Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

syrene thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: lakshmi_maruthi

So, we wish the family around only when we need them. Also why do we assume that someone is constantly looking over'ur shoulder. Why don't we take that as advice from a person who is more experienced than us. I know suitations are different from what they were before. But then I think everyone understands. You givein to some but you fight for somethings. Maybe I am better off fighting for my choice than having it easy.

Why do we have the feeling we cannot be free with family around. I would expect one to be free with their family around. anwya, this will go on like a chicken and egg problem😃.

umm.... sorry dear if u knew my inlaws u would understand that they would be constantly looking not only over my shoulder but even my head
Naina_Manam thumbnail
Well, yes I agree sometimes the joint familes don't turn out to be very good but for me it has and I love my familiy since they are always there to help!
Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: winnie_pooh

umm.... sorry dear if u knew my inlaws u would understand that they would be constantly looking not only over my shoulder but even my head

Winnie the pooh - Same here . I can't live with mine . The whole idea is scary . How to dress , what to eat , where to go , what time you should be home , what i must to do and what i must not, don't sleep late...blah blah blah!!! The whole day all you get is lecture and advice . Its fine when you are growing up , not when you are as old as me !!

Laksmi - Not every one is comfortable in an enviorment fighting for what they belive in .........like i love animals .....my in- laws hate them .........i want pets around at all times ........they can't tolerate it !!! A time comes when you wish .........you could decide what you want to do with your own money . I am earning .........i have the right to spend it on my pets or what ever i care for .........no one is going to lecture me about what i should do !!
Eventually one must weigh the pros and cons of both situation and decide what you can live with in the long term !!😊
Edited by indygirl - 18 years ago
Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: JK_5

I personally live in a nuclear family but I wanna have a joint family coz it's so much better and u have lots of fun and u always have lots of ppl u can talk to but in a nuclear family u don't have too many ppl that u can talk to also u can sometimes be very lonely and that can sometimes lead u into depression

Yes thats an advantage even i feel !!! My hubby travels a lot , and i remain alone by myself ..............thats when i miss companionship !!
Morgoth thumbnail
nuclear family.

reasons:

1) my relatives are nice when we meet for a short period. afterwards, all hell breaks loose!

2) privacy and personal space. no nags breathing down my neck about what i ought to be doing, why i'm doing something, etc, etc.

syrene thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MysticaMagic

nuclear family.

reasons:

1) my relatives are nice when we meet for a short period. afterwards, all hell breaks loose!

2) privacy and personal space. no nags breathing down my neck about what i ought to be doing, why i'm doing something, etc, etc.

i think that is the best solution ultimately.... stay separately but keep in touch and meet up too.... not for too long as Familiarity breeds contempt....
TiN24 thumbnail
So far (since I am not married yet) I live in a nuclear family, but when I get married I prefer living in a joint family. I like having soo many people around and living with all my husbands family. I don't want to live seperate and all alone with my hubby. I know there is an issue of "personal privacy" but you can always your own privacy in a joint family....you just need to prioritize and everything should work out fine. I don't know call me old fashion but I would love to live in a joint family.
dannyk thumbnail
i will go for Joint family ... but now a days its not possible as people are out to various cities for there jobs

now a days in nuclear families most of the time both the parents are working and they left there child at home .. few of them appoint some lady to take care of them .. but at home for timepass they watch tv or surf various sites .. and they get access to things that they are not supposed watch or access at that age ..

at end of then there parents come for office with tired and they are not able to give time to there child .. and this way clikdern may feel like ignored ..

if the same case with joint family then there granny or some relatives are there to take care of them