Debate Mansion

Should america forget the 9/11??? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 19

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rongna

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Please explain to me why should they forget it? :Seven if they want to forget it, i don't think they would be able to forget it. especially since the 9/11 attack brought importance to the international community that america that is being thought to be the safe haven and most secured country of countries with the most high tech military weapons and etc., could be attacked by a bunch of terrorists. the 9/11 attack is also difficult to forget as it holds special importance on the so-called operation of war on terror and holds a special importance among the international relations circle.
I think you'd agree with me that after 9/11 and July bombings in London, security has been tighter than ever before. I myself have been in and out of the american airport enough number of times to know how strict they are. Same with Britain, Heathrow airport stops so many people. White, Black, Indian, Pakistani doesn't seem to matter anymore. :) I don't think america ever denied what happened and the failure in security but i'm glad to see that they've learnt so much from their mistakes that no-one has the audacity to plan something so high scale. Even in london, as i'm sure you heard, a bomb that was planned by a group of YOUNG british pakistanis was supposed to kill 10,000+ people but they failed.Clap
Just imagine how much the hatred would increase if they had succeded.Ouch
If someone hurt any member of your family soo badly, would you be able to forget it? That's probably the way americans feel about it. yeah,  yeah, i understand that if someone hurt our family, most probably we would want to defend them and take avenge for them and protect them so future attacks and hurt will not happen again. however, there are some families who are able to forgo, forget and forgive of what bad things other people do to themselves and their families. it may not be much but there are.
Not much? That's right. Just yesterday and day before there have been a special telecast on bbc and itv in the UK of 9/11. Believe me when i say it is probably not even 1% who have been able to 'forgive and forget' like you claim. If someone in my family got BRUTALLY MURDERED like that, I would never forgive them in a million years. Not in this lifetime and not in the next. Maybe you can forgive someone who does that to a member of your family, I am not great enough to forgive murderers.
And I wonder how many people out of the MILLIONS of Muslims in America were subject to that 'torture' you talk about. I'm not denying that it didn't happen, ofcourse it did but some people talk about it as if the average Muslim living in America is targetted. but don't you think that's a bit unfair if they have to suffer for something that they didn't even do, for something that other people did. even though there are possibilities that some of them are supporting what happen during 9/11, but there are also some muslim who are against the terror of 9/11. :S
Life isn't fair. That's the way it works. Just like some drug dealers will get stopped at an Airport and others won't. If in the long run a lot lot more lives are being saved then I suppose it is for the better. My chacha who is a big businessman got told to go on the floor before the police shoot as they thought he was a suspect for some crime. My uncle didn't take the case forward even though he DID get hurt! People have to suffer in order for the real culprit(s) to be caught. That's the way life is. We just gotta deal with it.
I have more than enoguh relatives in America to know that their religion/culture/tradition has never ever been an obstacle. I can only talk from experience but I've never had anyone look at me in a strange way because of the colour of my skin or any thing like that and neither have any of my Muslim friends. c'mon man, many people are being treated differently because of their skin color, race, ethnicity background. take for the example of the minority chinese indonesian in indonesia. even though by law they are the citizen of indonesia, still the there is a certain hatred from the indegenous people of indonesian just because the chinese indonesia prosper more than the indegenous people of indonesian. take another example, the australia. for a long time the caucasian australian have been persecuting the aborigines, and nowadays, the level of racism towards the asian australian are still very high. another example, is in indian itself, there are caste system which even though casteism have been abolished by the legislative law, prejudice and stereotyping still occur. perhaps not as high rate as before, but the fairer skin is still preferrrable than the darker skin people. and not only muslim, but there are resentment between religion, like for example resentment between the christians and the jewish people, the jewish people and the muslim, the muslim with the christians. ironic isn't it, that these religions which are abrahamic religions are hating each other to no ends.
LOL I'm interested to know what part of the world you live in because I swear to god I do not know a single Muslim (the area i live in has quite a LOT of muslims) who has been harassed or stopped, or been given a dirty look because of their religion. Believe it or not hun, it is often the other way round. Often I get a feeling that some of those people feel they are INFERIOR to everyone else because of their religion, I myself have experienced that.Ouchi can name a few areas for you in london where you feel people are looking down on you because of your background. You are right. Even in the majority muslim malaysia the hindus get treated like second class citizens. I don't quite get your point?
We in Britain can't forget the July bombings so what the Americans feel must be even worse. And neither can we Indians forget the MA! Don't expect anyone to forget something that hurts so much. yeah, yeah, i understand that the terror will not easily be forgotten. but i think the reason why it is difficult to be forgotten is in the case of britain's july bombing and 9/11 are because people don't really expect terrorists attacks to happen in that area. the MA is because it is believed, or proven or allegedly proven depending from which point of view you are seeing, the bombing has relations with pakistan and pakistanis and adding the strain relationship between the two states, it only add strain and bitterness plus prejudiced and negativity from the indian side towards the pakistan. i mean there are also a lot of bombing in indonesia the famous bali bombings and the bombing of the australian embassy and the recent one where one of the ceo of a big mnc died and led to the reduced in stock prices and it didn't seem to bother them as much nowadays.
Actually, the terrorists in india are proven to be from pakistan too, some people just like to live in denial.
and puhhleaseee let's not make this a one sided affair with your "prejudiced and negativity from the indian side towards pakistan". Haha cos we are devils aren't we, and pakistanis wear a halo and their media show great hospitality to indians right? what a load of BS!LOLLast time I checked there were two sides to a coin no?

