Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Style patrol with Shilpa Shetty

*~Sapna~* IF-Rockerz
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 27 January 2005 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
Style patrol with Shilpa Shetty

By IndiaFM News Bureau, January 27th, 2005 - 0930 hrs IST

It's been 10 years in Bollywood but the lady continues to march with the best bod in showbiz. Shilpa Shetty introduced Bollywood to never ending legs, handspan waist and an hourglass figure. In a casual chat with Shilpa, the actress with the brightest smile in Bollywood tells us about her travel from a bushy hair, thick brow, garish makeup wannabe to being Bollywood's leading style icon.

But its tough to listen to hear among her infectious giggle…

"Less is more"

"…is what Manish used to tell me time and again". That was Shilpa telling us about her journey from gawky to gorgeous. Manish was the person who used to drill into me the 'no-junk' look. I am so much of a jewellery person that I used to love lording up junk" she gives her bigmouth smile. "But Manish used to constantly goad me to go low on accessories. 'Less is more, Shilpa' I remember him saying."

We pick on her gawky look and loud makeup when she stepped into Bollywood. "Oh yes, I remember" she giggles. "I wonder how I survived so long! But know what, I come from chaste middle class where I couldn't to splurge on grooming" she reasons. "Its only when I came into films that I got to travel a lot and that's when you pick up a Harpers or a Vogue. And you learn such a lot…" Shilpa excites.

"I am a genetic wonder!"

So now that she can afford a leisure life, what is her style maxim and would it have been any different from her modest start? "Well, style to me is very innate. It can be nurtured but not put on" she takes a clear stand. And what about her va-va-voom figure? What is the gym tonic that she prescribes for those cool curves? "That I would have to admit, I am genetically blessed" and there is a burst of giggles. "I hate dieting. Neither can I curb my eating habits. I love having my mousse but I am careful not to overdo it. I even allow myself the occasional binging…but exercise is a must with me. I never ever miss out on my workouts" Her sculpted frame asserts her statement to the fullest.

We compliment her on her discreet look in Phir Milenge. "Hey, thanks. The character of Tamanna was a lot of elegance and dignity. The look stemmed from the character. So you saw a lot of whites, creams and pastels" she fondly recollects her Phir Milenge outfits. But the real metamorphosis happened with Dhadkan, right? "That's right. Manish totally changed my look in Dhadkan and that I think has rubbed off my personal life wardrobe too," Shetty laughs.

"I have a masculine, boisterous look in Dus"

Her short crop look in Deepak Tijori's forthcoming film, Khamosh seems interesting, we point…"Oh yes. I have a daringly different look. It's exciting to sample different looks. Dus is something that has got me equally excited," adds Shilpa. And what look is she sporting? "I am playing a masculine, boisterous character in the film. I simply enjoy re-inventing with my looks"

"I don't want people to think I am a filmy!"

Shetty's real life look is for all to see. But her off-screen look is what interests us. Shilpa is seen in a lot of saris these days. Bollywood's best pair of legs isn't supposed to be wrapped up tight, we tease. "After a full-throated laugh, Shilpa attempts to answer our query. "I don't want people to think that Shilpa wears short skirts in films and here she comes yet again in a small number! I don't want people to think I am a filmy. Besides, its not a conscious effort, but my clothes don't rise above knee length in real life" she states.

Rocky S is a big favorite on the Shetty list, is what our research throws up. That's right, Rocky is unbelievably talented," she croons. And whom does she look up to for style tips? "Manish it has to be. He has seen me grow and emerge. And is blatantly honest with his criticism" the sexy lass knits her brow. "But when he calls me up to say that he liked what I wore for a particular occasion, I am on an all-time high" Shetty says flashing her trademark, her uninhibited smile…

abladabla Senior Member
abladabla
abladabla

Posted: 27 January 2005 at 4:54pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing
sweetyvk Senior Member
sweetyvk
sweetyvk

Posted: 28 January 2005 at 11:07am | IP Logged
thanks for the article
_anonymous Goldie
_anonymous