Pati Patni aur Woh

PPAW : Articles Corner No COMMENTS (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 9

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 9
Page 5 Page 9

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

BollyCurry Screen Writer, FF Graphicer,EBP, YRKKH BC Winner

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:37am | IP Logged

Shilpa-Apurva, Gaurav-Mouni in 'The Baby Borrowers'..
18 July 2009

A popular GEC will now have the desi version of 'The Baby Borrowers' produced by BBC, wherein Apurva and Shilpa, Gaurav Chopra and Mouni Roy will take part...

After the launch of Desi versions of 'Moment of Truth' and 'I'm A Celebrity..Get Me Out Of Here', we are now all geared up for the new social experiment on Indian Television, titled 'The Baby Borrowers' based on the hit British program that asks five diverse couples to fast-track to adulthood by setting up a home, getting a job and becoming caring parents first to babies, toddlers, pre-teens and their pets, teenagers and senior citizens -- all over the course of three weeks. The show will be produced by BBC, who earlier produced Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa for Sony TV.

According to our source, "This show will be launched on a popular channel, and will have five celebrity couples taking part".

With this show, the very popular real life couple Apurva and Shilpa Agnihotri will make a comeback to television. They were last seen together in Nach Baliye. "Shilpa and Apurva are finalized for the show. Giving them company will be the dashing Gaurav Chopra and the sizzling Mouni Roy. The other three celebrity couples will be finalized very soon. The show is set to launch on a popular channel sometime in August or early September", adds our source.

Apurva was last seen in Radha Ki Betiyaan Kuchh Kar Dikhayengi, while Mouni and Shilpa were in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. Gaurav Chopra was last seen in 9X' Tyohaar Dhamaka.

We tried calling Gaurav Chopra as well as Mouni, and even sent text messages but they did not respond.

We could not get thro' to Apurva and Shilpa too for a confirmation.

During the course of the show, the five young celebrity couples are asked to literally grow up overnight, when they are given a home, and certain simulated environments where they are expecting the arrival of their baby. Later, a real baby is given to each of the couples by five pairs of real volunteer parents. The couple will have to go thro' the chores of being new parents to the little one for three full days. After this, the couple will have to give the kid back, in return to which they get a toddler in the fast-forward process of the format of the show. Three days later, the couples are given several guys and gals in their pre-teens, each with a family pet coming along with them. Later on, the celebrities are given teenagers to deal with, and the cycle eventually completes with them taking care of a senior citizen with some ailment or the other.

So it's now over to the emotional and dramatic journey of the five couples who get an opportunity to look into their future, and discover how good or bad they would be in building up a family for themselves…

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "PPAW : Articles Corner No COMMENTS (Page 4)" in Pati Patni aur Woh forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:38am | IP Logged

Rakhi isn't calling it splits with Elesh
23 September 2009

Rakhi Sawant continues to be engaged to Toronto-based businessman Elesh Parujanwala, a source from NDTV IMagine said denying reports ...

Rakhi Sawant continues to be engaged to Toronto-based businessman Elesh Parujanwala, a source from NDTV IMagine said denying reports that the couple have broken up.

'Rakhi has not called it splits with Elesh. The couple are still seeing each other and very much together', said an insider from NDTV Imagine, on condition of anonymity.

Rakhi and Elesh got engaged through the reality show 'Swayamvar'. Though the item girl-turned-actress had recently told IANS that she is jittery about marriage and motherhood after having to change diapers and sing lullabies for a baby boy for NDTV Imagine's show 'Pati Patni Aur Woh', the news of her giving Elesh the boot is a 'media hype', said the channel source.

'Rakhi has not broken off her engagement with Elesh. This is only an unnecessary buzz that media has created. She is very much with him. She has in fact been noticed being very cosy with him,' the insider added.

The news of the split came, in effect, after it was reported Monday that Rakhi decided not to marry him citing 'irreconcilable differences'.

The pair has also been visibly sporting their engagement rings and cuddling a number of times, as observed by an IANS correspondent during a recent visit to Candolim, Goa where the couple is learning the hardships of parenting on the sets of reality show 'Pati Patni Aur Woh'.

Apparently, Rakhi also addresses Elesh as 'baby'.

Rakhi was unavailable for comment as phones are not allowed inside the 'Pati Patni Aur Woh' sets.

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:38am | IP Logged

Gaurav's commitment phobia miffs Mouni..
11 August 2009

Gaurav's tactful evasion of relationship oriented questions during the press launch of Imagine's new reality show leaves girlfriend Mouni miffed...

