Pati Patni aur Woh

PPAW : Articles Corner No COMMENTS (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 9

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 9
Page 4 Page 9

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

BollyCurry Production Intern,YRKKH,DABH,BB7,EBP BC Winner

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:27am | IP Logged

I'm scared to be a mother now: Rakhi Sawant

Rakhi who got engaged to Toronto-based businessman Elesh Parujanwala on national television and they are now learning the hardships of parenting on a reality show being shot here. The item girl confesses she is jittery about marriage and motherhood after having to change diapers and sing lullabies for a baby boy.

"I am very scared of being a mother now. I don't know what will happen when it happens in real life," Rakhi said at a villa here that has specially been hired for the show.

Rakhi is participating in NDTV Imagine's show "Pati Patni Aur Woh" with her fiance Elesh.

The duo, along with four other celebrity couples, have been relocated to five individual villas here and they have to take care of infants as well as adolescents in the course of the show that goes on air Sep 28.

Rakhi and Elesh, who seemed quite comfortable in each other's company, are quite upset with their experience so far after playing parents to an infant named Jai under constant vigilance of six cameras in the house.

"It's been a very bad experience till now. It's like 'aasmaan se gira khajoor mein atka'. There is no enjoyment here. The only enjoyment is probably that we are together," said Rakhi, who is sporting a new hairdo that she called "cute and Barbie-like".

"It's very difficult. We haven't even got married yet. I had never imagined I'll ever have to take care of kids like this and that too manage a kid who only cries and doesn't sleep. I had to change nappies when the kid pees and poops. It was disgusting. I didn't eat food for two days after that and couldn't even sleep properly," she whined.

The item girl-turned-actress and her fiance, whom she chose in a 'swayamvar' on national television, are also distressed with the fact that in the process of taking care of the child, they hardly get time to know more about each other.

Said Elesh: "Finding little things about each other is the last thing on our list because there is a kid to take care of. Whatever time we have to ourselves, we either say 'why don't you take a shower or watch the child, or take a nap or let's make something quickly or clean the house'. That's all.

"We had thought we will learn a lot about each other through this show. But instead we are learning about kids and running a household."

That is also a reason for their marriage being put on hold indefinitely.

"Wedding is a far-fetched talk right now. I have to settle down for now. And this is just our beginning. We are gradually getting to know each other. This show is teaching us a lot about life and ourselves," said Elesh.

Added Rakhi: "Wedding is surely a long way (off)."

Rakhi is also upset at missing out the fun of receiving compliments for her dance with actress Rani Mukerji in Yash Raj Films' just released "Dil Bole Hadippa".

"I haven't got any feedback. There's no time to see TV and there is no cable connection here," she rued as she snuggled up in Elesh's arms.

The other four celebrity couples participating in the show are Shilpa Saklani-Apurva Agnihotri, Juhi Parmar-Sachin Shroff, Mouni Roy-Gaurav Chopra and Gurmeet Chaudhary-Debina Bonnerjee.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "PPAW : Articles Corner No COMMENTS (Page 3)" in Pati Patni aur Woh forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:27am | IP Logged
Yeh shaadi nahin ho sakti

Rakhi cites 'irreconcilable differences' with Elesh, will announce that the marriage has been called off when her ongoing reality show ends

Rakhi Sawant and Elesh Parujanwala

They may be doing reality shows as a couple, but Rakhi Sawant has decided not to marry her Canadian fianc Elesh Parujanwala citing 'irreconcilable differences'.

As Rakhi is contract-bound, her close friend reveals, "They were never really meant to marry. In the last episode of Pati Patni Aur Woh, they will declare that they've called off their marriage."

Rakhi refrains from answering whether she will actually marry Elesh or not. But hinting clearly that nothing of that sort will happen, she says, "Bahut farq hai hum dono mein. Elesh and I belong to different cultures.

He thinks West, while I think East. I don't think an Indian girl should marry a boy with Western values (sic). During this new reality show, there were a lot of ups and downs between

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Parents unwilling to give Rakhi their baby

Rakhi Sawant's penchant for controversy and devil-may-care attitude doesn't always work to her advantage. It was because of her public image that a few couples refused to give her and her fianc their babies for the reality show Pati Patni Aur Woh.

