Rumours have ruined my career! - Rani - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
Thanks its a nice article it seems shes thought things through alot and its worked so far lets hope DBH does well for her...some rumours are abit silly yet why do people belive them.
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Originally posted by: pksanam

rumours are not the ones that have 'ruined' her career... it's more to do with her choice of movies...  

considering Kajol and Ash are married and still doing great work, i find it hard to believe that her marriage 'rumours' would effect her being not offered any movies...

i do wish she would sign outside the YRF banner because exclusive movies with YRF are not going to change anything for her... i wish her luck...

Well said! When I first read it I thought to myslef, "it's not the rumor, but your films rani!" She needs to choose the right films, she choose the wrong ones and that ruined her career!
Larae thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
yawn whatever rani its not the rumours that ruined your career but the idiotic movies you did plus youre a celeb of course there are going to be rumours learn to live with it just like any other celebrity
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Although I'm not too much into E-News, but from what I know, rumours about Rani getting married to all kinds of men ranging from directors to actors have been circulating in the media since a long time. Yes, her choice of films has been quite lousy lately, but to say that the rumours have not acted as a catalyst in dampening her career would be wrong too.

Actresses like Kajol and Ash are doing fine, but the main question is - Are they starring in bollywood films as frequently as they used to ? No, they're not. Marriage acted as a major breaking point in their professional lives. They cannot be considered to have a current standing in the market.

Alot of the masses ( I'm talking about men here since we're talking about an actress - Rani ) can connect with the heroine and fantasize about her as long as they have the conviction at the back of their mind that she's available. Even though they will never be able to meet her, there is an unbarring connection with the actor. Once married, that connection breaks. There is no point even fanatasizing about that actress because she's taken.

This is one of the main reasons why most of the actresses stopped coming in films after marriage. There is an instant perception that she is now out of bounds, and hence the filmmakers slowly cease to approach her either.

From that standpoint, I can see where Rani is coming from. Inspite of being one of the most experienced and old actresses of Bollywood, she is still in the market amidst the herd of the new actresses that seem to have come flooding in.
Edited by -Neetz- - 14 years ago
Neetz

There were also rumours of Kareena and Saif having a secret Nikah, and then generally a lot of speculation about them getting married. That hasn't affected Kareena.

Kajol made more of a personal decision to step away from films, but every time she comes out with a new one Fanaa or U Me aur Hum she immediately gets attention. MNIK is a film with a lot of hype because it is SRK and Kajol together.

Aishwarya had Jodha Akbar come after her marriage. She also has films with Mani Ratnam and SLB coming up. I don't really see a lot of change in the frequency or quality of her films compared to before she got married.

I think the whole married women not finding audience today is not as big as it was earlier. But most importantly these were just rumours. If married women like Kajol and Aishwarya get better offers, I don't know how Rani would suffer just because of rumours.
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Originally posted by: bluemoon86

Neetz

There were also rumours of Kareena and Saif having a secret Nikah, and then generally a lot of speculation about them getting married. That hasn't affected Kareena.

Kajol made more of a personal decision to step away from films, but every time she comes out with a new one Fanaa or U Me aur Hum she immediately gets attention. MNIK is a film with a lot of hype because it is SRK and Kajol together.

Aishwarya had Jodha Akbar come after her marriage. She also has films with Mani Ratnam and SLB coming up. I don't really see a lot of change in the frequency or quality of her films compared to before she got married.

I think the whole married women not finding audience today is not as big as it was earlier. But most importantly these were just rumours. If married women like Kajol and Aishwarya get better offers, I don't know how Rani would suffer just because of rumours.

It maybe my lack of knowledge about bollywood, but I haven't heard about that. Anywho, it implies that the rumour had not spread on a large scale. Rumours about Rani getting married to various men have been churning within the media since a long time. There was a point when most people were close to the conviction that she was indeed, married.

Kajol made her come back in Fanaa, but do the masses remember her character like a 'Simran' from DDLJ ? or a 'Anjali' from KKHH ? or another 'Anjali' in K3G ? All they remember is Aamir Khan's song, Aamir Khan's shaayari, Aamir Khan's acting etc etc. Even if I do accept the fact that Fanaa marked the comeback of Kajol in the Industry, why did her second film 'U Me aur Hum' come out after 2 years after she made her alleged 'comeback' ?