NDTV Imagine's Pati Patni Aur Woh
is the latest twist amongst the reality television brouhaha that has taken our country by storm. The show puts the participant couples on a fast forward trip of parenthood where they are required to deal with pregnancy as well as infants, teenagers and adults as though they are their parents.

When Gaurav Chopra was questioned if his participation in the show with girlfriend Mouni Roy is an indication of taking his relationship a step ahead, he said, "Well, the fact is that we are here addressing the media about being part of such a show. That in itself suggests something."

So does it mean that Gaurav is surer about this relationship than his previous ones? Let's figure out, for this is what Gaurav had to say about it, "Well, let's leave all that mystery for now. You never know what I might say once the show ends."

Mouni who was sitting right next to him was hit by this blow. The girl didn't take it lying down though; she lividly asked him, "What did you say? Say again!" Gaurav coolly replied, "You never know what I might say once the show ends." Poor Mouni couldn't believe her ears and asked him the same question again and again, and Gaurav cheekily repeated the same answer again.

Well, we would really love to put the same question to Gaurav once this show ends. Till then, we wish the duo happy parenting!!

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:39am | IP Logged

'Marriage is a tough responsibility' - Sachin Shroff
21 January 2009

With less than a month to go for his marriage to popular actress Juhi Parmar, Sachin Shroff talks about the wedding preparations and much more..

Sachin Shroff is quite looking forward to his D-Day. The lead of Naaginn will get married to his sweet heart Juhi Parmar on the 15th of February. "I am quite busy with the arrangements. Getting the right costumes is a big task, but I am surely enjoying every bit of it. However, we are keeping the details of our wedding dress a secret, and are just providing little tidbits to each other, to ensure that that our outfits don't clash", quips Sachin.

How does it feel to have a real wedding after some many onscreen trails? "It's really different you know. There we would have a dozen cuts, but here everything has to have a smooth sailing", verbalizes Sachin.

Sachin does not think that he is hurrying into marriage. "28 is a right age yaar. Many of my cousins already have kids.  Agreed our courtship period is less, but yet what matters is our love, and having said that I know of  a couple who got married after six years of going around, but their marriage did not last even for two years", states he.

He further accepts that equations do change after marriage. Sachin further quips, "Obviously now you spend much more time in proximity. There is a certain honeymoon period after which tensions may arise. But everything can work out fine, if you are ready to adjust a bit".

In closing, he refused to give details of the exotic honeymoon he has planned for Juhi. "If I say that now how can it be a surprise?", expresses the actor.

Lastly, on the big question of definition of marriage according to him, Sachin concludes, "It's a tough responsibility".

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:43am | IP Logged

"WE'LL PLAN A BABY BUT ONLY AFTER KAAJJAL"

ARMAAN SURI'S SHADOW FROM JASSI JAISI KOI NAHIN IS STILL CONFRONTING APOORVA AGNIHOTRI WHO'S ESSAYING A SIMILAR CHARACTER IN SONY'S NEW BABY, KAAJJAL. HOWEVER, THE ACTOR DOESN'T MIND GETTING TYPECAST AND CLAIMS THAT THIS IS THE NICHE HE'S CARVED FOR HIMSELF ON THE SMALL SCREEN.

HE SHARED SPACE ON THE SILVER SCREEN WITH SHAH RUKH KHAN IN PARDES BUT FAILED TO RECREATE THE SAME MAGIC IN ANY OF HIS OTHER FILMS. THEN, LIFE FOR APOORVA UNDERWENT A PHENOMENAL CHANGE WHEN HE BEAMED INTO OUR DRAWING ROOMS AS THE SNOOTY BUT SMASHING ARMAAN SURI IN SONY'S JASSI… HOWEVER, THE SNOB APPEAL SEEMS TO HAVE TRAPPED THE ACTOR IN AN IMAGE OF HIS OWN MAKING.

ST: Is Apoorva slowly getting typecast as the quintessential angry young man of the small screen?

AA: I don't mind being typecast. You need to create a niche. At the end of the day, it's the success of the product that matters. If the audience likes that image and the product is good, then one's market price goes up. All in all, on a platform like television, one is not given so many opportunities. Television is a monotonous medium. All characters, more or less, look the same. You can't do an Omkara and a DDLJ over here. I feel I've created my niche and I am content playing these characters. My first priority remains the script and then comes the money factor while choosing roles. I can't be shortsighted to only think about money while overlooking the script.

ST: Don't you feel that after Pardes, it was television that gave your sagging career a new lease of life?

