Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

anu_cooldude

IF-Dazzler

anu_cooldude

Posted: 05 September 2009 at 5:37am | IP Logged

Lakshmi Bai The Rani of Jhansi

About the Author
Renowned novelist Vrindavanlal Varma was born on 9th January 1889 in a noble Srivastava Kayasthya family at Mauranipur in Jhansi. Since childhood he had keen interest in History. Hence, even while doing higher studies in law, he deeply studied History, Politics, Philosophy, Psychology, Music Sculpture and Architecture as well. Varmaji acclaimed fame mostly for his historical novels. In his novels he negated the fact that in historical novels either the history dies or the novel. Instead he gave a new lease of life to history as well as to novels. He was honoured with 'Padam Bhushan' for his literary works; Agra University presented him with honorary D. Lit. He received Soviet Land Nehru Award' and Govt. of India also awarded him for his novel 'Jhansi Ki Rani'. Besides these he received many honours and prizes from various institutions for his literary writings. Varmaji's most novels have been translated into various Indian as well as English, Russian and Czech languages. Films have been made on his novels 'Jhansi Ki Rani' and 'Mrignayani'.

To read mor about author and the book

check ou this link

Forward by Varma,

My great grandmother, who had known the Rani, left behind an invaluable legacy of stories and events from the Rani's life. When I was ten years old she passed away. My grandmother kept the flame of enthusiasm burning throughout my childhood and adulthood. Six years after I had begun practicing law, she too died. But the luminescence radiating from this remarkable period of history, on which I had been weaned, began to pale when examined in the light of accounts of the Rani's times by present day historians.

to know more check out the link given above..
hope u all will like it..

Edited by anu_cooldude - 05 September 2009 at 5:42am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

naj7-Shankar-LeadOxide

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Vrindavanlal Varma' s book on Jhansi rani" in Ek Veer Stree ki Kahaani Jhansi Ki Rani forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

swathy3

swathy3

Posted: 05 September 2009 at 11:03am | IP Logged
thank you anu for posting it here thanks a lot

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadOxide

-Shankar-

IF-Rockerz

-Shankar-

Posted: 06 September 2009 at 10:58am | IP Logged

Looks like an intersesting book!! Thanks for posting!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadOxide

LeadOxide

IF-Rockerz

LeadOxide

Posted: 06 September 2009 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
seems very nice book

anu_cooldude

IF-Dazzler

anu_cooldude

Posted: 07 September 2009 at 9:06am | IP Logged
If anyone has read this book, do share some things with us.......
I also think that this book got to be VERY INTERESTING.......

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 07 September 2009 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Wow his great grandmother new jhansi ki rani! it will be a good book I assume.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top