Daisy
Daisy

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Yes Minnie...we are very very thankful it's right on track. Smile

queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
I must let out a secret though.Having no idea of Betty,I had no way to know what the directors had in mind and sometimes it was so easy to like Purab,but I really wanted to see Armaan helplessly in love with Jassi and though their chemistry,at any given point of time was awesome........

Minnie, tell me about it!!!! Of course Purab is likeable, lovable, sweet, dreamy, all that and more. But I just cudn't picture Jassi being happy with Purab. She was compromising and that's all there was to it. Armaan's passionate scenes have us hanging on the edge of a precipice.. while Purab's scenes with Jassi were like travelling on smooth, meandering roads going nowhere (!)

Rumi.. it may not be the directors' fault at all, and we'll probably never know why they stretched Purab's role till the horrific end (the channel reigns supreme)... but his coming back will give a sense of closure to Jassi and all us viewers.. and I'm glad for that  Smile
Deli Senior Member
Deli
Deli

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Oh definitely, this has been the best week of eoisodes for the show thus far. I really enjoyed them and hope the ones in the future are just as great. ^_^
ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rumi

IT'S GOOD, THAT PEOPLE WHO WERE CONSTANTLY FIGHTING TO PROVE THAT ARMAAN DOES NOT LOVE JASSI AND THIS STORY IS BORING ETC. ETC., ARE NOW REALISING THAT ARMAAN INDEED LOVES JASSI AND THEY ARE FINDING THE STORY NOT SO BORING! AT LEAST I HOPE SO! ACTUALLY WE , I MEAN, ME, DAISY, MINNIE ETC. WERE TRYING TO SAY THIS FOR A LONG TIME, AS WE READ THE ORIGINAL STORY WE KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN. NOW IF PEOPLE UNDERSTAND IT , WE WILL BE VERY HAPPY. BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!!!!!!

ok I have to say this or I will be disqualified from the purab campWink.....

the origonal story was/is beautiful......I agree.....I've read my share of harlequins and believe me reforming the rake is always an excellent theme......now, had the story continued in that direction, it would have been fine....but what happened instead was that Armaan (who was a very humanly grey character)was turned into a cheat and liar (tarred with black).......he was made to look ridiculous(definately not hero material),and the worst part was that his actions were not given any justification....hence when the golden boy (purab) entered the story, it was easy to transfer all the expectations to him and he did fulfill them too......

now what most of us had problems with was T&D not sticking to the detour after having ventured that way.....with the amount of exposure purab was given (so much more than Micheal in the origonal), the audience were led to believe that the story was diverting from the BLF script.....when it didnt, the outrage was because T&D were making a mess of an otherwise beautiful story because they couldnt make up their minds.....

then there was weeks worth of episodes of Jassi crying a river, irrelevant guest appearances and the story basically going nowhere except the pastConfused......however in the last week, the story has started off at a steady pace(guess the brains are finally back from their vacationWink), the acting has been good, each episode has a good mixture of humorous elements, Jassi is showing positive attitude change (she is not having  pendulum moments like she did a few weeks back).....

I think both the story of a reformed rake and friends falling in love with each other had excellent potential.....its only when the creatores tried to do both that the mess started......and no, saying this does not mean that we have seen the "error of our ways", it merely means that the show finally has all the essential components that it should hae had throughout the course of its airing.....
*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ides

Originally posted by Rumi

IT'S GOOD, THAT PEOPLE WHO WERE CONSTANTLY FIGHTING TO PROVE THAT ARMAAN DOES NOT LOVE JASSI AND THIS STORY IS BORING ETC. ETC., ARE NOW REALISING THAT ARMAAN INDEED LOVES JASSI AND THEY ARE FINDING THE STORY NOT SO BORING! AT LEAST I HOPE SO! ACTUALLY WE , I MEAN, ME, DAISY, MINNIE ETC. WERE TRYING TO SAY THIS FOR A LONG TIME, AS WE READ THE ORIGINAL STORY WE KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN. NOW IF PEOPLE UNDERSTAND IT , WE WILL BE VERY HAPPY. BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!!!!!!

ok I have to say this or I will be disqualified from the purab campWink.....

the origonal story was/is beautiful......I agree.....I've read my share of harlequins and believe me reforming the rake is always an excellent theme......now, had the story continued in that direction, it would have been fine....but what happened instead was that Armaan (who was a very humanly grey character)was turned into a cheat and liar (tarred with black).......he was made to look ridiculous(definately not hero material),and the worst part was that his actions were not given any justification....hence when the golden boy (purab) entered the story, it was easy to transfer all the expectations to him and he did fulfill them too......

now what most of us had problems with was T&D not sticking to the detour after having ventured that way.....with the amount of exposure purab was given (so much more than Micheal in the origonal), the audience were led to believe that the story was diverting from the BLF script.....when it didnt, the outrage was because T&D were making a mess of an otherwise beautiful story because they couldnt make up their minds.....

then there was weeks worth of episodes of Jassi crying a river, irrelevant guest appearances and the story basically going nowhere except the pastConfused......however in the last week, the story has started off at a steady pace(guess the brains are finally back from their vacationWink), the acting has been good, each episode has a good mixture of humorous elements, Jassi is showing positive attitude change (she is not having  pendulum moments like she did a few weeks back).....

I think both the story of a reformed rake and friends falling in love with each other had excellent potential.....its only when the creatores tried to do both that the mess started......and no, saying this does not mean that we have seen the "error of our ways", it merely means that the show finally has all the essential components that it should hae had throughout the course of its airing.....

ABSOLUTELY IDES!!!!!!!! Clap  Very well said!!!!!!!  I don't think it's a matter of seeing it the "right way" or seeing the "error of our ways" (as you put so eloquently).  I still am a Purab fan and always will be.  The way the story was going and the nature of Purab's character just does not match up to the exit he was given, so no matter how bad of a picture T & D try to paint, I give him NO BLAME.  To me, the blame does rest on the directors for being sooooooooo confused and creating a story within a story which obviously had no scope.  Armaan is going to end up with Jassi and I am 100% fine and happy about it.  But this doesn't mean I see the error in my ways.  Purab was a great friend to Jassi and taught her a lot about herself and I respect him as a character for doing that.  I both love the character of Purab AND I like the Armaan-Jassi jodi (they do have nice chemistry together), so for me it's a win-win situation. 

I have been thinking about this and I actually hope Purab does come back and his character is given some justice.  The picture painted of him thru that exit was unjust and totally out of character.  I think by bringing him back, they can still stick to BLF and resolve his character hopefully so that everyone is happy Smile

Go to top