Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

syrene

Goldie

syrene

Posted: 06 November 2005 at 4:34am | IP Logged
how and when will female infanticide stop in india?
i am from kerala and we have a matriachial system here, the birth of a baby girl is a an occasssion for joy as she is the one who will carry the family blood foward..
so i really cannot understand this fixation for boys even among the educated people in some of the other states where i have been... i dont want to name them so as to not hurt any ones sentiments....
but the concept is so hideous i feel that our government is not doing enough to prevent it .... do u think the recent measures like free education for single girl child is actually going to make a diference???
this is a serious topic i would love as many responses as possible ...PLEASE

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "poor baby girls" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sweet freedom

IF-Dazzler

sweet freedom

Posted: 06 November 2005 at 9:20am | IP Logged
i agree with u, it should stop butno one knows wen it will stop, hopefully soon though.

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 06 November 2005 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by goth princess

i agree with u, it should stop butno one knows wen it will stop, hopefully soon though.
agree with her totallyTongue

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 06 November 2005 at 11:05am | IP Logged

Originally posted by winnie_pooh

how and when will female infanticide stop in india?
i am from kerala and we have a matriachial system here, the birth of a baby girl is a an occasssion for joy as she is the one who will carry the family blood foward..
so i really cannot understand this fixation for boys even among the educated people in some of the other states where i have been... i dont want to name them so as to not hurt any ones sentiments....
but the concept is so hideous i feel that our government is not doing enough to prevent it .... do u think the recent measures like free education for single girl child is actually going to make a diference???
this is a serious topic i would love as many responses as possible ...PLEASE

I agree with you! I am very disturbed about this topic because so many female fetuses are aborted every year, not just in India, but Pakistan, Nepal, and China as well! And many female infants are killed too! It is hideous and sad! This is the 21st century, a girl is capable of fighting for her rights and accomplishing whatever she desires. Some other reasons why girls are killed is because of the ever disgusting dowry system. Parents don't want to pay for the wedding so they kill the female children. UgggghhhhDeadAngry!!! How hideous!! Can't the grooms side help too? I thinkl free education should be offered so these girls get a chance to live and the dowry system be banned. The dowry system isn't really all that bad but many grooms and their family abuse it and demand too much , ths putting the bride at a tight spot. This is another reason why girls are kiled! Hopefully this helps the problem a little bit, but there is still so much to do and enforce. Stopping the killing of baby girls isn't a problem that will be solved quickly I am afraid. And it is sad because many girls are still being killed. I think sever punishment should be enforced on parents who abort female babies and kill female children. Just my views!

( By the Winnie_Pooh I love your name and avatarWink Big smile)

~Monica~

sweet freedom

IF-Dazzler

sweet freedom

Posted: 06 November 2005 at 11:37am | IP Logged
monica, have u ever thought of being a lawyer, cos u would would make a gr8 one

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 06 November 2005 at 8:19pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by goth princess

monica, have u ever thought of being a lawyer, cos u would would make a gr8 one

LOLzz I actually plan on going on to Medical or Law school LOLzz! Thanks though! I would love to experience being a lawyer!Big smile 

syrene

Goldie

syrene

Posted: 06 November 2005 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
thanx folks for u'r replies esp u monica Clap ...good spirited reply
dont see many guys worried about it though maybe thats the root of the problem... i guess they will begin to wake up only when there aren't any girls left to marry and a situation as potrayed in mathrubhoomi-- the movie, arises----- i hope to god it doesn!
we need more men to spread the word against dowry as indian me are never ever ever going to listen to what a woman says Angry

lakshmi_maruthi

Goldie

lakshmi_maruthi

Posted: 07 November 2005 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
This is indeed a very good topic and I would like to congratulate Winnie_pooh for bringing it up. Also some really good comments from Monica. Clap Clap Clap

Even though it does sound disgusting, it is very a fact that it still previals in the above countries even after so many years. The trend is changing but maybe not fast enough. Education is a key to this. But I know of cases where education doesn't make any difference. It is basically the viewpoint of the people that needs to be changed, one family at a time.

Why is a girl child killed?
1. Parents have to spend for her wedding.
2. Parents have to give dowry.
3. Parents are always worried about her safety. If a boy is out late it is ok but a girl is not safe outside. Why? It is the society we live in.

It is my feeling that the differenciatation started with GOD himself. Tear me to pieces, but while one side being a mother makes a woman divine, it is also this fear that which makes the girl a burden to the parents. Anyway, I think I am getting too serious here, but then this is such a topic. Sorry if I have said something that hurts.

regards

Post Reply New Post

Go to top