Can NRIs be really like Veer?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
Can NRIs have vision like Veer? cherish so much indian values, don't see india's dust and dirt but opportunity to work for human kind and above all treat everyone with respect and dignity...
first of all veer just went to U.S. for his master degree so, all his 21 year of life  he spend with his family just 2 years he went for his sutdy.  i don't think you just forget your deep root in 2 years but i have seen so many people behaving like they haven't been to india for years even if they have only lived out side india for just one year.

to answer your question about NRI's thinking about indian values  the way veer sees them all i can say is how deep is your root inside of you in you mind and thinking, i have lived in U.S. for so many years but still love india and have not forgot the things i have learn or was taught by my family or the sociaty i lived in, still to this day i visit india almost every year and alway go visit all may relatives all over gujrat, my parent never let us forget our root and who we are and i thank them for that, there are so many NRI's that despit not coming to india very often still have the love and passionate about the culture they don't think about dust or dirt at  all they see  how wonderful we have our culture and dharm that teach us kind to all living creatures  and then there are so many NRI's just think about bad thing about india how wonderful the western culture is.

but all said and done no metter what and how the NRI behaves in fron of inidan people it all come down to this "YOU CAN TAKE MAN OUT OF INDIA BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE INDIA OUT OF MAN"

Thanks for your comments. Totally agree. All NRIS try to create India around themselves wherever they go, it is just like people miss india, and cherish all indian values, but .... I think in US what I like that even people on high posts will clean their dishes themselves in office, treat even blue collars with respect. but we kind of miss learning that part ( again talking of majority ), and behave as superiors beings. It's easy to say but sometimes hard  to respect everyone with equality (irrespective of cast creed, social status and bank balance). mostly noticed wealthier people are treated better, and may be that's the reason for too much show off in society, anyway don't mean to look down anyone, just had interesting discussions re this in my circle and majority thinks veer is extreme potray ...

The reason people are treated equal in U.S. is because there is bill called equal   opportunity employment  that   mean that whoever  work for any company should not be discriminate   they should be treated equally regarding  any kind of work they do from top to bottom they all have to be treated equally or someone can sue  them so, it is by law they treat them nice.  Just ask the minority people like black, Hispanic and even Indian there so, many prejudice going on here too but in India they express the feeling right in front of law class people which is  very bad thing to do.  Even half of American are still not ready for the black president.    

hey nice topic u said ther..

But i would definitely like to make a point here..
People who go abroad becomes more rooted towards their culture.. because that's what they dont find there.. and people oftenly value those things that they dont have..

Being myself an NRI I know this.. and this is true.. Veer behaving like this completely natural..!!

Luv
Tiya
I do agree with you that they are portraying veer's character too far being goody too  shoe.  In reality people are nice but they  just go too far to create nice and gentle character.  Also in reality I don't think someone work as maid is adopted to be part of family or their child is called just like their daughter or son.  But there are so many people like jogi thakur who are good at heart and live by their ethics.  In this show we are shown a social issue of a maid and the treatment of his or her live