Debate Mansion

How should refugees/migrants be treated? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Thats the film the new film is based on. I saw the one that hit theaters this year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_9

I was also one of the people dragged to watch the movie. I wanted to watch Basterds instead of this - but this was amazing too. So was Basterds.

The film is about an alien race that lands in Johannesburg. Initially they are treated as refugees, but then are the segregated slum of society - the slum named District 9. The South African government decides to evict them far from the city where there is no human civilization. You ethically question the human action against the aliens.Its a fascinating film.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How should refugees/migrants be treated? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 24 September 2009 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Thats the film the new film is based on. I saw the one that hit theaters this year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_9

I was also one of the people dragged to watch the movie. I wanted to watch Basterds instead of this - but this was amazing too. So was Basterds.

The film is about an alien race that lands in Johannesburg. Initially they are treated as refugees, but then are the segregated slum of society - the slum named District 9. The South African government decides to evict them far from the city where there is no human civilization. You ethically question the human action against the aliens.Its a fascinating film.

thanks nice one.

Shambo

Groupbie

Shambo

Posted: 26 September 2009 at 3:04am | IP Logged
Shoot 20 refugees and the remaining 20 million will stay away  . Big smile

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 26 September 2009 at 9:02am | IP Logged
Just how long do these ppl get to keep the refugee status?

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 28 September 2009 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

Just how long do these ppl get to keep the refugee status?
Once a war or calamity is over the refugees are sent back normally.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.