Suggestions / Comments

invite only chat club-permission to access?

Poll Question: should invite only chat clubs be restricted only to members?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
31 [81.58%]
7 [18.42%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

psycho_angel

IF-Dazzler

psycho_angel

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 4:37am | IP Logged
the point of an invite only chat club is that only specific sections of members wanting to interact with each other where they donot resort to bashing/disagreeing/flaming of any sort....since this is the kind of posts most members detest on the general forums,most of them seek haven in the chat clubs.how safe do we feel really,if members who are not invited,stalk our posts and report them time and again?i used to write a fan-fic for members of my chat club only.imagine my horror when my exact language,style and ideas were plagiarized by another member and incorporated into a new fan-fic ! i request permission for restricting access to invite only fan clubs for members other than ones belonging to the chat club,since the whole point of an invite only chat club is diluted since non- members freely access the contents and once a while take out their grudge on the members in the main forum by quoting posts from the chat club they should ideally not access.since the moderators/viewbies are allowed this privilege in the restricted section,why shouldnt the members be allowed as well?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "invite only chat club-permission to access?" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

BilliCat.

Viewbie

BilliCat.

IF Crazy Senior

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 5:00am | IP Logged
adi ..
i think only members of d invite nly chat club shud b allowed to c d content of d chat clubs ..

or d the report button shud b enabled nly 4 members in a specific cc

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

psycho_angelspiritcrimson

psycho_angel

IF-Dazzler

psycho_angel

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 5:08am | IP Logged
agree with you dudu....and one way or the other,encouraging non-members to check out chat clubs at their leisure is like promoting voyeurism.many members are friends/cousins with each other and share details of their personal lives as well.we dont want non members accessing them do we?sure we have email ids or alternative groups outside india-forums,but then,what is the point of india forums at all?isnt it fair that we get to know each other on some common forum and once we become friends,we are allowed to form our own chat clubs and chat there in peace?

BilliCat.

Viewbie

BilliCat.

IF Crazy Senior

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 5:12am | IP Logged
i think we need a auntie detectin software near our homely cc's ROFL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

psycho_angelnehloveiTangled_25

psycho_angel

IF-Dazzler

psycho_angel

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 5:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by daffodils.dudu

i think we need a auntie detectin software near our homely cc's ROFL

exactly what i want to avoid.what the others do is none of our business.we dont want any interference from them as well.reporting forum posts is one thing.disagreements turn into full fledged arguments occasionally.but its another thing when it is done on the chat clubs.it simply means we are being stalked.

BilliCat.

Viewbie

BilliCat.

IF Crazy Senior

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 5:20am | IP Logged
atleast IF shud provide privacy 4 chatclubs..
the current situation is tht evn though our cc's r invite only ...its lik al stalkers invited each othr in nd peepin ..nd reportin ..
i think tht shud b changed here ,.,,

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

psycho_angelnehloveiTangled_25

psycho_angel

IF-Dazzler

psycho_angel

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 5:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by daffodils.dudu

atleast IF shud provide privacy 4 chatclubs..
the current situation is tht evn though our cc's r invite only ...its lik al stalkers invited each othr in nd peepin ..nd reportin ..
i think tht shud b changed here ,.,,

and since we are unable to do anything about that situation,despite huge headers asking them to keep out,we think this is a simpler way out.the worst part is,reporting isnt the only thing they are doing.some of them actively participate in the discussions on the CCs to rile the members up,and when things get heated up,report the posts.its like since they are not able to pick fights on the forums,they have to resort to this policy.

BilliCat.

Viewbie

BilliCat.

IF Crazy Senior

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 5:34am | IP Logged
IF administrative grp shud take action ...othrwise its really difficult to deal wit ..stalkers..they read d posts on their own will nd start fightin as if they wer invited to read nd commentConfused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

psycho_angelnehlove

Post Reply New Post

Go to top