AA: Yes, in Pardes, people liked my character, which had shades of grey. After that, I made a wrong choice of films and I would partly blame it on destiny too. In most of my films, I was not playing the lead. Maybe the audience wanted me to play the main protagonist and not the side character. Television helped me establish myself as an actor. I got meaty roles like Armaan Suri and Dev Pratap Singh. They helped me to stay on my toes and made me all the more spontaneous. I am a true Sagittarius and I take things as they come.

ST: Jassi… soared up Apoorva's popularity to a new level and his slickly etched character became one of the most memorable and admired ones on the small screen.

AA: Yes, Jassi… was great fun. Initially there was verve and spontaneity in all of us on the sets. Later on there was a perceptible stillness. We were working round the clock and eventually got fatigued. Understandably, that fatigue was visible on-screen too.

ST: But Armaan Suri still became one of the most loved characters.

AA: Each character had become so real to life and everybody identified with each of us; even Nandu's portrayal was received very well. The USP of the soap was the fact that every character was very well etched out. In fact, when I went to Canada for my honeymoon with Shilpa, so many people told us that they loved the serial and all the characters. When I had signed the serial initially, I had mixed feelings. I thought maybe I was taking a risk. But I knew that either it would hit the bull's eye or it would be a disaster.

ST: How was your experience of Nach Baliye where you paired up with wife Shilpa Saklani?

AA: For me, Nach Baliye was a scary experience. I am very shy and an introvert. Leave aside dancing; even talking to a stranger gives me butterflies in my belly. But Shilpa is just the opposite. She is very outgoing and a total extrovert. We worked very hard though we couldn't rehearse much because of our tight shooting schedules. It was a great learning experience for me as I shed all my inhibitions and now I can do a better job of dancing.

ST: When the awesome twosome was voted out, were there any hard feelings?

AA: (He gets poignant at this one) Parmeet (Sethi) had said a very beautiful thing, 'Out of ten couples, only one would win.' I was mentally prepared for the worst though Shilpa wasn't. She had tears in her eyes.

ST: What is your role in Sony's new show, Kaajjal?

AA: Armaan's character was more boisterous and larger-than-life. While the character of Dev Pratap Singh is more real and he is someone who has few emotions. But we are trying to make it different from my earlier role. I am an instinctive guy and the role was narrated to me with a lot of passion. I was sure that the results would be positive.

ST: If Apoorva made his mark as Armaan, then wife Shilpa became a household name as Ganga in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. Has marriage changed him as a person?

AA: Before meeting Shilpa, I used to be restless. However, I have become very patient now. The presence of a woman in your life makes you flexible and stable. Both of us are in the same industry and doing well and there been no ego clashes. Nothing like that has happened. And if something happens then I just put my head down and listen.

ST: It is also said that being an actor's wife is a difficult thing to be in the world, so how has he tamed Shilpa?

AA: We trust each other completely. It only takes a few minutes to break the trust. There hasn't been any kind of misunderstanding. My popularity is there today but tomorrow, I might lose it. But Shilpa is one factor that'll be constantly with me, throughout my life, come what may!
ST: Does that mean his Casanova image has gone for a toss?

AA: (He laughs) well! I'll smile if someone calls me a Casanova on-screen, but certainly not off-screen. Girls make passes but I take them with a pinch of salt. Of course, I don't encourage all that. I am so shy that I can't even see girls eye-to-eye. Till now, I have never expressed my feelings to any girl. I don't know how I did that with Shilpa.

ST: What about having a child in his family?

AA: We'll plan a baby but only after Kaajjal.

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Stop laughing, damn it!

Apoorva Agnihotri had to lift and twirl Surveen Chawla, who weighs 56 kgs, 15 times for a romantic scene. Surveen goofed up every take by laughing

Ranjib Mazumder

November 29, 2006

Recently Apoorva Agnihotri found out that shooting a romantic scene is back-breaking job. The actor had to lift and twirl his heroine, Surveen Chawla, who weighs 56 kgs, for as many as 15 retakes while shooting a romantic rain sequence for Kaajjal Sabbki AnkhonMein Basi!

The actor was especially miffed because Surveen kept goofing up take after take, simply by laughing mid-shot when she was required to be intensely romantic. No skin off her back, we guess, since it was Apurva who had to do all the heaving and ho-ing. 

A source in the production house said, "It was a romantic scene where both of them were supposed to shoot in the rain. They were completely drenched and since the shot just wasn't getting okayed, Apurva had to lift Surveen up several times. Anyway, Apoorva was not in a good mood that day. The scene required some intense moments between them, yet Surveen continued to laugh all through. This really got the poor chap irritated."

