Debate Mansion

Should america forget the 9/11??? (Page 17)

Post Reply New Post

Page 17 of 19

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 11 September 2009 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Phir neend aayi, or you're still awake? LOL Man, I don't know what's wrong with me, but these day pills totally knock me out. I sometimes wonder if I would sleep for days at a time if I took a Vicodin or something. LOL

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that one. Did you see your car insurance premium recently? Is that what made you remember? LOL Okay, how about, in December? During winter break, I'll fly over to Wisconsin, wearing a "I'm-Looking-For-Return-To-Hades" T-shirt. And we can tie the not then? Did you ever consider a winter wedding in Wisconsin? LOL

There is so much going on in the virtual world these days. I wonder what the car insurance company would say if we told 'em that we were married virtually. Is the discount still applicable, then? LOL

Well you and G-Unit went off line and the SRGMP spammers also were quiet. So I eventually got bored to sleep. Nothing effects me - if I'm hyper Nyquil wont make me sleep, If I'm sleepy espresso shots wont wake me.

Haha, I'm hunting for medical insurance. My premium goes up by 33% in November and am looking for cheaper rates. Apparently couples get cheaper insurance. LOL I'm a very safe driver so car insurance has been reasonable.

So what you plan to wander around Wisconsin in your T-shirt and hopefully find me for the marriage. I suggest more of heavy jacket. Tongue Hmm winter wedding. That sounds delightfully romantic. Great idea.

Hmmm Virtual weddings. I wonder if we have an elaborate ceremony on IF....then maybe the companies will accept the marriage. LOL

Now I better go and post something serious. Half the people think I am too goofy and half the people think I am serious and boring all the time. What to do, What to do? Confused

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should america forget the 9/11??? (Page 17)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 11 September 2009 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
Reading this thread a lot of people watched movies like New York and get a very negative impression of United States. New York is a realistic movie, and yes the secret services did unethically detain and torture innocent civilians by profiling.

However, you cannot take one solitary movie and perceive an entire nation and its people. You cannot judge every government agency and agent in the states because of one movie. Remember the furore that everyone will think that India is a slum based on Slumdog Millionaire. A more rational individual will know that America is not evil because of some people in a movie.

Movies like Boys Don't Cry and Laramie Project show small town Americans and Christians as cruel homophobes. And unfortunately many people have prejudices against the hartland smalltowners and conservative Christians because of the movie. But its far from the truth, many of them are extremely religious but peaceful and friendly people.

We have to always remember every German was not a Nazi and even amidst the Nazi's, a few officers like Claus Von Stauffenberg had a sense of trying to do the right thing.

When movies project a negative event, it is to make people aware. So that people learn that there are parts of the system that are broken. So that we understand there need to be changes made in the way we think and act as human beings. People need to take accountability to set things right. American people are demanding their government to audit secret services and ensure that those who misused authority are punished and that the innocent civilians be compensated. American people are trying to get hate crimes legislations passed so that people are not brutalized for being of a different race, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.

The movies are not intended for people to develop prejudices against an entire nation or religion because of a few incidents. Americans are wrong for stereotyping many Muslims and treating everyone of them as a terrorist. At the same time Muslims also have to accept that they are wrong in judging or hating America the whole nation.

Both sides have to grow up and step up to the job of breaking the barriers and differences, and not twiddling thumbs or pointing angry fingers.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf_DrEaM_Fair-n-luvlyU-No-Poo

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 11 September 2009 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Reading this thread a lot of people watched movies like New York and get a very negative impression of United States. New York is a realistic movie, and yes the secret services did unethically detain and torture innocent civilians by profiling.

However, you cannot take one solitary movie and perceive an entire nation and its people. You cannot judge every government agency and agent in the states because of one movie. Remember the furore that everyone will think that India is a slum based on Slumdog Millionaire. A more rational individual will know that America is not evil because of some people in a movie.

Movies like Boys Don't Cry and Laramie Project show small town Americans and Christians as cruel homophobes. And unfortunately many people have prejudices against the hartland smalltowners and conservative Christians because of the movie. But its far from the truth, many of them are extremely religious but peaceful and friendly people.

We have to always remember every German was not a Nazi and even amidst the Nazi's, a few officers like Claus Von Stauffenberg had a sense of trying to do the right thing.

When movies project a negative event, it is to make people aware. So that people learn that there are parts of the system that are broken. So that we understand there need to be changes made in the way we think and act as human beings. People need to take accountability to set things right. American people are demanding their government to audit secret services and ensure that those who misused authority are punished and that the innocent civilians be compensated. American people are trying to get hate crimes legislations passed so that people are not brutalized for being of a different race, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.

The movies are not intended for people to develop prejudices against an entire nation or religion because of a few incidents. Americans are wrong for stereotyping many Muslims and treating everyone of them as a terrorist. At the same time Muslims also have to accept that they are wrong in judging or hating America the whole nation.

Both sides have to grow up and step up to the job of breaking the barriers and differences, and not twiddling thumbs or pointing angry fingers.
Very well interpreted,RTHClap Yea majority Muslims don't like USA for attacking Iraq in 2003 for no reason,i've witnessed how people of Iraq left their country coz f war and lost their loved ones...it is bad its natural for them to hate America as far as i'm concerened i don't HATE USA but yea i'm pretty much afraid of USA ,And yes Iraqi's and Muslim civilians being killed atrociously there just since they are Muslims is really inhuman....Anyways it's good that people from both sides realise that all the nation should NEVER be accused due to few rotten apples.Those who claim to be Muslims and kill innocent people are BEASTS when they are not HUMANS how are they Muslims they only find pleasure in killin people they don't belong to any religion but they just demean Islam they are a BLACK SPOT in the name of IslamDead

Edited by mahikhan - 12 September 2009 at 12:50am

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 12 September 2009 at 12:44am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fair-n-luvly

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 September 2009 at 2:53am | IP Logged

souro

souro

Posted: 12 September 2009 at 2:54am | IP Logged
*viewbies note: Edited for same reasons as posts above*

Edited by return_to_hades - 12 September 2009 at 9:44am

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 12 September 2009 at 3:18am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fair-n-luvly

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 September 2009 at 5:00am | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top