Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Maniben.com Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 15 September 2009 at 6:49am | IP Logged
Hi!

I think the hall of fame is not a very good indicator of who works harder. Many friends like their friends posts and so it is just a measure of popularity to an extent!

Personally, in active forums like Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, they get about 100 likes per written update, but in less active forums, like Sahara One forums, to get 100 likes it can take a month or longer! Of course people in more active sections have to work harder, but it isn't fair on those working hard in less active sections, who don't get Likes but work hard!

I don't have any suggestions to make things more equal, I just want this to be read by admins or general moderators so they might do something about it! It also takes really long to get Dev teams in the less active sections, which isn't fair....

Please do something about this?

Thank you.

Edited by sattvik - 16 September 2009 at 4:13am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishan.aritzia-Adhoore-anon.spiritcrimson-Rinky--aditi-Calvin_Klein268143

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Hall of Fame suggestion!" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angelic_J

IF-Veteran Member

Angelic_J

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 16 September 2009 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Hall of fame never really was about hard work. It was always more of a popularity tool so I guess there is not much that can be done regarding it except that you can try to derive more people to join the less active forums. And as far as the dev team promotions are concerned, we now have a brand new admin who has closely looked at the matter so hopefully we will now have more active promotions and with less time in between because IF grows every single day :)

sattvik

IF-Dazzler

sattvik

Maniben.com Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 17 September 2009 at 4:52am | IP Logged
I hope things will get faster then, but I guess I understand about it being for popularity!

saher_90

Viewbie

saher_90

Posted: 18 September 2009 at 3:13am | IP Logged
i totally agree with u satvik:)

-Rinky-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rinky-

Posted: 20 September 2009 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Hall of fame is a lot about popularity.....

Not only do people who are in less active forums get less likes but it also applies to people who speak honestly and truthfully,well... they directly get reported..

So its not much about hard work any way... just a way to appease the ego of attention seeking people...

Thanx
Rinky

Edited by -Rinky- - 21 September 2009 at 1:58am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aritzia

Post Reply New Post

Go to top