When contacted, Surveen said, "Yes, Apoorva was a bit irritated as he had to lift me up 15 times! No doubt he had a really tough time lifting me up, as I weigh not less than 56 kilos. What's more, the rather long scene had to be shot from various angles, so it took all the more long to get it perfect."

Was Apoorva angry? "He was not furious, or anything, but yes, he did get a little irritated because he had to lift me up several times and he was tired. I am always at ease while shooting. I enjoy myself and laugh a lot on the sets," she replied. Obviously, Apoorva Agnihotri didn't share the joke with her this time.

The actor was not available for comment.

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Apoorva Agnihotri (Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin's Armaan) and wife Shilpa Saklani (Kkusum, and Ganga of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi) are never at home.

"We are out for most of the day, shooting — it's only late at night or early morning that you will find us in the house," says Shilpa.

Shilpa does the talking

It is post 10 pm when we catch up with them. As usual, Shilpa does all the talking, while Apoorva answers in monosyllables, sometimes completes a line, or simply smiles. He prefers being reticent, "as there is nothing much to say anyway."

Moved in 8 months ago

Their home in a Lokhandwala highrise is simple. "We shifted here eight months ago from Yari Road, and we have done whatever we could," says Shilpa.

"There is not much time to actually go shopping for the house. That's Shilpa's territory anyway," says Apoorva. "The only stuff that I actually bought was a wall clock which I picked up at a lifestyle store. I liked it, I picked it up," he says.

"At the moment we have done up the living room, for the rest — the kitchen and bedroom — we are taking our time. We are in no hurry," adds Shilpa, who is partial towards glass. "I don't like bulky wooden pieces," she explains.

Summery hues

The living room has a bright yellow dining table with matching yellow chairs, while the sofas are in lime green. There are knick-knacks picked up from here and there, besides two orange beans bags placed near the window.

"This is our favourite corner. "Both us sitting on the bean bags survey the entire scene outside." Their house is on the 20th floor, so there is a good view of Lokhandwala and beyond.

Acting out roles

On the work front, Apoorva has exclusively acted in Jassi for two years. "There is no other acting offer on the small or big screen that has excited or tempted me. I am happy being Jassi's Armaan," he says. He prefers the Jassi of the initial days — the "real" McCoy, as she was at Gulmohar House.

Shilpa laughingly says she is "chakki pissaoing" with Kkusum and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. The couple will be seen together in the soon-to-be-launched Star One show on telly husband-wife pairs.

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Runaway Groom

Apoorva Agnihotri on wanting a makeover, getting married to Jassi and being the sidekick.

Sulakshana Gupta

So are you and Jassi finally getting married?
We've already been married some three or four times in our dream sequences. But I'm told it will soon happen for real. (Catch the wedding on August 5).

Are you still under an exclusive contract with Sony?
No that was till last year. I'm free to take on other projects.

Is Jassi... going the melodramatic way because of falling TRPs?
It's difficult to sustain something that's been consistently different. For two years, we managed to stay ahead and people imitated our work. Also, audiences are easily bored'gimmicks like song and dance sequences keep them interested.

Are you happy with the way Armaan Suri's character has shaped up?
There's no room for creativity in a daily soap. Unless the plot's going haywire I try not to interfere. I butted in when my character was becoming too negative. Anyway, ten years down the line, viewers will only vaguely remember who Jassi and Armaan were.

Doesn't it get lonely these days? Most scenes are romantic moments between you and Jassi?
I definitely miss the old office gang and hope they manage to weave them back into the story. Parmeet Sethi's one of the finest comic actors I've seen. And these days Vikas Bhalla and I have really bonded.

Were you ever threatened by Purab's (Samir Soni) popularity?
No one person can carry a show on their shoulders. Plus, I wasn't intimidated while shooting with Shah Rukh Khan in Pardes. This was a piece of cake.

Did you ever consider quitting?
I'm under no illusions. The show is called Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin not Armaan Jaisa Koi Nahin. I have no hassles with doing television. I know tracks change and the spotlight can't be on me all the time.

How would you have wanted Armaan Suri to turn out?
When I took the role, he was a business tycoon who'd go to any length for his company. Today Armaan is someone who's learnt from his mistakes. Sometimes I feel the character's achieved its purpose, at other times, no.

What did you think of the Jassi makeover? Would you undergo one?
I loved the new look. On the sets we welcomed the change as we were tired of the glasses and braces. I did try long hair for a while but everyone hated it. Now friends are saying I should give it another shot.

If you had to rewrite Jassi..., what would be different?
I'd definitely have a scene showing Raj crying. I'd also turn Maddy into someone serious who Jassi can confide in.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top