Fashion and Beauty

India-Forums

Wedding day hair ideas

fammma Goldie
fammma
fammma

Posted: 07 September 2009 at 8:32am | IP Logged
Hi all

I am in need of your great ideas, Im getting married at the end of next month, and need suggestions please as Im stuck!!

Im wearing traditional indian bridal lehnga, hot pink, and am not sure how to have my hair done. (weddings in India btw)

I have an oval shaped face, so not too round or completely long either.

I was thinking of having a side parting done, and then curls on the side, and something on the top with the rest of the hair...
I ll have to have my dupatta on too, covering the 2nd half of my head...

Another confusion is, will the bindi thing (from the hair - not sure what its called) look nice if I have a side parting done??

All suggestions welcome pleasee...

Thank you

Jess. IF-Veteran Member
Jess.
Jess.

Posted: 07 September 2009 at 11:40am | IP Logged
congrats! :)
i bet you must be super nervous LOL

The thing in the hair is called a tikka....it will look good on parted hair but depends. If the tikka is not covered by hair by bangs or anything it'll look awesome :)

When people usually have their head covered with the dupatta they have a juda (bun) done. never seen anyone with their hair curled out on the side so i dont know how it looksEmbarrassed

in my opinion, a bun would be better cause it makes your neck appear longer and will make your face stand out...cause if you let it down it'll just be too much with the necklace and dupatta and all

since i havent seen anyone with it before i would love it if you'd provide a picture of how you want your hair :)

Edited by Jess. - 07 September 2009 at 11:42am
Jiannax143 IF-Rockerz
Jiannax143
Jiannax143

Posted: 07 September 2009 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
i agree with jess & congrats!!
you really must be excited..lol i know i was on my wedding day

i actually had my hair up and i had a tikka too

i havent seen anyone with their hair down either so as jess said do u have a pic available?

i think any hairstyle works for an oval shaped face so you dont need to worry whether it will suit or not =]
fammma Goldie
fammma
fammma

Posted: 08 September 2009 at 7:49am | IP Logged
I am mega excited, and nervous, and all emotional at times too...basically all mixed emotions!!

hey thank you guys for your opinions, I havent got any pictures yet, but Im taking your ideas on board.

I think ill have a bun done, since managing the dupatta n hair and everything maybe a bit much, especially with the heat too....

Jess. IF-Veteran Member
Jess.
Jess.

Posted: 08 September 2009 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fammma

I am mega excited, and nervous, and all emotional at times too...basically all mixed emotions!!

hey thank you guys for your opinions, I havent got any pictures yet, but Im taking your ideas on board.

I think ill have a bun done, since managing the dupatta n hair and everything maybe a bit much, especially with the heat too....

yea a bun is more managable..keeps the dupatta up too :)
i just went to a wedding where the bride wore a hot pink lengha & had a tikka and everything you want ..and she looked absolutely gorgeous!

and i bet you'll look amazing too :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Jiannax143.Jiya.

fammma Goldie
fammma
fammma

Posted: 09 September 2009 at 3:28am | IP Logged
Thanks Jess
Smile Smile

Thats it, a bun done..

Would a side parting go with it, or perhaps no parting would look nicer..???

colling IF-Dazzler
colling
colling

Posted: 09 September 2009 at 6:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jess.

congrats! :)<br>i bet you must be super nervous LOL<br><br>The thing in the hair is called a tikka....it will look good on parted hair but depends. If the tikka is not covered by hair by bangs or anything it'll look awesome :) <br><br><br>When people usually have their head covered with the dupatta they have a juda (bun) done. never seen anyone with their hair curled out on the side so i dont know how it looksEmbarrassed<br><br>in my opinion, a bun would be better cause it makes your neck appear longer and will make your face stand out...cause if you let it down it'll just be too much with the necklace and dupatta and all<br><br><br><br><br>since i havent seen anyone with it before i would love it if you'd provide a picture of how you want your hair :)

Congrats! I second jess..i think a bun would be ideal. Plus you wont have to worry too much about ur hair then and also u will feel less warmer..haha
Jess. IF-Veteran Member
Jess.
Jess.

Posted: 09 September 2009 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fammma

Thanks Jess
Smile Smile

Thats it, a bun done..

Would a side parting go with it, or perhaps no parting would look nicer..???

ummm..idk
i remember a girl had a side parting next to her tikka
and it looked good on her :) but that was her reception and she wasnt wearing her dupatta

but no parting would look good  for wedding day :)

Go to top