Harry Potter

DOTF: If James had lived, but Lily died...

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 21 September 2009 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Harry's blood protection came from Lily's sacrifice, right? And that's the reason he had to stay with the Dursleys though there were others who would have sincerely loved taking him in. So what if Lily had died, but James had lived? Would Harry still have to live with the Dursleys instead of with his dad, since James isn't blood related to Lily?

What's your input on this?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cityoflights

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTF: If James had lived, but Lily died..." in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

IPKKND 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 21 September 2009 at 4:23pm | IP Logged

Hmm...I think Harry would have lived with James. Even if Dumbledore objected, James wouldn't have let Harry live with the Dursleys as long as he was alive. He would protect him all he could :)

Edited by MusicalAiswarya - 22 September 2009 at 4:09pm

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 1:05am | IP Logged
That's pretty deep..... wow.... let me see....

He probably would have lived with James because I think he would have been sufficient enough to protect him.... if anything happened to James in the future, then Harry could go and live with James's relatives... it would work the same because James would also have given his life trying to protect Harry.... so as long as James was safe, then Harry would probably have stayed with him... :P

..RamKiJanaki..

joequinn

joequinn

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 3:41am | IP Logged
if that happens,i guess JK Rowling will write 7 books again.

..RamKiJanaki..

-Precious

IF-Dazzler

-Precious

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 5:30am | IP Logged
Hmmm...the story can be constructed both ways.....since his father was still alive he could protect harry well enough that harry didn't have to go to the dursleys or dumbledore may still have sent harry to dursleys to protect him in a way his father couldn't?!

The thing is the current story says(correct me if i'm wrong) that harry was sent to the dursleys and not any other willing magical family so that the only protection he had left would be strengthened

BUT if his father would have been alive his mother's sacrifice would not have been the  ONLY  protection he had! so no he wouldn' have been sent to the dursley family
instead dumbledore and james would have found a way to protect harry like they were doing before the attack when they knew voldemort would be attcking them

missindia26

IF-Rockerz

missindia26

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 9:23am | IP Logged
I think he would have stayed with James because he would have been able to protect him

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

That's pretty deep..... wow.... let me see....

He probably would have lived with James because I think he would have been sufficient enough to protect him.... if anything happened to James in the future, then Harry could go and live with James's relatives... it would work the same because James would also have given his life trying to protect Harry.... so as long as James was safe, then Harry would probably have stayed with him... :P

Yeah, that seems pretty practical. It would be stupid for Harry to live with the Dursleys if his father had lived, so even if Dumbledore had objected, I don't think James would have agreed to send his only son to the Dursleys, esp since Lily died.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 22 September 2009 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by joequinn

if that happens,i guess JK Rowling will write 7 books again.

Lol! That'd def be an enjoyment to read!LOL

The Harry Potter series had James Potter lived!Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top