Debate Mansion

Should america forget the 9/11??? - Page 5

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
This content was originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

P.S. There's a ghetto in Britain? Hmm. Hard to imagine.

Where the Chavs are.

Btw did anyone celebrate 999? I celebrated 666 a few years ago. πŸ˜ƒ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

Where the Chavs are.

Btw did anyone celebrate 999? I celebrated 666 a few years ago. πŸ˜ƒ

I celebrated 999. I moaned and groaned all day long as I wrote 9/9/09 on my lecture notes in class.
This content was originally posted by: mahikhan

if US really have so many problems with the Muslims why do they give them visa....????

U.S. zabardasti visa deta hai kya unhey?  Naheen na.  I fail to understand why some folks still line up in front of the US embassy in their respective countries for American Visa when they hate America so much?  Yaar, intee takleef hai toh apney desh mein hee raho na.  Kis ney bola hai west bhaag ker aaney ko?
This content was originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

I celebrated 999. I moaned and groaned all day long as I wrote 9/9/09 on my lecture notes in class.

Hi gals!  How are you both doing?

Well, 999 turned out to be super good for me.  I got some great news at workπŸ˜†
This content was originally posted by: hindu4lyf

By the way Mahi, since when is Camden 'majority muslim populated? :S Last time I checked, it was a very white majority populated area.

I never said it is majority papulated area i only said Muslims live in the Wembley and camden...you may be right though im out of london since few months so not much aware of it,now....thanks.
This content was originally posted by: Gauri_3

U.S. zabardasti visa deta hai kya unhey?  Naheen na.  I fail to understand why some folks still line up in front of the US embassy in their respective countries for American Visa when they hate America so much?  Yaar, intee takleef hai toh apney desh mein hee raho na.  Kis ney bola hai west bhaag ker aaney ko?

Hey,
long time no see...aty hi aise batein?πŸ˜†
Well then US shouldnt give them visa simple btw yeh sab indian muslims ke sath bhi hota hao includin our celebs am i wong?
This content was originally posted by: mahikhan

Hey,
long time no see...aty hi aise batein?πŸ˜†
Well then US shouldnt give them visa simple btw yeh sab indian muslims ke sath bhi hota hao includin our celebs am i wong?

Busy these days with work.

I made a generic statement.  It was aimed at all those folks who migrate to U.S. or any other western country and then constantly badmouth it and harp how their culture is better than the country they migrated to etc. etc. etc.

If US stops giving visas to any one particular community, then that community will be the first one to cry out how Americans are discriminating against them.  Read your posts on any America related thread - most of them are full of stereotyping and badmouthing America. 

If by celebs you mean SRK - he made a mountain out of a molehill.    He is more than welcome  to not come back to the US.  Per jo insaan teen crore rupaye key liye begani shadiyon mein naachta phirta hai woh wapas US mein naachney kyoon naheen aayega?  SRK lost this fan after his moronic outburst after what was just a routine check when he was visiting US out of his own free will.
I do not think such a cruel cold hearted massacre of human life should ever be forgotten. One ought remember it as a reminder in the potential of human cruelty. One ought to remember it as a lesson that no human deserves to face such loss and violence. Even if one wants to forget, sometimes it is impossible too. How can someone who lost their friend, their spouse, their parent ever forget the moment that robbed the happiness in their life?

However, remembering does not mean not moving on. We need to learn and move on in a positive direction. We need to focus on making things better.

The United States is correct in its war on terrorism. Terrorism is not a war on religion - it is a war against what is wrong. Terrorism is a problem that is plaguing the world and every nation and people of every faith need to join hands and fight the common problem. No real Muslim condones 09/11 or any other terrorist act. In fact every Muslim and every human being is collectively against terrorism. Of course there are some Muslims who celebrated the catastrophe, but they are cowards in the guise of their religion. Anyone who thinks all Muslims are terrorists or evil based on 09/11 have something messed up in the wiring.

The United States was right to declare a war on terror and ought to continue it. However, the way it was executed was wrong. People were afraid and panic stricken, the government exceeded its powers and did many wrongs. I have not watched the film New York, but one need not watch that to know of the discrimination in United States. Hollywood has portrayed the questionable activities through movies like 'Rendition' and extraordinary rendition is an actual CIA practice, movies like Harold & Kumar have portrayed the stereotyping of anyone who looks remotely Middle Eastern/Desi. And almost every South Asian in the United States has experienced that sort of scrutiny. The Bush government was apalling in its foreign policy and many Republicans including John McCain too have criticized their torture tactics, their detaining methods and their general practice. In fact the war on terror has made the Americans pay as much as the Middle East while companies like Blackwater and Halliburton make a killing.

Discrimination and stereotyping are wrong and one should try to hold back on hasty judgments. However, fear is a very difficult emotion to conquer and fear makes people do many stupid things. This widespread sense of fear that causes discrimination does not make Americans bad people. It makes them dumb and stupid. But some are just misguided, unaware and unexposed to the world. This is a country an endless stretch of cornfields (hicks) and mountains (hillbillies) with a few random scattered cities like NYC and stuff people always keep talking about like its the whole country. Their like hobbits and have not stepped out of the shire for their entire lives, and even the well meaning Gandalf is a suspicious trouble making stranger. Ignorance makes them lack better judgment, but they are not evil people.

And its not just Americans who are guilty of stereotyping. There are Muslims around the world who hate all Americans because of the missteps of a few. There are Europeans across Europe who think all Americans are stupid, misguided and evil. I've come across so many white Europeans online who have stereotyped perceptions of America. I've had relatives in India and UK pick fights with me against the Bush regime just because I'm American and even when I say 'I'm on your side, I'm not arguing against you' they still go on. And several American tourists have expressed being mistreated and looked down upon simply because they bore an American Passport.

Americans aint bad c'mon over y'all and we all be fixin some steak and potatoes for you, and lets swap recipes for lamb curry and rack of lamb over pecan pie.

Well, 999 turned out to be super good for me.  I got some great news at workπŸ˜†

What up G-Unit, glad to know 999 had its lucky charm for you. I was reading somewhere today that some consider it auspicious and some consider it unlucky. So since 9 is an upside down six - does that mean all 999 people are opposite of 666?
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Hey, you! Aww, that's good to hear. I wish I get some good news this week. My week has been blaah.