Book Talk
Book Talk

India-Forums

Questionnaire - "specific reading"

Delena-cious IF-Sizzlerz
Delena-cious
Delena-cious

Posted: 02 September 2009 at 12:37am | IP Logged
hi friends, i have prepared some few questions i need to work for a survey for my literature project. this is quite easy as it is mostly about reading which i'm sure most of us here love to do it! but anyways, please do answer themBig smile

"Specific reading"
  1. why do you think people read?
  2. what do you do in your free time?
  3. what kind of books do u like to read? novels/newspapers/articles or magazines?why?
  4. what kind of genre do u like? why?
  5. why do you spend more time in that particular activity rather than books?
  6. approximately how many hours do you spend near books?
  7. any specific author/reporter u have always liked/inspired of?
  8. do you go to libraries? if so why? and how many hours do u spend there/ if not why?
  9. Do you think observing is better than reading?
  10. why do you think people nowadays don't rely on books but rather on internet and other media types?

Edited by -Mystery- - 06 October 2009 at 5:22pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MJHT_NLkiron.*Dakoo_Minzy*bones88

bones88 IF-Stunnerz
bones88
bones88

Posted: 02 September 2009 at 2:24am | IP Logged
1. Reading expands your knowledge base at the same time it allows you to become more imaginative ( at least in my caseLOL)

2. In my free time I love to read, make mixes, watch TV, shopping,come to IF Big smile and chat with friends on YM

3. I read a mixture of all, novels to get a taste of the fictional world- magazines for gossips- newspapers to be updated with the world we are living in and articles for gaining that extra knowledge like the times magazine.

4. To be honest I love reading newspapers

5. Cause I get the newspaper on a daily bases rather than a book which i might pick up once in a month from the library

6. CountlessssssssssssLOL

7. U and Nicolas SparksBlushing u both are my inspiration and I loveee reading the workBig smile

8. I go when I get time.. when i was in Uni i would be there everyday maximum for 5 hours... now its only once a week about 3 hours.

9. Both have their pros and cons

10. Technology has changed the world drastically, with the rapid lifestyles we will,  people want to use mediums that are quicker.

Twinooo really enjoyed ur questionsHug Hope my answers can provide some insight into your researchEmbarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Delena-cious

ammygurl IF-Dazzler
ammygurl
ammygurl

Posted: 03 September 2009 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by siya..

hi friends, i have prepared some few questions i need to work for a survey for my literature project. this is quite easy as it is mostly about reading which i'm sure most of us here love to do it! but anyways, please do answer themBig smile

"Specific reading"
  1. why do you think people read? books...hehehe...Umm..people I know read more of non fiction.
  2. what do you do in your free time? listen to songs and read books.
  3. what kind of books do u like to read? novels/newspapers/articles or magazines?why? I like novels and magazines..=)..I like romantic books...love them.
  4. what kind of genre do u like? why? Romantic...I am hopelessly romantic...I think thats why.
  5. why do you spend more time in that particular activity rather than books? yes...listening songs.
  6. approximately how many hours do you spend near books? all of my time. I am aspiring to be a journalist...
  7. any specific author/reporter u have always liked/inspired of? nope.
  8. do you go to libraries? if so why? and how many hours do u spend there/ if not why? I cant go to the libraries...There aren't any libraries here where I reside...I love the library scenario but..hmmphh..!!
  9. Do you think observing is better than reading? yeah..Intellect can be achieved by observing..=)
  10. why do you think people nowadays don't rely on books but rather on internet and other media types? yes...Ofcourse...the media hype is worse than anticipated...people now a days don't like reading books but they are turning to e-books...hard copy of a book has its own charm..and smell...Which appeals the most to me..!!

Delena-cious

missindia26 IF-Rockerz
missindia26
missindia26

Posted: 03 September 2009 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
    why do you think people read? because most books are interesting and it's nice to lose yourself in another person's life, also it makes you vocab wider what do you do in your free time? go out shopping or 2 cinema or park, listen to songs, read books, go on FB/ IF/ Msn, watch TV
    what kind of books do u like to read? novels/newspapers/articles or magazines?why? novels, sometimes magazines
    what kind of genre do u like? why? Lots - mystery, horror/thriller, romance especially chick flicks as they're usually funny too why do you spend more time in that particular activity rather than books? sorry im confused which activity?
    approximately how many hours do you spend near books? erm a lot all day at school with textbooks and about an hour in the evening
    any specific author/reporter u have always liked/inspired of? Jodi Picoult do you go to libraries? if so why? and how many hours do u spend there/ if not why? Not much, maybe once a month to get books, i don;t spend long, only about 15 mins as I'd rather read at home than in there
    Do you think observing is better than reading? Sometimes, it's more accurate
  1. why do you think people nowadays don't rely on books but rather on internet and other media types? they find it more convenient and it's probably cheaper, i guess

Hope I helped =D

Delena-cious

Apsara. IF-Dazzler

Chit Chat Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 03 September 2009 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
-Precious IF-Dazzler
-Precious
-Precious

Posted: 04 September 2009 at 2:14am | IP Logged

"Specific reading"
why do you think people read?

