Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Fardeen Khan Interview

"We have been friends for over 8-9 years now. It would be a treat to work with her. For me, she is the number one actor."

Tell us what the movie, Life Partner is all about

It's a romantic comedy. In a nutshell, it's a film about, finding a balance, a right state of happiness, true happiness with your life partner.

Let's talk about your role in the movie

I play a character of Karan, he is a contemporary guy who works in a bank. He loves life, he is doing well at work. He is with somebody that he loves and wants to settle down with. He is a positive guy, when you see him, you get a positive energy, he is someone who keeps you always interested with his jokes, he is a positive, fun guy who loves life.

Is this role similar to your personality?

There's a bit of me in every character that I play. But, no, it is in no way similar to my life, I do not work for a bank! But ya, I'm a positive, fun loving person, so in that aspect, yes.

Working with Genelia

I had a lot of fun working with her. She had become the baby doll of our unit. She has got this innocence; she has got this wonderful energy about her. As an actor, she is extremely easy to work with, no hang ups, no issues about anything, she is very co-operative. I enjoyed myself, I have really, really good memories.

You have done so many movies with Urmila Matondkar. So who is better, Urmila or Genelia?

I have done my 2nd, 3rd, 4th movie with hersomewhere in that order. I've done many movies with her. She is a professional. We have been friends for over 8-9 years now. It would be a treat to work with her. For me, she is the number one actor.

Any upcoming movies with Urmila ?

No, nothing for now, nothing in the pipeline.

How is Prachi Desai, she has hit the silver screens from television industry ?

She is a very talented girl, extremely talented actress. I didn't have many scenes with her, but the few scenes that we did together; she did really well in them. She is very confident and the incredible thing about her is that the way she switches. In person she is very different, very young and very girlish and then suddenly she changes and becomes this mature, balanced girl, which is her role in the movie.

The movie release got postponed and with piracy around, do you think your movie will gain a good business?

That's a disease, which has plagued the industry. Everybody in the industry needs to lobby harder to come up with rules such that people don't indulge in piracy. I would also like to appeal to the people that piracy is steal, you are literally stealing someone's income, so please don't follow it.

Release with a big movie, Kaminey. Any insecurity?

Not at all. Kaminey has got its own hype. But we don't consider Life Partner a small movie. It may have not received all the hype like Kaminey. But it's definitely got its own USP and is way up there with Kaminey. I wish both films to do well. Shahid is a great actor, Vishal is a talented director and UTV is one of the top companies today and when all of this comes together, it's definitely exciting. I myself want to see Kaminey. But at the same time, I would not take anything away from Life Partner. I know, the buzz may not be much in Mumbai but the buzz generated by it all over the country is well. And also I know there is enough room for both the films to do well so there is no need to be insecure.

Shahid Kapoor's transformation is much talked about. When will we get to see a fresh or a macho look of Fardeen like toned body and all?

Well, I am at a stage where I want to do some action, some interesting stuff, something that excites me. In my upcoming movie Acid Factory I have done some action, it's an action thriller. Let me talk about it at the right time.

Future Projects

All The Best, Kurbani, Dulha Mil Gaya, Acid Factory

Future plans- Any offers from Karan Johar or Yash Raj?

At present, no offers from them. But yes, I would definitely like to work with them. Especially with Karan Johar, he is a director who I would really, really like to work. I have seen him, I know his work ethic, he is all passionate about films, I am really very keen to work with him.

You have done comic roles in many movies, say like No Entry and yet again in this one. What kind of roles are you looking forward to?

I wouldn't call Life Partner a comic role, he is a jovial kind of guy and not comic. I would say Govinda and Tusshar are more comic. But yes, there are funny situations in the movie. I love movies. I love cinema. I don't want to restrict myself with a particular role. I am as comfortable doing comedy, as I am comfortable doing drama.

sorry if posted before

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ifyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
ohh😳😳 i always thought he looked best with urmila... 😛😛Edited by ify101 - 14 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Urmila is the best actress in my opinion
mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
urmila is a fabulous actress!! and shes an absolute stunner....she looks good with fardeen too....they looked adorable in jungle...

i thut he onli had 2 movies with her, jungle and pyar tune kya kiya....wat were the others??  
Originally posted by: srk_lover

urmila is a fabulous actress!! and shes an absolute stunner....she looks good with fardeen too....they looked adorable in jungle...

i thut he onli had 2 movies with her, jungle and pyar tune kya kiya....wat were the others??  

bhoot (he played the villian)
Terenaina thumbnail
pyar tune kya kiya - amazing movie by the best actresss ever urmila.... I love that movie. She plays these type of characters perfectly.

he had a special appearance in bhoot right?   I think Urmila overshadows fardeen when they do movies together, the focus is on her
Originally posted by: Terenaina

pyar tune kya kiya - amazing movie by the best actresss ever urmila.... I love that movie. She plays these type of characters perfectly.

he had a special appearance in bhoot right?   I think Urmila overshadows fardeen when they do movies together, the focus is on her

she is doing again a thriller GULEL with farhan and ranbir...and today sahara samay ppl said tht urmila will be paired opposite ranbir....😲😳😳...and then bipasha...if its really true...i cant wait😃😃
Terenaina thumbnail
Originally posted by: Human_Torch

she is doing again a thriller GULEL with farhan and ranbir...and today sahara samay ppl said tht urmila will be paired opposite ranbir....😲😳😳...and then bipasha...if its really true...i cant wait😃😃

Ranbir is being paired with all my favorite actresses😆

I love it when she does thriller movies⭐️ which urmila movie is your fav?
Originally posted by: Terenaina

Ranbir is being paired with all my favorite actresses😆

I love it when she does thriller movies⭐️ which urmila movie is your fav?

well she took my heart by running on the beach 14 years back😳😳😳 so her every movie is my favourite...

apart yes jungle, kaun, (superb act) Bhoot, Pyaar Tune...and Who can Forget Ek hasina Thi and yes Naina was also a very good movie....😳
Terenaina thumbnail
awww she is really good in every movie she does. I'm a fan of her.  My favorite movies are Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya and Ek hasina Thi