Questionnaire - "specific reading" - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
    why do you think people read?  for entertainment..to enjoy..for timepass.. what do you do in your free time? watch TV..go on the comp..read books..chat on d fone.. what kind of books do u like to read? novels/newspapers/articles or magazines?why? I like to read fun type of books which are meant for teens. hmm novels i think..because they're just more fun.! what kind of genre do u like? why? hmm romance..which is not too much into the thing! why do you spend more time in that particular activity rather than books? because i find it more fun! approximately how many hours do you spend near books? hmm i dont know it depends if a have a book with me or nt :P any specific author/reporter u have always liked/inspired of?  hmm yeah i like meg cabot's work..she's just amazing..! do you go to libraries? if so why? and how many hours do u spend there/ if not why? yeah i go there..i just borrow books from there..do'nt sit and read..!..n i dont go der much nowadays. Do you think observing is better than reading? hmm not really.
  1. why do you think people nowadays don't rely on books but rather on internet and other media types. because they're in the trend now and they sort of give you more fun and entertainment..and knowledge too..

"Specific reading"
    why do you think people read? so that they can get better at english and literature, for fun, school purposes or because their friend told them to try it sometime. what do you do in your free time?watch tv (cinema), read, go on computer and chat, cook and eat.free time also includes india-forums.   what kind of books do u like to read? novels/newspapers/articles or magazines?why? a variety of all, but love scary novels and latest gossip going around in magazines. what kind of genre do u like? why? horror/romance. why? because these genres come under the Vampire Diaries. =) why do you spend more time in that particular activity rather than books? umm..what activity are we talking about exactly? approximately how many hours do you spend near books? including homework, i guess 2 hours. free time- umm..half-an-hour or so. too much 'tension' if i do both in one day or at once. yikes! any specific author/reporter u have always liked/inspired of? L.J Smith, Stephanie Meyer, R.L. Stine, Laura Dower and many many others- including Dr Seuss and Mr.Brown. do you go to libraries? if so why? and how many hours do u spend there/ if not why? My school library- like every day! during spare blocks, and after school with my friends a.k.a my social/study group. LOL. Do you think observing is better than reading? Absolutely not, because unless you dont read, you dont write or observe. To learn letters is more important that making letters. Did that make sense?
  1. why do you think people nowadays don't rely on books but rather on internet and other media types? Younger people are dominating the country (with population and developing wide spreads) Us people are usually plugged into the outside world. They see what life is like in other countries (like U.S and my Canada). With all the conservative rules and bibles, other literature supplies- they like to change with the 'right' technique- using the source of the net and magazines (cinema)
my answers suck guys; bear with me! hopefully now u guys know more about me. reading is a big part of everyone's life. we just have to discuss more to know that we actually do take reading in a positive way sometimes- and not always negatively. oh..and reading doesnt = studies. it can be used in SO many different ways.

[/QUOTE] Edited by dazzling_sparks - 14 years ago

1. why do you think people read? Because they like it๐Ÿ˜›.
  2. what do you do in your free time? Read books, surf the internet, write stories.
  3. what kind of books do u like to read? novels/newspapers/articles or magazines?why? Novels, i guess they are more interesting.
  4. what kind of genre do u like? why?Mostly Fiction....don't know why just do.
  5. why do you spend more time in that particular activity rather than books? umm...dont get this question, what activity are you talking about?
  6. approximately how many hours do you spend near books? That depends on my school work. If i dont have to study or do any homework, i can spend the whole day reading books.
  7. any specific author/reporter u have always liked/inspired of? I like J.K Rowling...she has a really good imagination
  8. do you go to libraries? if so why? and how many hours do u spend there/ if not why? I don't have many libraries near my house and my school library sucks. but i do spend a lot of time in bookstores if that counts.
  9. Do you think observing is better than reading? Yes, you remember things better.
  10. why do you think people nowadays don't rely on books but rather on internet and other media types? Because it saves time and energy.