@CPM: I cannot believe there was rejoicement in NJ! :O Especially because there are soo many desis there! How bloody embarassing! :@ These people deserve to be kicked outta the country, they don't deserve to live in a place where they have all these luxuries and just don't respect the country they live in or the people at all! Absolutely disgusting and sickening.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm still bitter about 26/11 attacks. I can't forgive and forget people who have so harshly killed my own people. Neither can we expect the Americans to forget probably one of the worst incidents in American history that (mark ym words) will NEVER be forgotten.

Every year during this time they show documentaries of 9/11 and not even once has seeing such mass killings failed to bring a tear to my eye. Sickening people who deserve to rot in hell. Infact hell is too nice of a place for them to go.DeadDeadI could hurl all sorts of abuses at them, but why waste my time cos those pieces of "%%^^% aren't gonna learn. I just hope Americans and the British can show them what we're all about! and also good luck to India to eradicate terrorism. We WILL get the better of them one day. I'm sure of it.Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

souroangelic_devilnisha80

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should america forget the 9/11??? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 11:06am | IP Logged
9/11 was significant as it made US realise that they cannot turn a blind eye to terrorism elsewhere. sooner or later it affects even those who think themselves safe. Hope the US stops selling its arms indiscriminately at leat now

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devil

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 11:14am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mahikhan

Originally posted by chal_phek_mat

America plays it perfect with these terrorists, they hit the folks they suspect very very hard and then some cry mommy!!!!!!. Muslims in America have chosen to be part of the country. If some of them take advantage of the privilege and give shelter to those who cause terrorism, the entire community is going to pay. If you have to blame someone you have to blame those Muslims in America who give shelter to these terrorists. I dont hear a peep against those folks from the folks who cry injustice towards the Muslims
Would you mind tellin which Muslims are they....go and watch NY which made to open the eyes of the world the SO CALLED diverse state suspects people cause of their religion.