And not to sound exaggerated, but Kajol did not garner even 0.1 % of the fame she deserved for U, Me aur Hum. The film bombed at the box office inspite of being a decent attempt at relationships. Kajol was brilliant in the film, I would go as far as saying that she could have even won the Best Actress award. Leave alone awards, she wasn't even nominated in perhaps more than one award function.

Ash may make a comeback in films, but it is quite understood that her marriage has proven to be a major breaking point in her career. She seems to have vanished after JA. Plus, I doubt whether she will don the 'badgirl' avatar the way she did in 'Dhoom 2' ever again because of all the hype that the Bacchans had created about her kiss with Hrithik, and now she's their 'bahu' too. Ash does a sexy 'Krazy kiya re' dance before marriage = Hot and sexy, Ash does the same dance after marriage = Characterless woman who is aloof from Indian values

The point I'm trying to make is that marriage has a major hand in eliminating the choices and number of films an ideal 'married' actress can do. Amitabh can be 'Sexy Sam' even at this age but Jaya can never carry 'sexy' as the suffix in her films. Madhuri Dixit came back with Aaja Nachle, my personal opinion stands that the film was decent, and Madhuri did rock it. But it flopped. Why ? Because an actress was the hero. Moreover, a married actress.

The reservations about married actresses are still there, except that they're more subtle and do not float on the visible surface. Therefore, I can see why these rumours concern Rani. Public believes what they see, if rumours about Rani getting married have infused in the masses aswell, it will be matter of concern to her because it might lead to her losing public support.
plasticpolaroid thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
after Jodha akbar, Ash has had Sarkar Raj and the Pink Panther released

she is still getting offers from the best producers/production houses like farhan akhtar, vishal bhardwaj, mani ratnam, SLB and that dude who directed namaste london's new flick with Akshay Kumar

despite all the mindless rumors about her quitting movies, having a dozen babies, Bachchan clan keeping her on a leash etc made no difference to her demand as an actress and/or her career..

heck she has had way more nastier articles written about her but you don't see her slowing down..and which comeback? she was never gone? she was busy shooting for movies..

Rani is just using lame excuses to justify her horrible choice in movies ... and her misconceptions that playing it safe by doing Yashraj movies no matter how bad they are = box office hits = career success.. she needs to take responsibilities of her actions and maybe focus on getting new good projects rather than be a whiner and she needs to stop trying to emulate starlets and wear outfits that aren't flattering on her because that just reeks of desperation
Edited by plasticpolaroid - 14 years ago
btw here's the world's smallest violin playing the saddest song to Rani

btw is calling Rani a "whiner" considered bashing, you never know with Rani/Katrina/Salman fangirls *shrug*
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Originally posted by: plasticpolaroid

after Jodha akbar, Ash has had Sarkar Raj and the Pink Panther released

she is still getting offers from the best producers/production houses like farhan akhtar, vishal bhardwaj, mani ratnam, SLB and that dude who directed namaste london's new flick with Akshay Kumar

despite all the mindless rumors about her quitting movies, having a dozen babies, Bachchan clan keeping her on a leash etc made no difference to her demand as an actress and/or her career..

heck she has had way more nastier articles written about her but you don't see her slowing down..and which comeback? she was never gone? she was busy shooting for movies..

Rani is just using lame excuses to justify her horrible choice in movies ... and her misconceptions that playing it safe by doing Yashraj movies no matter how bad they are = box office hits = career success..

Oh yeah, Sarkar Raj. Wasn't it the movie in which all the Bacchans starred together ? I'm sure Ash doesn't sound like a bad 'Buy 2 get one 1 free' offer. Because as far as I'm concerned, She wouldn't have come in Sarkar Raj had she not been supported by her husband and father-in-law from both the sides.

She did Pink Panther because she had signed it long time back. The film had come into news long before Abhi-Ash wedding, and I remember reading an article that said Ash had consented to do the film. Besides, she had got absolutely nothing to do in the film except of speaking a few english dialogues in her fake accent.

Sounds like Rani confirmed the news that all Yashraj films = Instant success, because otherwise, I don't understand where the 'misconception' theory stems from. If I've read the interview correctly, she is quite open to offers from other banners aswell.

My question is - Will Ash do another 'Dhoom 2' which had her barely wearing anything throughout the film ? I highly doubt that. Ofcourse unless she has the entire Bacchan parivaar signing up for the same film.