheer on for these first time creators, there's another newbie we are looking forward to see. Not at the Lakme India Fashion Week, but the next one in Delhi which happens in the month of October. Filmmaker Karan Johar, who has dressed up Shah Rukh for 12 years now, will come out with a fashion label of his own in association with Varun Bahl. And though he claims that Shah Rukh and Gauri would be a huge part of his first ever show, the director informs us that there will be many more surprises to watch out for.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Divyaa- thumbnail
wow can't wait for this to happen !!! they'll look so great together on the ramp.
Wow that sounds ace cannot wait to see them together..
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
wow salman on ramp again.. waitinf for him only
Same here guys cant wait for this me soo excited i want to know when they gonna walk the ramp for salmans brand...
PCRocks thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
can't wait to see them together
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
interesting....i am looking forward to this aswell!!
rhea_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Looking forward to Katrina's clothes as I wanna see how they've designed for girls!

The Being Human Shirt Kat was wearing sometime ago was just a T-shirt...I wanna see something feminine!
This content was originally posted by: rhea_6

Looking forward to Katrina's clothes as I wanna see how they've designed for girls!

The Being Human Shirt Kat was wearing sometime ago was just a T-shirt...I wanna see something feminine!

same here Rhea!

me also looking forward to Katrinas clothes because like u said me also wanna see how they have designed for girls i loved that being human t-shirt which kat did wear it was cute and the brands t-shirts design are realy nice i want to see soemthing feminine to dear i heared that Salmans sis is gonna design the new collection!