Are you talking about NY as a state or a city or the movie NY? If your view of 9/11 is based upon any movie, then you should seriously be also viewing yourself in those Ekta serial lead character, jokes aside noone can capture the moment of 9/11 and New York life after that, everyone gives their personal/political slant to it and people who have a raw personal view of it cannot bring themselves to relive it in a movie

Everytime there is a terrorist attack there are communities which go out and celebrate, there was rejoicement in Patterson, NJ right after 9/11. That houses a large Muslim community
Acha i'd like to know where do they celebrate and howcum FBI didnt harrass them yet?Wacko
LOLLOL How much of America and its localities do you know I will tell you the names

So I say whatever happens is well deserved. America should not forget about 9/11 they have a pretty good record, they have protected their own citizens from any more terror attacks and that is the job of a govt.
Oh so you think just by harrassing and suspecting people from particuler religion justifies their job?STRANGEOuchBTW it was also proved that some local was involved in 9/11 incident.
See that is what I am saying there were locals involved and most of the locals were Muslim and THEY are the people you should be criticizing, if they werent there 9/11 or any other terror attacks dont happen and noone gets harrassed, 

Where exactly are your priorities towards? Few Muslims who get harrassed or few fellow human beings who die unneccesarily out of these terror attacks
Both....eitherway it is wrong......if few Muslims are harrassed and suspected for no reason then it is INJUSTICE and if US really have so many problems with the Muslims why do they give them visa....????

Most muslims are good people, actually to rephrase it most people are good irrespective of their religion, but for some people religion is the most important thing in life, even a perception that someone is harrassing people of their religion causes them to go beserk and there are people in the Muslim faith that take full advantage of this and the majority isnt doing enough to tackle those people and then some innocent get harrassed, and the reason why the people of Muslim faith stand out so clearly in this is because the majority in other religion do a pretty good job of reigning in those people trying to take advantage of their religion. I am not generalizing here but look in the events of past couple of decades and you will see this to be true

Edited by chal_phek_mat - 10 September 2009 at 12:16pm

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 11:35am | IP Logged
yeah its DM alrite but ppl take thing personally at times & forget that what one posts need not always be ones personal view. some ppl here seem to debate just for the fun of it . better take things lightly. I already lost few friends..

kickass1

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kickass1

LOL I'm interested to know what part of the world you live in because I swear to god I do not know a single Muslim (the area i live in has quite a LOT of muslims) who has been harassed or stopped, or been given a dirty look because of their religion. Believe it or not hun, it is often the other way round. Often I get a feeling that some of those people feel they are INFERIOR to everyone else because of their religion, I myself have experienced that.Ouchi can name a few areas for you in london where you feel people are looking down on you because of your background. You are right. Even in the majority muslim malaysia the hindus get treated like second class citizens. I don't quite get your point?

Clap

I bow down to you.

I too live in majority muslim area in UK and believe me these minorities (mostly Pakistanis) have so much hatered towards Hindu's and Indians.

Haha maybe we live quite close then?WinkTongue

P.S: I do NOT live in Bradford. =|
God my life would be hell there! lol

The thing is, theey will never directly say it to my face that they dislike my religion or my culture or the place where I come from. But they will often ask the most DAFT questions ever that are indirectly trying to tell me that they are apparently better than us in every way possible. Err yeah sure.
yet is is these same people who male who make it like the worst decision ever to step out of your house on pakistan independence day. Gone are the days where people sued to celebrate in a fashionable yet patriotic manner. There are total idiots and hooligans out there who dress up to impress girls and vice versa and probably haven't even visited their country in the past 8-10 years. Morons.

I still don't get the point of this debate though. Is the OP asking the hundreds of millions of americans to forgive and forget the hundreds of lives lost of fellow americans in the total massacre that although happened 8 years ago, no-one has forgotten about? and sorry what is the justification of the OP? It doesn't really make any sense to me. Being a British national I cannot ignore what happened and put it to the side, maybe the OP can.Ouch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devil

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kickass1

Clap

I bow down to you.

I too live in majority muslim area in UK and believe me these minorities (mostly Pakistanis) have so much hatered towards Hindu's and Indians.

Which part do you live Wembley or Camden?
i've never seen such hatred in any of them.....i've many paki frens there.

kickass1

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top