Page 1 of 9

Page 1
Page   of 9
Page 2 Page 9

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 5:17am | IP Logged

Welcome to the 'Short Story Writing competition'!

"Writing is a form of personal freedom. It frees us from the mass identity we see in the making all around us. In the end, writers will write not to be outlaw heroes of some underculture but mainly to save themselves, to survive as individuals"

~ Anonymous

Fish out your pens and scribble to your heart's content! Allow your thoughts and ideas to flow incessantly, unbarred and unrestrained. Here comes a 'Short story competition' for all the members of IF! Yes, not only the writers in WC, but writers from all over IF can participate here Big smile

Everyone has to write a short story on this idea:

It is raining heavily in the city of New York. The pounding sheets of rain have infused a certain uncanny sense of foreboding in the city. Two people are sitting and communicating in a cafe. Another person is eavesdropping on them. He listens carefully, as he has to report every small detail to the person who has hired him.

In other part of the city, the onwer of a Multinational corporation smirked to himself as he kept the phone down, he had finally got what he wanted. His man had done a good job. Just next to his apartment lives a lady. The doorbell of her house rings. She opens the door to see a man. He says, "I have the info"..

From here, you all have to continue it :) It can go in any direction. You all can make it a thriller, a romantic thriller, a tale of infedelity, a tale of vengeance etc. The idea put forth is vague, and can have various interpretations. So peeps! Put that thinking cap on! Big smile

Guidelines:

1. Everyone is allowed to participate :)

2. All entries should be a maximum of 2500 words and minimum of 1000 words [ 12pt (Size 3 according to IF), Times New Roman, Single spaced  ]

Here is word counter, incase you all need to count your words quickly Wink

3. All entries should comply with IF COC, which also includes a prohibition on writing adult content.

4. All entries should be PMed to me ( -Neetz- )

5. Last date for submission - 2nd of October, 2009.

6. Entries will be evaluated and awarded on the basis of:

a) Best Story
b) Best Concept
c) Best writer

7. You cannot advertise your stories, it will lead to disqualification.

8. One entry per person; Do not make MIDs to submit more than one entry (s)

9. The story does not have to start from the given paragraph, it can be incorporated in any way in any part of your story.

If there are any further queries, then please contact me! Big smile Have fun while writing, and please do take part! Big smile

Thanks,
Neeta :)

P.S -  chhilt will make it sticky in some time Big smile

Edited by -Neetz- - 04 October 2009 at 10:40am

The following 70 member(s) liked the above post:

vijaygk_09shellyttsmriti.tweetyyikes-Armaan-BlissAloneCaptain_Pariswamii92kautilya04muaazdevashree_hIshan.BilliCat.sourpussguggublackdaughterlilangel_soumyaCookMySockadi_gupta-SILPA-Princess..rinxkashsujenmishty1033~*LoVeLy*~Krani-LilyGurl--Shankar---ania--Quirkychhiltmissindia26-.nandini.-hello.KiranSD1Anhdara13bmtdluverskepticallupin_rozacityoflightsmimi0295-Mystery-Angelic_J-De.De--aditi-ejaz_loverhowzzat-Nayab--simi-gujunpyoJenifer.splnaish_punkDelena-ciousisomersPerfangel5655roxthefoxx.sonia.x-Disha-DUGGUlicious.DontKnow.Wrackspurt-Fatima-iTangled_25anitamaliklavienroseMeena1indiandoll89Nadz_YuNalovertomnjerry2

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Short Story Writing Contest! *CLOSED* Note Pg 8" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 6:52am | IP Logged

Hey Neetz..this is a gr8 idea..

I will definately participate..though i;m SO not good!..just for the joy of writing i will do it!

best of luck to all

-Aish

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Poo

skeptical

IF-Rockerz

skeptical

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 7:20am | IP Logged
I just saw this notice and just 7 seven days left? ...........Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ouch

U-No-Poo

Ms.GoodMorning

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-simi-

IF-Sizzlerz

-simi-

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
i'll give a [sucky] shot at it.. IF i get time.. i have a midterm on the 28th but lets see how [poorly] i manage my time LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

U-No-Pooroxthefox

Tomiko

IF-Sizzlerz

Tomiko

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 4:35am | IP Logged

An idea just hit me [although on a completely different tangent to these started paragraphs]....time permitting I'll hopefully be able to enter.Embarrassed

gujunpyo

gujunpyo

IF-Sizzlerz

gujunpyo

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 4:44am | IP Logged
i'll try...!!!..

-Disha-

x.sonia.x

IF-Sizzlerz

x.sonia.x