Debate Mansion

Should america forget the 9/11??? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 19

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kickass1

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Haha maybe we live quite close then?WinkTongue

P.S: I do NOT live in Bradford. =|
God my life would be hell there! lol

The thing is, theey will never directly say it to my face that they dislike my religion or my culture or the place where I come from. But they will often ask the most DAFT questions ever that are indirectly trying to tell me that they are apparently better than us in every way possible. Err yeah sure.
yet is is these same people who male who make it like the worst decision ever to step out of your house on pakistan independence day. Gone are the days where people sued to celebrate in a fashionable yet patriotic manner. There are total idiots and hooligans out there who dress up to impress girls and vice versa and probably haven't even visited their country in the past 8-10 years. Morons.

I still don't get the point of this debate though. Is the OP asking the hundreds of millions of americans to forgive and forget the hundreds of lives lost of fellow americans in the total massacre that although happened 8 years ago, no-one has forgotten about? and sorry what is the justification of the OP? It doesn't really make any sense to me. Being a British national I cannot ignore what happened and put it to the side, maybe the OP can.Ouch

Yeah maybe, who knows we might have even met each other LOL

Aaahhh Bradford, never been there but heard a lot of stories about it. lol

The funny thing is even the Indian muslim dont trust the Pakistani muslim, they hardly buy anything from a paki shop. Plus when someone calls a pakistani a paki they actually think its a cus, lmao what else do they want to be called? Poor soul aren't even proud of being a paki LOL Like you said they are just bunch of hooligans :)

Yes me too don't understand the point of this debate because clearly no one is willing to forget 9/11 and those who are suggesting to forget about it, probably never exprienced losing a close one or don't have any humanity, to say the least. :S

Mahi Khan, I don't live in London area. I live more west than you, i guess :)

Indeed! The Indian Muslim population are very patriotic and hate being labelled pakistani! lol most of the indian muslim population at my college are bharouchi/surati etc so they don't need to go to a pakistani corner shop, hell they probably own one!LOL(no offence to all you gujjis out there! hehe)
really? that's strange cos the pakistani's where I live call themselves paki but when someone else uses the term (as a general reference and NOT in a mean way), they feel offended? Slightly weird but mehh i'm used to it lol.

Ahh I have enough stories to share but this is probably not the right place eh? =P

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should america forget the 9/11??? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
By the way Mahi, since when is Camden 'majority muslim populated? :S Last time I checked, it was a very white majority populated area.

kickass1

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kickass1

Indeed! The Indian Muslim population are very patriotic and hate being labelled pakistani! lol most of the indian muslim population at my college are bharouchi/surati etc so they don't need to go to a pakistani corner shop, hell they probably own one!LOL(no offence to all you gujjis out there! hehe)
really? that's strange cos the pakistani's where I live call themselves paki but when someone else uses the term (as a general reference and NOT in a mean way), they feel offended? Slightly weird but mehh i'm used to it lol.

Ahh I have enough stories to share but this is probably not the right place eh? =P

AHAH... first of all i am gujju :D Yeah same here most of the indian muslim where i live are Surti/bharuchi too. Do we actually live in the same place? LOL

That is what i meant, they call themselves paki but when others say they think its a cus. lol If anyone calls me a paki i just say "but i am Indian"and they shut up or i just get into fights.

AHA true some stories are too hurtful to accept for others :)

LOL you're right, maybe we do?ShockedScary.Tongue
OMG yess gosh I hate people asking me if I'm pakistani! :@ cos then they have to listen to my lecture and they probably never ever forget that i'm Indian..hehe
I finally met someone british on DM! Everyone else seems to be American! lol

By the way for all those who don't know me here, you can call me Dia. :)

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
^^^ You both mentioned earlier how terrible it is one someone looks down upon you or feels that they are in someway superior to you, and now what are you doing? Bashing a whole nationality because you think you're too good for them? I must say, exceptional hypocrisy skills.

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

^^^ You both mentioned earlier how terrible it is one someone looks down upon you or feels that they are in someway superior to you, and now what are you doing? Bashing a whole nationality because you think you're too good for them? I must say, exceptional hypocrisy skills.

I do not look down on them nor do I think I am better than them. I just absolutely hate being called something I am not! People constantly make generalisations without knowing what they are talking about. It's not called bashing a whole nationality, it's called wanting to be identified for who you are!
I'm a British Indian and PROUD so I'll make sure people don't make unnecessary assumptions in a convo with me.

I don't think you understand what either of us are trying to say. The ends that I live in is veryy ghettoo! The kinda people who would put you down without even thinking about it. Forgive me for trying to distant myself from that crew.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devil

kickass1

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 4:03pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I do not look down on them nor do I think I am better than them. I just absolutely hate being called something I am not! People constantly make generalisations without knowing what they are talking about. It's not called bashing a whole nationality, it's called wanting to be identified for who you are!
I'm a British Indian and PROUD so I'll make sure people don't make unnecessary assumptions in a convo with me.

I don't think you understand what either of us are trying to say. The ends that I live in is veryy ghettoo! The kinda people who would put you down without even thinking about it. Forgive me for trying to distant myself from that crew.

Fair enough, but the whole point of that post was to tell you that you're generalizing as well. Perhaps your intention was not to put others down, but that's what your tone was suggesting. Anyways, this is a pointless discussion, everyone's becoming defensive now.

P.S. There's a ghetto in Britain? Hmm. Hard to imagine.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top