Trashing of threads

Bazinga thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
This is a long standing issue actually-

Some threads are trashed by Mods without any explanation- its self explanatory as to why some threads NEED to be trashed but for some others, I think the reason should be justified. A case in point being the "Lets applaud the creatives for being so fair-15 64 " on MJHT Forum, that thread ACTUALLY had members discussing HOW the creatives were BIASED towards one lead couple of the show n how the fans of other couple were taking to the bias- members, after being warned for digressing , stuck to the topic of voicing their feelings about the creatives' bias and YET The thread was trashed today. The thread actually had BRILLIANT posts outlining the BIAS clearly and more than 100 members were in complete agreement with what the topic starter posted - I STILL fail to understand WHY it was trashed suddenly today, I am sorry but I demand that the thread to be re-opened because it made SENSE n it was a HIGHLY RELEVANT & REQUIRED  thread!

Edited by Kavya_KraZQueen - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spiritcrimson thumbnail
Kavya, The thread got trashed? That is stupid.
We ALL were sticking to topic, and I'm sure every action REQUIRES a valid reason. I fail to see the underlying reason beneath this ACT. IF is supposed to be a place where people have a freedom to COMPLAIN of anything and everything, and yet we are being denied that privelege? I ask WHY! If our freedom cannot be respected, then I suggest the tag of FREEDOM OF SPEECH to be REMOVED. We as ardent fans of a couple were discussing the bias the Creatives showed towards the other couple, but in a different way, so that we didn't hurt anyone. I still do not understand why this action has been taken. I second Kavya on this.I demand the thread to be re-opened. And if still doesn't re-open, I'll understand how much respect the mods show towards our opinions and freedom.
incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Thanks for opening this topic Kavz.

This is the reason I rarely post in that forum. It really feels like a waste of our time when topics we post in get closed.

I believe that according to them the mods might have a good reason to close or trash that topic but won't it have been good to tell US the reason? And when we ask questions, we are termed rebels. You can not expect us not to ask/react when a topic get closed without specifying the reason? I think it's time for us to stop ignoring the apparent tyranny of the mods.

That topic might just deserved to be closed but can anyone here give us a SATISFACTORY reason for it to be closed??..correction...i would like to know why it was not just closed BUT trashed from the forum as well?? I don't remember reading any bashing or use of abusive language in that topic.
Bazinga thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Mash, Rachna: Preeti was not the one who trashed the thread and Gagan would be usually asleep at that time because she is from USA, that leaves us with only a few Mods - I have no idea which one of them trashed it, we STUCK to the topic clearly , in fact I just posted applauding the creatives, minutes before the thread got closed n I did not see anyone go off the topic, I have NO IDEA why that thread was closed. I think I will stop visiting MJHT Forum if that thread is not revived- Manali's thread CLEARLY outlines just HOW MANY people feel the bias and actually AGREE with it, all MN fans n a few other SG fans added excellent points about the bias in that thread,it was our only solace because the "creatives" of that show had NEVER listened to us & now even that is trashed, may be even MJHT Forum is biased when it comes to MN fans. I am sorry but I don't think I will ever visit that forum if Manali's thread is not re-opened, I cannot take such injustice. 
AreYaar thumbnail
Thanks for this post, Kavz.....I'm seriously confounded as to why that topic was TRASHED...without ANY sort of explanation given! Everyone was staying on topic in that thread and no bashing was going on either....and yet the thread has been trashed.....pretty pathetic in my opinion.
Bronze. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Even i could not open this thread.

It said access denied.. what does this " trashing of thread" mean and why was it done? does this mean the entire thread is like lost and cant be retrieved?

Since we had so much effort in that thread, we are entitled for an explanation.
AreYaar thumbnail
@Bronze: Yes this means the entire thread is lost and can't be retrieved...obviously the mods don't give a damn about how much ppl invested into that post...the fact that over a 100 ppl liked that post means nothing to them....and they conveniently don't consider us worthy of explanations....There was absolutely NO bashing going on in that thread....this is ridiculous.
psycho_angel thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
im completely flummoxed since that thread was opened with explicit  permission from the mods
Bronze. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@ Nureat  thanks for the reply.

Its lost for ever?
this is really crazy, efforts, ideas views and opinions of over a 100 ppl doesn't mean anything, doesn't  matter at all? they just trashed it? for no apparent reason.
i know, it didnt ve any bashing.

the creaziest part is we dont even know who did this and why... The least we can expect is an explanation, a reasoning.. is that too much to ask?

Edited by Bronze. - 14 years ago
spiritcrimson thumbnail
This only proves one thing. Just like how we don't matter to CVs, we don't matter to IF also. That's why the never respect our freedom and opinions.