One couple, Deepak and Priyanka Awal, told journalists: "Let's face it, Rakhi and her attitude is something we were not comfortable with. We heard some comments she made in the media when the show was launched. She had said that she doesn't like babies. The way she throws tantrums is terrifying. We think any parent would like to make sure that the right people are taking care of their babies. The idea of her taking care of our child made us tense."

The couple eventually gave their 10-month-old baby Shaurya to Gaurav Chopra and Mouni Roy. They added, "We had a long conversation with them and realised that they are similar to us in terms of likes and dislikes. We knew that Shaurya would be in safe hands with them. We were okay with anyone but Rakhi."

After approaching several people, a Delhi-based couple – Shilpa and Kapil – finally agreed to give Rakhi and Elesh their baby, Jay. They said, "It did not matter to us what other parents thought about Rakhi and Elesh. We'll be watching our baby 24x7

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:31am | IP Logged

Pati Patni Aur Woh will be airing from next week on NDTV Imagine, but even before the show launches, there had been lots of controversies already hounding it. Recently, a court had issued a notice to the show for mishandling the babies.

"The court has already slapped a notice to the show demanding to stop the shoot and scrap it from airing on the channel," says our khabroo.

Elaborating more on why the court has sent a notice, our source informs, "The celeb couple are mishandling the babies, and there had been complains from the parents of the children too. There had been lots of problem regarding these issues where parents are restrained to handle their own child, when he/ she goes on crying for hours."

"Even in Canada the show was taken off-air in the midst, due to the same issue. This show has already created a lot of hullabaloo in foreign countries and thus the NGO's supporting child labor has come forward and had asked the court to summon the notice. They are also appealing the junta to not watch the show," concludes the source.

The show will be airing from 28 September at 10:30 pm, so now lets see of how long is it able to sustain amidst these controversies.

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:33am | IP Logged

'Singing and dancing shows are passe' - Apurva Agnihotri
13 August 2009

Apurva Agnihotri who is to take part in Imagine's Pati Patni Aur Woh with wife Shilpa disses the reality television shows which involve singing and dancing...

Apurva Agnihotri and his wife Shilpa Saklani Agnihotri are returning back to the television after a hiatus with NDTV Imagine's Pati Patni aur Woh.

This reality television series doesn't involve dancing, singing or any gut wrenching dare. All this reality show requires is for the participating couple to exhibit their parental skills.

Did Apurva, in the process of endorsing his show, somehow tip off the scale and turn out to be offensive? This is what the actor had to say when questioned why he chose Pati Patni aur Woh to come back to television- "I personally as a viewer am kind of bored with singing and dancing reality shows. I wouldn't watch them. I'd rather take my dog out for a walk instead."

He goes on to talk about Pati Patni aur Woh, "This show might change the face of reality television. This might turn out to be a trendsetter."

On the other hand, Apurva's better half Shilpa jumped into the ship for hubby dearest. She says, "It was after a long time that I got a chance to work with Apoorva. It was not possible earlier as either he would be tied up in a commitment or I. This offer was made to us at the right moment and I just couldn't let such a nice offer go."

However Apurva wasn't the only reason Shilpa chose to do the show. She says, "I love kids. And I was told that here I would have a chance to spend time with kids. So I decided to go for it."

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:34am | IP Logged
We all know that Balaji's venture Kitni Mohabbat Hai on NDTV Imagine is soon to conclude soon. Well the final date of the show going off air has been declared and it will end, this month itself.

"The show is going off air on 25 September. There will be a high drama between Arjun and Arohi at the end," states our khabroo.

Elaborating more on the storyline our source adds, "Definitely being a love story it's going to be a happy ending, wherein Arjun and Arohi will come together forever. Arohi and her sisters will unite too in the end."

"This show will be replaced by the upcoming reality show, Pati Patni Aur Woh, which will start from 28 September on Monday at 10:30 pm," concludes the source.

The countdown for Kitni begins, while it also starts for the unique reality show Pati Patni Aur Woh…

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/2738-pati-patni-to-replace-kitni.html

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:35am | IP Logged

'This is not done' - Raj Singh Arora & Swati Taldar
09 August 2009

Raj Singh Arora and Swati Taldar express their displeasure at being axed from NDTV Imagine's' soon to be announced reality show, Pati Patni Aur Woh.

