Short Story Writing Contest! *CLOSED* Note Pg 8

Posted: 14 years ago

Welcome to the 'Short Story Writing competition'!

"Writing is a form of personal freedom. It frees us from the mass identity we see in the making all around us. In the end, writers will write not to be outlaw heroes of some underculture but mainly to save themselves, to survive as individuals"

~ Anonymous

Fish out your pens and scribble to your heart's content! Allow your thoughts and ideas to flow incessantly, unbarred and unrestrained. Here comes a 'Short story competition' for all the members of IF! Yes, not only the writers in WC, but writers from all over IF can participate here 😃

Everyone has to write a short story on this idea:

It is raining heavily in the city of New York. The pounding sheets of rain have infused a certain uncanny sense of foreboding in the city. Two people are sitting and communicating in a cafe. Another person is eavesdropping on them. He listens carefully, as he has to report every small detail to the person who has hired him.

In other part of the city, the onwer of a Multinational corporation smirked to himself as he kept the phone down, he had finally got what he wanted. His man had done a good job. Just next to his apartment lives a lady. The doorbell of her house rings. She opens the door to see a man. He says, "I have the info"..

From here, you all have to continue it :) It can go in any direction. You all can make it a thriller, a romantic thriller, a tale of infedelity, a tale of vengeance etc. The idea put forth is vague, and can have various interpretations. So peeps! Put that thinking cap on! 😃

Guidelines:

1. Everyone is allowed to participate :)

2. All entries should be a maximum of 2500 words and minimum of 1000 words [ 12pt (Size 3 according to IF), Times New Roman, Single spaced  ]

Here is word counter, incase you all need to count your words quickly 😉

3. All entries should comply with IF COC, which also includes a prohibition on writing adult content.

4. All entries should be PMed to me ( -Neetz- )

5. Last date for submission - 2nd of October, 2009.

6. Entries will be evaluated and awarded on the basis of:

a) Best Story
b) Best Concept
c) Best writer

7. You cannot advertise your stories, it will lead to disqualification.

8. One entry per person; Do not make MIDs to submit more than one entry (s)

9. The story does not have to start from the given paragraph, it can be incorporated in any way in any part of your story.

If there are any further queries, then please contact me! 😃 Have fun while writing, and please do take part! 😃

Thanks,
Neeta :)

P.S -  chhilt will make it sticky in some time 😃
Edited by -Neetz- - 14 years ago

Hey Neetz..this is a gr8 idea..

I will definately participate..though i;m SO not good!..just for the joy of writing i will do it!

best of luck to all

-Aish
I just saw this notice and just 7 seven days left? ...........Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Awesome idea. I'll try to participate!
i'll give a [sucky] shot at it.. IF i get time.. i have a midterm on the 28th but lets see how [poorly] i manage my time 😆

An idea just hit me [although on a completely different tangent to these started paragraphs]....time permitting I'll hopefully be able to enter.😳

Originally posted by x.sonia.x

can i use sumthin i wrote b4?

Yes, but it has to pertain to the given theme 😃
I, am new here. wanted to ask if the man who eavesdrops has to be the same person referred to as the MNC owner's 'man'??
Originally posted by pallavpotter

I, am new here. wanted to ask if the man who eavesdrops has to be the same person referred to as the MNC owner's 'man'??

It depends on you, he doesn't have to be his man 😛 He can be anyone :)