To enjoy...Big smile

what do you do in your free time?

READINGLOL

what kind of books do u like to read? novels/newspapers/articles or magazines?why?

Mostly interested in novels...sometimes read magazines and trying to make a habit of reading the newspaperEmbarrassed

what kind of genre do u like? why?

Mystery novels mostly..big fan of them

why do you spend more time in that particular activity rather than books?

(i didn't get this question)

approximately how many hours do you spend near books?

If its an interesting novel i have to read then i won't stop until its finished!

any specific author/reporter u have always liked/inspired of?

Two autors i really like: J.K Rowling and Stephanie Meyer

do you go to libraries? if so why? and how many hours do u spend there/ if not why?

No actually i don't but only because i may not get time. also i'm more comfy reading books in my bedBig smile

Do you think observing is better than reading?

why do you think people nowadays don't rely on books but rather on internet and other media types?

Delena-cious

*Dakoo_Minzy* IF-Sizzlerz
*Dakoo_Minzy*
*Dakoo_Minzy*

Posted: 04 September 2009 at 4:28am | IP Logged

"Specific reading"
1.why do you think people read?
People read because it gives them a special feeling.It is like moving to another world.'Escapism' won't be the wrong word to describe the same.Reading helps our imagination take newer heights and we become creative.

2.what do you do in your free time?
Most of the time I engage myself 'reading'.Well,all the time I'll be having my Music system playing some soothing Music!

3.what kind of books do u like to read? novels/newspapers/articles or magazines?why?
 First I look at the Summary of the Book,if it succeeds in capturing my interest,I'll be off to Read the Book.Particularly I prefer to read Newspapers and Articles.In short If i have to chose between a Book and the day's newspaper,I'll shoot for the Newspaper.

4.what kind of genre do u like? why?
I go for Journalist works,they seem to attract my interest to a great extent.I like adventure,mystery filled books the most.Autobiographical are my most favourite one's.

5.why do you spend more time in that particular activity rather than books?
Which activity? Sorry,cannot seem to get your point clearly.

6.approximately how many hours do you spend near books?
Approximately 1-2 hours daily.While I take breaks from my Study Table,I get my mind fresh by going through some literary works.

7.any specific author/reporter u have always liked/inspired of?
J.K.Rowlings,She inspired me a lot.

8.do you go to libraries? if so why? and how many hours do u spend there/ if not why?
 Yes,i regularly go to Library.I do have a mini library at home.But,i prefer to keep myself updated about the various pieces at the Public Library.

9.Do you think observing is better than reading?
Well,I feel both are equally important.

10.why do you think people nowadays don't rely on books but rather on internet and other media types?
They haven't understood the special 'feeling and the indescribable Pleasure' that one gets on reading a book. So they go for trash items.

Delena-cious

-Mystery- IF-Veteran Member
-Mystery-
-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 4:22pm | IP Logged

"Specific reading"
  1. why do you think people read?
People read for various reasons.  Some read merely to pass time, others to get something out of the books, to learn something, some people read to improve their vocabulary and grammar.  And others just read for mere fun.
  1. what do you do in your free time?
A lot of things from reading to writing to listening to music to dancing to watching TV etc. etc.
  1. what kind of books do u like to read? novels/newspapers/articles or magazines?why?
Mostly novels because I kind of like to connect to the characters and read about the characters that could potentially be real people.  I also read articles especially if they are editorials because I like to know what kind of opinions are out there in the world.
  1. what kind of genre do u like? why?
Any genre is fine... I tend to stay away from romantic novels though, I don't know why just not my thing.  Coming of age novels are interesting and a whole lot others as well.
  1. why do you spend more time in that particular activity rather than books?
Well, I think I do spend quite a lot of time in books but variety is the spice of life.  As much as I love reading I can't do that 24/7 especially when I love dancing, writing as much.
  1. approximately how many hours do you spend near books?
You mean just books, right? Could be textbooks too? Or just the novels? Overall, I think I spend a good 8-10 hours around books including textbooks.
  1. any specific author/reporter u have always liked/inspired of?
A lot of them.  I like J.K. Rowling.  Dan Brown is a good author also Gabrielle Zevin, Sue Monk Kidd, Jodi Foster are brilliant!
  1. do you go to libraries? if so why? and how many hours do u spend there/ if not why?
I usually go to libraries to sign out books and then I come home to my room to read.
  1. Do you think observing is better than reading?
Observing what? I'm a bit confused here.  You mean observing the world? Yeah it's a good idea we all have to do that but reading is just as important.  You can observe something happening but the more you read about it the more informed you will be.
  1. why do you think people nowadays don't rely on books but rather on internet and other media types?
I guess it's because you get answers/information you are looking for easily over the internet.  If I'm doing some research on the 1900 writers, I can just google it and get my answers within minutes whereas going to the libraries, looking for the related books, and looking within them might take up to hours.

I hope this helps, Siya! Big smile

-Mahi

Go to top