invite only chat club-permission to access? - Page 4

Poll

should invite only chat clubs be restricted only to members?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: mango

oh and something i should have mentioned before....i doubt its even possible...and if it is...then i am guessing its really hard to do...

With the current BB coding (or phpBB but I'm sure it's the former) on IF, I don't think it's possible to keep other members from specific topic (in this case, the invite only chat club or whatever that is). The "Members only" tag that is already implemented can keep people who aren't members of IF away but it doesn't work for those who are members. I'm not sure that  the "Members only" tag can be further modified, though. You'd need a unique collective group or "status" (e.g. Viewbie, Goldie, IF-Dazzler etc.) for every invite only chat club to allow only members of that chat club access to their topic. Even then, I'm not sure you can do that for a topic - because you can do it for a section/sub-forum - on a personal home page Bulletin Board-/Bulletin Board-coded forum like IF.
psycho_angel thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ShadowKisses

With the current BB coding (or phpBB but I'm sure it's the former) on IF, I don't think it's possible to keep other members from specific topic (in this case, the invite only chat club or whatever that is). The "Members only" tag that is already implemented can keep people who aren't members of IF away but it doesn't work for those who are members. I'm not sure that  the "Members only" tag can be further modified, though. You'd need a unique collective group or "status" (e.g. Viewbie, Goldie, IF-Dazzler etc.) for every invite only chat club to allow only members of that chat club access to their topic. Even then, I'm not sure you can do that for a topic - because you can do it for a section/sub-forum - on a personal home page Bulletin Board-/Bulletin Board-coded forum like IF.

i dont understand much of these technical details about coding coz im not a tecchie,but if it is not possible to do it,in that case,can some new rules be implemented on the cc section by the mods that anyone quoting from the ccs on another forum/cc or reporting posts from an "invite only" cc which they arent part of or posting in that cc gets reported?somehow it makes it more valid if this rule is introduced by the moderators.we are sick of this stalker problem and would love to have some help on this matter
Originally posted by: mango

guys sorry if i am not understanding this properly....but seriously...what top secret things will you be discussing there??...how does it matter if someone else sees it....it's not like they know who you are (in real) and they'll go tell on you or something

from what i remember....chat clubs were opened so that members could go and talk about random stuff there....which would be considered spam on other sections...

and if you are seriously (argh!...i need to stop watching grey's anatomy!) talking about something you don't want anyone else to read....well then use PMs i guess....or MSN or yahoo or AIM....

Yeah i agree with you there but i am just against people randomly popping in and reporting. Like you said its for random chit chat yeah? So as we AREN'T allowed to criticise a show/actor in the forum itself so should we not be able to do that in CC section withouit the fear of getting Warning Level? By no mean if the discussion is over top, e.g contains foul and abusive language, than Mods should jump in and intervene but if its not than we should be able to discuss anything we like even make fun of an actor, its only for fun right? If the STALKERS/FAN GIRLS don't like our chat than they shouldn't visit it, SIMPLE AS... its not rocket science is it?

Bascially we just want the freedom to actuallly talk about anything we like. I am sure the topic maker is also trying to imply that point.

EDIT: Thanks once again for being the only Mod/Viewbie to reply :)

Edited by kickass1 - 14 years ago
psycho_angel thumbnail
heres a poll on the chat club started by the section moderator.unfortunately,for some reason,the poll didnt work,but the comments of the members on this thread clearly indicate the need for isolated invite only chat-clubs

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1234088

edit : another important related poll..please take a look at this:
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1238475
Edited by mjhtac - 14 years ago
preethis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
ya there should be some privacy for invites only chat clubb.. please mods do take some steps for this..
spiritcrimson thumbnail
You are ABSOLUTELY right. There are lot of stalkers who feel offended since we have the freedom to discuss anything and everything on our respected CC, and they have nothing better to do than to crib, complain, get offended and the just unnecessarily report posts and use CCs to prove their point on general Forums. That is NOT fair. We demand our privacy. We don't want non-members stalking in on our privacy. Please MODS, take this into consideration.
psycho_angel thumbnail
the cc mods have implemented some new rules in the section.im glad all our opinions are being taken into consideration