Debate Mansion

Should america forget the 9/11??? (Page 12)

Post Reply New Post

Page 12 of 19

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by mahikhan

the  only thing which hurts me is when only Muslims are being interrogated and no one else....i might have said things which may hurt you or others but they do that i dont say that world is saying that ek 9/11 ki wajah se ktne iraqi roz merty hai who is responsible?

I think the assumption that only Muslims are being interrogated is incorrect. I recently had a cousin visit us, Indian Hindu, typical Maharashtra last name. She was pulled aside by security and grilled for 45 minutes.

The funniest however is when my grandma was being frisked at Orlando on suspect for being a drug smuggler because she carried her sindoor and jewellry in little packets in her purse.

Basically the security in USA is whack job in need of fixing, or people in my family look and act suspiciously like terrorists.
Oh i really didnt know this btw i fully agree to you on listening to horror stories of family and folks about USA.
But i gotta hear about FBI and and also that they suspect muslims and then arrest them and when nothing proves them wrong they leave them but that during that duration they really do inhuman things and guantanamubay which isnt in the US though is the big example of it.So someone told me that FBI does the same with Muslims in jails if they are suspectedOuch
BTW I'm a half gujju too chem cho maja ma?LOL

Edited by mahikhan - 10 September 2009 at 11:00pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should america forget the 9/11??? (Page 12)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by Gauri_3

Well, they may not be right or wrong in doing it, they have every reason to, but it still is a discrimination of sorts. You're still basing that very judgment on the pure basis of an origin of a name or skin color. Perhaps its only to allocate scarce resources and to create a more efficient safety system, but in the end, you can't deny that its not discrimination. Granted they have valid reasons, that even I support, because it logically makes sense, but that does not change the fact that your traveling experience will be different based upon who you are.

No, I still won't call it discrimination given the nation's security is at risk here.  If they wanted to discriminate, they could have deported all muslims out.  They never did that.

They cannot do that, di, not based upon religion. How do you judge someone's religion? You can deport people based upon nationality, but not religion. There are Muslims who are US Citizens, who have rights, who have not done anything wrong. There are Muslims who are not from the Indian Subcontinent or from the Middle East or from any country that would raise eyebrows in these times. There are such things as Pakistani Christians and Spanish Muslims. You cannot define Muslims based upon a few countries.

I am not saying US should do that.  I am saying if your claim about discrimination is true then the scenario you are claiming to be discriminatory is not the right one.  Risht one would be deporting folks because of their faith. ...and most of these muslims blame America for the rise in islamic terrorism.  You can't deny that fact either.  Tell me - if the name in the database is Mohamad and it happens to be a terrorist on wanted list - why would the custom folks stop a Peter or Manish?  How is it US custom department's fault is all matches against that name happen to be of one particular faith?  How can you claim they are discriminating based on religion when names matching the tagged names in their database are the ones that are stopped at customs?

See, you're not understanding my point here. Americans are not wrong in creating such safety procedures. It is not their fault that the name Mohammad pops up there again and again. Fine, what they are doing, is protecting their own nation and its people, just like any other nation should. BUT because they are solely signaling people out because of a certain type of name that they have, it IS discrimination. Perhaps a group of Muslims around the world is responsible for bringing this down upon all other Muslims, but it is still a discrimination of sense. Is it practical and does it make sense? Sure. But judging people based upon their skin color or name is still discrimination, no matter how pure the intention behind it is.

9/11 certainly changed not only how the world travels, but I think it changed the very face of the planet. It changed how the common person thinks or behaves in certain situations. In the end, we all suck it up and take it as common procedure, knowing that it is for our safety when we are traveling. Having said that, the discrimination that I'm referring to, goes beyond the airport security lines, and into the minds of the common folks, and unfortunately that is something that is something we cannot change because of circumstances.

Ajnu, folks can change those very things if they refuse to unite in the name of religion rather than uniting for the cause.  If islam is the tool used by the terrorists to bring muslims down then only muslims can tackle this scenario by standing up against the goons and defending islam rather than bad-mouthing America and defending the goons.  No other community is brainwashed to the extent we see with muslim community because most people support the cause not the religion.  You know it, I know and we both know that nothing much is done to change that mindset of muslims.  I still hear majority of them getting defensive.

I cannot stand up for all of the Muslim world. I support US safety precautions, I condone those who are involved in acts of terrorism, I sympatheize with those who have lost loved ones due to these immoral and cruel acts. And that is all that I can do, and like me, that is all that any Muslim living in America can do. It is not about getting defensive, or taking these comments personally, it is about the very fact that I can only change the way I think, and hope for the best. The beliefs and acts of those around the world who perhaps claim to share a similar belief does not lie on one person's shoulder.

Don't take it personally.  I know you do not support them.  My initial posts here were not aimed at you at all.  I am talking about what I read here by certain other folks day in and day out and it's getting tiring now.  I am the first one to defend islam when people bash it unnecessarily.  Similarly, I am the first one to stand up and defend America when people bash her unnecessarily.  I would be the last one blaming islam or each and every muslim but you can't deny the fact that most muslims, irrespective of their nationality, are brain washed in the name of islam - and this brainwashing is the root cause of the kind of defenses folks put up here.

