Page 2 Page 4

-Divyaa-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Divyaa-

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 7:58am | IP Logged

After Quickgun, it's Alice in Wonderland

Quick Gun Murugun director Shashanka Ghosh to adapt Alice In Wonderland
Katrina Kaif

While he's planning two spectacular epics based on real-life characters, Quick Gun Murugun director Shashanka Ghosh is not letting himself forget his affinity for fantasy and escapism.

Ghosh is going straight into a pure fantasy film based on Alice In Wonderland. Says the excited director, "It's not based on Alice In Wonderland. It's a straight adaptation. But it is going to be a completely Indianised version of Alice In Wonderland named Alisha. My Alisha will be will be a very contemporary take on the fable." Samit Basu, who has written the fantasy trilogy called the Simoqin Prophecies, will write the script for the adaptation.

Shashanka wants his Alisha to be, "Someone sexy. But she has to pull off a child's bewilderment."

Shashanka has already zeroed in on Katrina Kaif, Soha Ali Khan and Sonam Kapoor, not necessarily in that order to play Alice/Alisha.

Says Shashank, "Though it's going to be a start-to-finish film, it is going to have tremendous special-effects. I want it to be a desi Alice In Wonderland. But I want it to be technically comparable with international fantasies like Harry Potter and The Lord Of The Rings."

Oh by the way, Ghosh will include a school teacher's character based on the author. "She'll be based on the Alice In Wonderland writer, Lewis Carroll."

The effort will require tremendous imagination to pull it off in style. The delightful book had Alice falling through a rabbit hole. She meets quirky characters and curious things begin to happen to her. We're sure Shashanka is feeling pleased just like the Cheshire Cat.

Edited by divyalrl - 22 September 2009 at 8:00am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devilRaiinie2jassiee.pksanamCalvin_Kleinjaanlover

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Katrina,Soha,Sonam to do alice in wonderland" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

PuffinHypercity

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 8:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devil

Sneh-Jiwan

IF-Rockerz

Sneh-Jiwan

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 8:50am | IP Logged
Love the topic and hope its true to the core !! Very interesting indeed !!Thumbs Up

angelic_devil

AmritaRao-Nina

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 11:57am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

jaanlover

IF-Sizzlerz

jaanlover

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing

Very interesting article....hope it's true

Calvin_Klein

IF-Sizzlerz

Calvin_Klein

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
hope its true Big smile

-Divyaa-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Divyaa-

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:50am | IP Logged
^^^ u r welcome guys n yeah hope its true.

pksanam

IF-Rockerz

pksanam

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 10:11am | IP Logged
But I want it to be technically comparable with international fantasies like Harry Potter and The Lord Of The Rings  
WHY, oh why do they always try and compare to HP and LOTR....??

i hope they make a good adaption though, and do justice to the movie because i adore Alice in the Wonderland...

let's see how it plays out... i would love to see sonam in it because she has such childlike innocence about her... she'll suit the role, i think...

please don't cast Soha... she's alright but i am not too fond of her as an actress....!!

-Divyaa-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top