invite only chat club-permission to access? - Page 3

Poll

should invite only chat clubs be restricted only to members?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nehlove thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Thanks for this topic Adi... I really hope the admin does something about this... When people make a new topic on IF CC they should have the option.. Invites Only... Open for all... And then the topic starter can click on one of those... And for Invites Only... The names of the members should be typed in like a "buddy list" so only THOSE members can access it.. Edited by nehlove - 14 years ago
psycho_angel thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nehlove

Thanks for this topic Adi... I really hope the admin does something about this... When people make a new topic on IF they should have the option.. Invites Only... Open for all... And then the topic starter can click on one of those... And for Invites Only... The names of the members should be typed in like a "buddy list" so only THOSE member can access it..

thanx for posting in it,neha...im not a tecchie myself,but what u say makes sense...and when we want to invite a member to the cc,we can simply add their name to the list,so they can access the cc ..of course,mods can access it anytime
Originally posted by: Steff_DMG

Specially when they don't even know whats going on and only assume what we are talking and it could b totally opposite

I wanna kno how many stalkers know the meaning of stalking or stalkers and i hope they kno they are being termed one !
😳

totallyy!!!
mango thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
guys sorry if i am not understanding this properly....but seriously...what top secret things will you be discussing there??...how does it matter if someone else sees it....it's not like they know who you are (in real) and they'll go tell on you or something

from what i remember....chat clubs were opened so that members could go and talk about random stuff there....which would be considered spam on other sections...

and if you are seriously (argh!...i need to stop watching grey's anatomy!) talking about something you don't want anyone else to read....well then use PMs i guess....or MSN or yahoo or AIM....
mango thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
oh and something i should have mentioned before....i doubt its even possible...and if it is...then i am guessing its really hard to do...
kchaims thumbnail
Originally posted by: mango

oh and something i should have mentioned before....i doubt its even possible...and if it is...then i am guessing its really hard to do...

thnxs 4 lettin us knw diiπŸ˜›actually we spend most of d tym here in IF nd nt in yahoo nd al.nd its really difficult to PM a group nd chat through private messenger..thnthe chat clubs wil b a waste ryt?...nd it is a bit ..no a big problem 4 us tht we r nt allowed to tlk freely...its nt som top shecret ...bt sumthings wich r fun for us r considered bashin by others nd they often report our cc..so its bttr ..to giv a bit of privacy to avoid som fights πŸ˜›πŸ˜³
hope it dint offend u..πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by daffodils.dudu - 14 years ago
psycho_angel thumbnail

guys sorry if i am not understanding this properly....but seriously...what top secret things will you be discussing there??...how does it matter if someone else sees it....it's not like they know who you are (in real) and they'll go tell on you or something

from what i remember....chat clubs were opened so that members could go and talk about random stuff there....which would be considered spam on other sections...

and if you are seriously (argh!...i need to stop watching grey's anatomy!) talking about something you don't want anyone else to read....well then use PMs i guess....or MSN or yahoo or AIM....

hi mango..thanx for taking out time to read and post here.lets just say we are discussing an episode of the latest show,and laughing our heads off at how much the show has degraded from what it was originally.some fan of the show,who loves every episode,decides to take out their personal vendetta for not agreeing to their views about the show,and report the post.it happens,quite a few number of times.in fact,its a little tiresome to post politically correct statements on the ccs at times.one way or the other,the posts might offend a section of the fan group.most of the moderators we know are cool with it,since we are not fighting amongst ourselves or flaming for that matter.let me just say that we stopped posting our opinions on the main forum and resorted to the chat clubs for this very reason.how would anyone feel if  we have a moderator's note next day asking us not to discuss other shows on the chat clubs?the worst case happened with another chat club i know.these stalkers actually pressed on the like button before reporting the posts.πŸ˜†.just to let them know that they were being stalked.if u read dudu's post on the first page,it says that one of them reads the post...then invites their friend,who takes a look at the "offensive" post...then they collectively pm the mods and report the posts.can we just have some rule in which no person is allowed to report posts from a cc  /post on the cc on which they are not a member?please?

as for the personal stuff, i really need to edit out some of my previous posts in which iv unwittingly given out my age,profession,etc etc.. *sigh*
Edited by mjhtac - 14 years ago
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

It is not about concealing 'Secret things', it is about not wanting other people to stalk our CC. The feeling is familiar to a sense of foreboding when someone peeks inside your home. We simply wish to not feel that. Trust me, I don't think someone here will disagree with me when I say that we have alot of stalkers. Stalking seems to have become the hottest pass time activity.

If transparency is valued so much, let me ask you a question - Why is the Moderators/Viewbies section restricted ? Don't the members deserve to know how you all function? Afterall, your decisions have a direct effect on IF members.

Coming back to the topic, like I said before, Mods will have access to the all Invite only CCs, so they can keep an eye on the members, and the front page will be accessible to everyone so they can see who to PM incase they wish to be members. I think it's fair enough.

Only a suggestion though :)
psycho_angel thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Neetz-

It is not about concealing 'Secret things', it is about not wanting other people to stalk our CC. The feeling is familiar to a sense of foreboding when someone peeks inside your home. We simply wish to not feel that. Trust me, I don't think someone here will disagree with me when I say that we have alot of stalkers. Stalking seems to have become the hottest pass time activity.

If transparency is valued so much, let me ask you a question - Why is the Moderators/Viewbies section restricted ? Don't the members deserve to know how you all function? Afterall, your decisions have a direct effect on IF members.

Coming back to the topic, like I said before, Mods will have access to the all Invite only CCs, so they can keep an eye on the members, and the front page will be accessible to everyone so they can see who to PM incase they wish to be members. I think it's fair enough.

Only a suggestion though :)

@bold..my point exactly.only i didnt know how to put it
kchaims thumbnail
fulsupport to neetz nd adi

if der privacy is given towat ,moderators do thn y nt us?πŸ˜•