No worries, we have that mutual understanding, I'm not taking anything personally. I am totally with you on the anti-American sentiment and I've stated that in a different post, don't want to go around and around again. My head is spinning. LOL

Also, it is often overlooked that Muslims living in countries where this terrorism breeds, face similar acts of terrorism, lose loved ones the same way, and have no way of stopping it. The violence and cruelty exists over there too.

True that.

If they cannot get themselves away from that, what makes anyone think they can help the rest of the world?

Fact is that they can't get themselves away from that NOW.  They did not attempt to quash the fanatic sects of islam when they had the chance - at the very beginning.  Now, things are out of their hands.  You don't see Shiv Sena or Bajrang Dal taking over all hindus or Klu Klux Klan taking over all christians across the world - that's because most people of other faiths look beyond their religion and focus on the merit of the cause.  Most muslims, unfortunately, chose not to do that and they are paying the price now.

Hmm, perhaps. But point is that the current generation is suffering from the doings of the past generations. And unfortunately, ignorance is prevalent in these nations.

I SEE A RAINBOW!

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 11:01pm | IP Logged

GoodJew? Oh man, that one made my day. LOL

Wow, you're clever. Now was all this intentional, or it just happened to you of all people? LOL

Except for being mistaken for 30, I've been mistooken for everything at least once. I'd be damned if they start believeing I'm of legal drinking age.

Haha. I'm sure its to your advantage. I'm usually mistaken for being older than I really am. Even on this forum. Arghh, it makes my blood rage.

GD has successfully made her way offline, I think I should too. This cold medicine is starting to kick in too, and that's awful because I took the 'day' pills instead of the 'night' ones. LOL

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 11:02pm | IP Logged

I SEE A RAINBOW!

Oh Sarina. What have you been smoking today? LOL

Okay, officially calling it a night - g'night everyone!

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chal_phek_mat

Are you talking about NY as a state or a city or the movie NY? If your view of 9/11 is based upon any movie, then you should seriously be also viewing yourself in those Ekta serial lead character, jokes aside noone can capture the moment of 9/11 and New York life after that, everyone gives their personal/political slant to it and people who have a raw personal view of it cannot bring themselves to relive it in a movie

True but it's being done........

LOLLOL How much of America and its localities do you know I will tell you the names
LOL I've family there they never told me about these people would ask them and then i'll confirm from ya milker punish kernaLOL

See that is what I am saying there were locals involved and most of the locals were Muslim and THEY are the people you should be criticizing, if they werent there 9/11 or any other terror attacks dont happen and noone gets harrassed, 
So you think they were Muslims only but i heard it was some white responsivble for WTC!Confused

Most muslims are good people, actually to rephrase it most people are good irrespective of their religion, but for some people religion is the most important thing in life, even a perception that someone is harrassing people of their religion causes them to go beserk and there are people in the Muslim faith that take full advantage of this and the majority isnt doing enough to tackle those people and then some innocent get harrassed, and the reason why the people of Muslim faith stand out so clearly in this is because the majority in other religion do a pretty good job of reigning in those people trying to take advantage of their religion. I am not generalizing here but look in the events of past couple of decades and you will see this to be true
I'd differ from you here Embarrassed

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mahikhan

Oh i really didnt know this btw i fully agree to you on listening to horror stories of family and folks about USA.
But i gotta hear about FBI and and also that they suspect muslims and then arrest them and when nothing proves them wrong they leave them but that during that duration they really do inhuman things and guantanamubay which isnt in the US though is the big example of it.So someone told me that FBI does the same with Muslims in jails if they are suspectedOuch
BTW I'm a half gujju too chem cho maja ma?LOL

The patriot act suspended the writ of habeus corpus for American citizens. Basically American's could be wiretapped, spied on and detained merely on an inconclusive suspicion. Yes Muslims have been stereotyped, but unaware to many many innocent non Islamic American citizens have been arrested, detained  and/or tortured too. I know American citizens who were tasered, chased, jailed for being at anti-war protests. All because of their affiliations or sympathies.

Not all Americans condone this behavior and not all Americans are bad. The sad thing is when Muslims look down on the very Americans who spent a night in prison for their cause.

If you have been keeping tabs on recent news. Gitmo was shut down. The entire CIA department is being audited and many of their unethical activities have been revealed. There is also a chance that those officials who ordered the torture of innocent civilians will be tried just like the Nuremburg trials.

One mismanaged government entity does not make a nation evil.

Well my Gujju is a bit rusty, I speak my other half Konkani more fluently.

But saru che dikri. Maja ma. I can understand Gujarati but cannot speak it. LOL

Edited by return_to_hades - 10 September 2009 at 11:12pm

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 11:13pm | IP Logged

I SEE A RAINBOW!

Oh Sarina. What have you been smoking today? LOL

Shhhhh!!!!! ROA shipped some good stuff to me. I'll hook you up too.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 11:14pm | IP Logged

GD has successfully made her way offline, I think I should too. This cold medicine is starting to kick in too, and that's awful because I took the 'day' pills instead of the 'night' ones. LOL

12 minutes since you said that. Make that 13. And you still green.

Go to bed cupcake. Sleep tight.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top