Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Diagnosing Armaan

Poll Question: Which has Armaan in greater agony?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
18 [81.82%]
4 [18.18%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 27 January 2005 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
Can love (and hence jealousy) be divided into two distinct aspects - the emotional and the physical?

For example, Armaan followed Nandu and Jassi home from the restaurant, while gritting his teeth that Nandu may be taking her 'somewhere else' after dinner.. and was verrry relieved when Nandu dropped off Jassi at home. And he can't STAND it when Nandu touches Jassi in anyway.. a shattered wine glass lays testimony to that... hence the physical part.

Armaan was stupefied to hear Jassi getting possessive about Nandu and castigating him for his date with someone else.. reacting like Nandu's jealous lover... and he can't STAND that Jassi would want to pamper Nandu with gifts.. he can't STAND them spending so much time together after work... hence the emotional part.

Armaan is feeling both - but which do you think is causing him MORE heartache???? Is it possible to tell??

Smile

*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 27 January 2005 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
wow--very thought-provoking question you've asked, queenbee ClapClap  I think it's a little bit of both---Armaan has always been jealous of the emotional intimacy b/n Jassi and Nandu, but I think the new physical intimacy is the final straw for him.  So for him, the emotional intimacy bothered him, but combined with the physical intimacy, he's just not able to deal with it.
spike Senior Member
spike
spike

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 12:00am | IP Logged
good thoughts...i think Armaan's bothered with Jojo n Nandu's emotional and physical intimacy now that they've started showing it....he was initially bothered with their emotional intimacy since he cud not break their friendship for his and Gulmohur's benefit.
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 12:40am | IP Logged

Basically men  always react more violently towards physical aspects......and when the physical part is a manifestation of an emotional bond,it can make them wild enough to kill.

I think right at this point the physical aspect is killing him.He just can't tolerate even the thought of Nandu sitting near Jassi(the fashion show where poor Nandu almost got his delicate bones of his fingers crushedLOL just for sitting beside Jassi) .Armaan had always been privy to the closeness that Nandu and Jassi shared and although that was the main reason for the game that Raj and Armaan started,he had become a little complacent about Nandu and Jassi.But the sudden newfound intimacy between Nandu & Jassi has blown the lid off a vortex of emotion in Armaan which even he seems unable to handle.And the physical demonstration is what that has set it off.

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 1:41am | IP Logged
I agree that most men cannot handle the mere thought of their lover feeling an attraction towards another male (I think Darwin would have some interesting insights to offer on that oneTongue)  .. leave alone (what they imagine is) an electrifying touch or a sizzling glance Wink

Armaan, though, makes me wonder. Jassi has no doubt aroused his baser instincts and he is engulfed and doobofying in his thwarted passion ... but think about the real Armaan.. the one who has never received 'no' for an answer.. the one every female since time immemorial (or at least since he was born Wink) has been vying for his attention. THIS Armaan, Jassi rejects!!! THIS Armaan, Jassi would rather stand up (breaking every commitment) and go for dinner with Nandu!!! THIS Armaan, Jassi would treat casually and Nandu she would die defending!!! It's more than his ego which is becoming a punching bag .. it's his heart PinchOuch!! Jassi has always been his solid pillar of support, his staunchest and most loyal defender, the one in whose eyes he could do no wrong.. and suddenly, she is showering all that on NANDU!?! Ouch!! Jassi dosn't want to spend time with him anymore... she dosn't take him seriously, his fiery words roll off her back... he can't get though to her anymore. She dosn't emotionally 'connect' with him anymore, she dosn't feel the love he is feeling (so he thinks!), she turns her face away when he tries to look her straight in the eye... but NANDU is getting all of that and more... isnt that enough to BLOW HIM AWAY... phewwwwwwww. He was tolerating Nandu in Jassi's life before, becos he thought Jassi's LOVE is reserved for HIM, and she would never betray him. Suddenly he feels out in the cold, at the sidelines... watching Nandu walk away with all her affection.. all her love.. and that emotional connection which merely rankled earlier, has opened up a flood of violent jealousy. For what is jealousy if not another word for insecurity.... an excruciating pain that makes you want to possess what you think rightly belongs to YOU? It's like banging madly on the windows of someone's heart while you watch someone else just sauntering in thru the door...

Just making a case for him being more devastated by the emotional intimacy between the two of 'em... I am actually pretty confused myself WinkLOL

Edited by queenbee - 28 January 2005 at 2:22am
Rumi Goldie
Rumi
Rumi

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 5:22am | IP Logged
 queenbee!u r absolutely right and what anjali, spike and minnie are saying, that is also true. u know, men always get very much involved in physical aspects,it is their psycho-phsiological nature. what u are thinking is very much true, but here the physical intimacy of jassi and nandu is acting as a catalyst, armaan is just dying at this point!!!! emotional intimacy was making him very very sad and arousing his hidden love from this tremendous pain, and now this physical intimacy is just killing him and making him totally crazy and his behaviour is now completely out of his control and he is being violent. in such a case, in real life we often see men killing themselves or killing their beloved.
queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 6:18am | IP Logged
Heehee... Rumi I know.. but rabblerousing is more fun than groupthink, thats all LOL

I think the immediacy (did i spell that right??) and urgency of Armaan's desire to punch Nandu Ouchand shove him outta the way is purely becos of the physical possessiveness... but in the larger perspective, he is undoubtedly scared to death of losing Jassi... it's making him irrational and obsessive.

I think a person like Armaan has not (till now at least) considered emotional betrayal equally bad or even worse than the physical... he may have discontinued his err.. relations with Mallika but thought nothing of discussing her personal life with Raj. Hence his outrage at Jassi and Nandu's closeness.... dosn't one apply the same yardstick to the world as one uses on oneself Smile

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 9:28am | IP Logged

Very eloquently put Queenbee.Very well supported rumi.

Yes,the emotional quotient is very strong and he is definitely feeling threatened by the attention Jassi is showering on Nandu.His ego is taking a big beating when he is being slighted for someone else.

But what is making him mad is not only the thought that that she is choosing someone else over his mighty self (here his ego is getting a beating) but also the fact that 'that' someone is also getting the access to physical intimacy...........a thought which is driving him insane and here his heart is getting the beating.When he sees them hug,he goes green.When he sees them touch,he goes purple.when he sees them caress each other,he goes red and breaks a glass as if it's the other guy's neck he is breaking.

He is livid because Jasmeet Walia and Nandu are pecking each other.That's how they make up their differences????The thought is driving him crazy with jealousy.He is insane at the thought that they are driving off to 'somewhere' where they can hug some more(so he thinks) but heaves a sigh of relief when they reach the house...........only to get total crazy at their peckingLOL and bang!!!! blows up!!

As Rumi said,men can't tolerate the thought of the woman they like even thinking of someone else....that's ego........but if the woman gets physically intimate....it's a sure sign to them that the woman definitely has an emotional bonding and that sets off the rage factor......because now it's the heart which is definitely in the scene...........

Also by rule,men dislike it when a woman,any woman,likes someone else over them,but to react to physical intimacy of a woman with someone else,their heart has to be involved.

Any woman who is invoved to any degree in a love relation with any man knows that to look at someone with adoration is going to get you a dirty glance,talking too friendly,a war of jealous words .Now try holding hands with that someone,I can bet my life the chin of 'that someone' won't be intact and you'll be lucky if you escape aliveLOL

Go to top