srklicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Shahrukh Khan lit up a village

Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan has done a noble job of lighting up a village in Orissa by becoming a part of NDTV Toyota Greenathon. Ahirajpur is a remote village in Orissa devoid of light.

Shahrukh's contribution to the Greenathon made possible for TERI to start a solar energy harnessing project under its title initiative 'Light A Billion Lives'. SRK said, "First of all thank you to Greenathon for giving us the opportunity to be able to do stuff that you always want to do but don't know how to do it. In our everyday life we are busy with material pursuits and we sort of forget sometimes, there is another world, there is another space, there are lot of people around you who need you to walk alongside them."

SRK further said, "I am embarrassed that I could not do anything better, but of course, whenever any organisation, any one who thinks a good cause can be done, I can be relied upon to call and I would try and do my best in whatever way Greenathon is trying to take this forward."

"And inshallah all the villages of our country will be lit very soon so all the children in those villages can study in proper light. All those children become very very successful so this country becomes successful and we become even prouder than we are of India right now," King Khan concluded.

Among others, Shilpa Shetty has adopted four villages while Sanjay Dutt two.

http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/...-village/4684/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ophelia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
"SRK further said, "I am embarrassed that I could not do anything better, but of course, whenever any organisation, any one who thinks a good cause can be done, I can be relied upon to call and I would try and do my best in whatever way Greenathon is trying to take this forward."

(:    No need to be embarrassed SRK...you're awesome for lighting up 
      our lives.

Edited by Ophelia - 14 years ago
i hope all the stars r this way only.
srklicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
i know guys am soo proude of srk and proude to be his fan way to go srk
swan20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
good job SRK....👍🏼.......what he said is true......sometimes we are so busy in our lives that we forget that there are some who are not as privileged as we are & we can do something to make their lives better....
Sujal_Fan_No1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: love srk

i know guys am soo proude of srk and proude to be his fan way to go srk

same here😊
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awwwwwwwwwwwn. That is so awesome.
He is such a great person...
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Go SRK....!

Hez the best.....M proud to be his fan !!

I think all the actors should take up such work and spend some money for the very society who makes their films a hit....helping them earn their crores...!

A few crores spent on charity wont make them any less rich, since they charge such ostentatious amounts for each film !!
Aw thats so sweet what he said and good thing..