Debate Mansion

Should homosexual parents be allowed to adopt? (Page 14)

Post Reply New Post

Page 14 of 14

Page 1 Page 13
Page   of 14

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 10 September 2009 at 2:10am | IP Logged
well I ve seen some children brought up by female relatives as parents were away due to job restarints. Child didnt have any probs. i ve also seen some fathers more caring then mothers . So gender by itself shud be no prob. orphans do have a hard life. adoption wud give them better life even if its by a homosexual couple. The child wud feel loved, needed & accepted & gave opportunities for better  education & other opprtn

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should homosexual parents be allowed to adopt? (Page 14)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

iTangled_25

IF-Stunnerz

iTangled_25

Posted: 13 September 2009 at 4:39am | IP Logged
They can adopt if there is a mutual understanding, why not?

But the idea of homosexuality itself gives me creeps, i know its legalized and India is democratic and all that, but even freedom has a limitStern Smile

Eventide

Eventide

Posted: 13 September 2009 at 6:49am | IP Logged
It would be politically correct to say 'Yes, why not'. But I am against the idea.

The child needs a condusive environment to grown up in. Having two dads or two moms may confuse an impressionable child regarding a family structure. Yes, most families may have a single parent. But, here the child is aware of the family structure. What is abnormal for rest of the world may seem normal for the child.

It is not an easy world to live in. The child would be an object of ridicule. Either the child may become withdrawn or a rebel.

If a homosexual couple does want adopt and help out an orphan, why not sponsor the child.

iTangled_25

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 13 September 2009 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _DrEaM_

i have a homosexual classmate a guy...

when i have such people around me as friend or classmate i tend to start understanding indeed they are no different from us except their sexual interest .... they are still caring people....so i guess they should be allowed to adopt children as long as they are willing to fulfill their duties of being a parent....

yet, i guess to certain extend it's a difficult situation for them to care and love a child when both of them are of the same gender....both will act as mother or father....so the child would still be lacking the love of one parent despite having two if you get what i am saying....maybe this will trigger some development problem in the kid too....it's just like thinking of single parent kids....something similar ....

however.....for some kids who are orphans it's still a good idea to have parent whether both are of same gender or not....

i know my view is confusing but yea...that is what i would say hehe

dream

homosexuals are folks who couldnt get a bearing on their sexuality.... like pschizophrenics...or some other with Psycho illnesses... the  reason for not handing over children to them is the same....Smile

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 13 September 2009 at 10:11am | IP Logged
I like your approach... Even I'd go that way, because after all, it is a debate!!...

On one hand, am totally for the idea... I don't feel homosexuals should be restricted in any way... I mean come on, it is far far far better for a child on the streets to get a decent, probably luxurious life style with guardians rather than a debate on whether he should have two dads, two mums, or a dad and a mum... The child's asking for a home guys, get him that first!!!... Or are you too up there in the legislative system with a high earning salary not to realize how bad he needs a decent meal?? That's definitely something to ponder on...

On the other hand, not from a psychologist's POV, but from the child's itself, there'll be a time when he'll go into society as a child, a student in school etc... And end up realizing his parents are not like others... Indeed very much different! So what happens then?

I still feel though that anything can be resolved by talking it out... If the parents explain to their kid that they are unusual from the moment he starts to understand things, I am damn sure he'll grasp everything right... He may seem uncomfortable at first, but he'll understand... He'll definitely understand...

Also, homosexuals HAVE proven to be better parents than most normal working parents couples around the world by recent studies... The more you deprive someone of something, the more he works to get to it... The same happens with them... Because it is increasingly difficult for them not only to find their identity, but to support children according to the social "norms", they take better care of the chances they get, value them more... Who doesn't see the logic there is a fool and that's it!!

However, I won't deny, that I do sometimes ask myself whether subconsciously and irrevsersibly there can be a difference in the upbringing, and more interestingly, what it would be... Does the child grow up with different approach to issues or things, is everything the same at the end, or which one is better? But only someone who's gone through both is capable of answering that, which is theoretically at least, not possible so... ;)

Cheers,
Sneha

Beyond_the_Veil

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 13 September 2009 at 10:41am | IP Logged
best way to bring up a child wud be to encourage him/her to think out things for himself without trying to thrust ur own idealogies on him.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top