Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

The_Other_Woman

IF-Sizzlerz

The_Other_Woman

Posted: 03 September 2009 at 4:24am | IP Logged
Hell friends,I am new in this forum.

In most hindi serials the lead is a women.But still hindi serials are portraying women as a very weak object.They portray the lives of woman in such a way that we are forced to think that women has no other work than waring heavy sarees and ornaments and interfering in other's life.But all women of India are not like this.Moreover the women are shown to be very weak and personalityless.They forgive heir husband's extra-marital affair and other torchers against them very easily because they love him very much.Is it right to loose your personality for your love.You should fight.You are a woman,that doesn't mean you will sit in the house,cry and obey your husband's order.

Moreover they show in most of the cases that working women are very bad.They don't care of children.But maximum Indian women are managing both house and office excellently.
 Most of the women in Hindi serials are female.But our women are not like this.

Well,I want hindi serials to show women in a very strong role.What is your opinion?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The way hindi serial is portraying women" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 September 2009 at 4:51am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 03 September 2009 at 5:52am | IP Logged

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 03 September 2009 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Not really!
I mean it's true that all what they show is not true about an Indian woman...but they highlight the negative issues this way too.....Like Twinkle bajpai aka Laxmi of Betyaan played a very strong protagonist,Tulsi virani aka Smriti Z Irani played a strong protagonist...eventhough after every thing she was always accused.....Agreed that they forgive extra marital affair but they take revenge too,they are accused but they are acknowledged too,they are hated but they are liked too it's fun all what they is just fun people want to see it that way that's why they follow the same trend...Smile
P.S:The girl in your avii is my favourite singer/actressBig smile

Edited by mahikhan - 03 September 2009 at 12:31pm

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 03 September 2009 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
What about Fashion channels!!!.........Approve

Other than serials/drama there's 100s of other Motivational channels in this world...why people dont watch that channels...cos Most of them like to watch these kind of stupid acts.....Dead

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 03 September 2009 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
I do not watch too many soaps. But inadvertently end up watching them as my grandma watches them everyday. The only female character I have likes so far in the soaps is Gauri from Kutumb.

The rest of the shows just irk me to bits. Take Chotti Bahu for example. That show is ridiculous. It beats why that narrow minded neurotic eccentricities are being promoted as pious and traditional. This show exemplifies my frustration with society that marriage has ceased to be a relationship of love between two people, but merely a sham of rituals and legalities. Secondly, why is someone who wants to enter film/fashion always shown as the bad/negative character.

Lets take Maayka. I do not know all the story arcs, but Soni is like a yoyo between two brothers and is swung like a pendulum by her mother in law. Mahi is endures nonsense by Shabd. Besides why does a woman only work when there is no other option? Can the wife of a rich man not take on a job, simply because she wants to have something of her own. It need not be her own, maybe she can organize and run her own non profit or take volunteer assignments. Why do the wives always shop, chat and b**ch.

Then Pavitra Rishta. I thought this show would be somewhat 'feminist' in the sense it would portray solidarity and independence of the lower middle class women. But total nuts....total nuts....the mom just brushes off to be some sort of gold digger who wants to marry her daughter to some rich educated guy. She is totally unrealistic, and then there is the daughter who even though knows the mother is wrong will do anything to fulfill her dreams.

I actually think old school Indian Television from my wee un days were good like Dekh Bhai Dekh, Hum Log, Fauji, Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi, Rajani and Malgudi Days....Malgudi days was a classic.

We need more women in Indian television like the following who are in my opinion some of the best female characters on television.

Det. Olivia Benson

Liz Lemon

Annie Camden

Phoebe Buffay

or rile up the masses big time with Samantha Jones

Although who would really rile up the masses to rioting is Shane McCutcheon

Edited by return_to_hades - 03 September 2009 at 10:12pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Snehaangelic_devilBeyond_the_VeilFair-n-luvly

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 03 September 2009 at 10:24pm | IP Logged

amEn.aaMir

amEn.aaMir

Posted: 04 September 2009 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Hey i dont think so...
The women are not weak in any serial!!!
remember the serials like:
Kyunki,kahani ghar ghar ki,kasautii,kahin to hoga,kesar,kumkum,kasturi,kusum,jassi jaisi koi nahi,jyoti,hamari dewrani n many more
Do u think prerna,tulsi,parvati,kashish,kasturi,kumkum were weak???
from which angle they were weak???
Did u see mehir talking in front of tulsi?
Did u see om making decision for parvati?
Did u ever see bajaj or anurag saying sumthing against prerna?
Did u see wadhwa parivar saying anything wrong abt kumkum?

They are not weak at all
actually they are the queen of every serial

Post Reply New Post

Go to top