Raj Singh Arora and Swati Taldar are pretty annoyed at BBC and NDTV Imagine for dropping them at the last minute from their upcoming reality show, Pati Patni Aur Woh, which is a desi adaptation of the hit international format, 'The Baby Borrowers' and includes the couples Gaurav Chopra-Mouni Roy, Apurva-Shilpa Agnihotri, Gurmeet-Debinna and Sachin-Juhi.

As reported by Telly Buzz, the duo will be replaced by Rakhi Sawant and Elesh Parujanwala, for the channel thought that Rakhi and her fiance would be more popular after Rakhi Ka Swayamvar.

An angry Raj says that the unprofessional production house and channel did not even have the courtesy to inform them that they have been replaced. "It is only when we contacted BBC, did they finally agree to a meeting where they just said sorry. "This is not done, we demand an explanation! I let go of two shows and a couple of movies to
be a part of this project. We had signed the contract with too last month, got token money and had even undergone proper orientation sessions for the show. We even told family and friends that their interviews would be required, now how do we face them?".

Raj furthur added, "I understand that Rakhi is a better bet, but even I am a well known face in the TV industry (Remix and Four) and definitely deserve better treatment".

Swati last seen in Left Right Left (Second season) on her part also was visibly upset " I advanced my sister's wedding thinking that I will be busy in the next 2/3 months. We had to do everything in a rush and just when the wedding was about to get over, I get news that we are no longer a part of Pati Patni Aur Woh. Like Raj, I also lost out on two good TV projects", said she.

In closing both added that despite being private people, they had agreed to come clean on their 6 year old  relationship, for the show need couples and "This is what we get in return".

starry.phoenix

Viewbie

starry.phoenix

Posted: 23 September 2009 at 8:36am | IP Logged

'The Baby Borrowers' gets its celebrity Jodis...
06 August 2009

The likes of Apurva-Shilpa, Gaurav-Mouni, Juhi-Sachin, Gurmeet-Debinna and Raj Singh Arora-Swati Taldar will be getting into a parenting mode thro' the upcoming show, 'The Baby Borrowers'...

We had earlier exclusively reported that five celebrity couples will get together to experience a fast track to adulthood by setting up a home, and becoming caring parents first to babies, toddlers, pre-teens and their pets, teenagers and senior citizens -- all over the course of three weeks, with the show 'The Baby Borrowers', produced by BBC. The show is tipped to be on NDTV Imagine, and will start sometime in September.

We had also mentioned that popular jodis Shilpa - Apurva Agnihotri and Gaurav Chopra –Mouni Roy have been finalized for the show.

Our source digs in more information on the other three celebrity jodis who will be getting into the parenting mode thro the show. "Juhi Parmar and Sachin Shroff along with Gurmeet Chaudhury and Debinna Banerjee will be seen as the third and fourth jodis. Along with them, the popular actor from Remix, Raj Singh Arora will be seen with his girl friend Swati Taldar of Left Right Fame".

When we called up Swati Taldar, she said, "I am at my home town and busy right now. I will be able to talk to you only after two days".

Debinna Banerjee told us, "Things are under wraps at the moment, and we cannot speak anything right now".

Raj Singh Arora too gave us a reply, "No comments right now".

We tried calling Sachin Shroff, Juhi Parmar, but they remained unavailable for comments.

According to our source, "Many big names like Sharad and Kirti Kelkar, Karan Singh Grover and Shraddha Nigam, Sharad Malhotra and Divyanka Tripathi were approached for the show, but things did not materialize. There was also a buzz that the newly engaged Rakhi Sawant might also be seen as one of the contestants along with her new found Mr. Right, Elesh Parujanwala".

During the course of the show, the five young celebrity couples are asked to literally grow up overnight, when they are given a home, and certain simulated environments where they are expecting the arrival of their baby. Later, a real baby is given to each of the couples by five pairs of real volunteer parents. The couple will have to go thro' the chores of being new parents to the little one for three full days. After this, the couple will have to give the kid back, in return to which they get a toddler in the fast-forward process of the format of the show. Three days later, the couples are given several guys and gals in their pre-teens, each with a family pet coming along with them. Later on, the celebrities are given teenagers to deal with, and the cycle eventually completes with them taking care of a senior citizen with some ailment or the other.

We tried getting a confirmation from the channel and the production house, but got no

Post Reply New Post

Go to top