Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 7
Page 7 Page 7

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 30 August 2009 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

When it comes to actually finding people, first of all so many people having the same name can exist in one city. Secondly, I don't think anyone has got the time to track down some unknown person just to act like a psycho. And as far as stalking is concerned, I don't really feel that someone will waste their money just to give me a surprise visit. Infact, does anyone waste their time to even find someone on Facebook or Orkut unless they have become friends online and actually want to keep in touch through a social networking site??

As an experiment: Name- Soumya Roy; Location- Mumbai; Age- 28
Let's see if I receive any Facebook or Orkut invites. LOL

@UNDERLINED:ROFL
I guess people have become more concious now that's why they don't feel like revealing everything.....Smile
Still many of us told eachother many things like whatever you've mentioned i know it long backEmbarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How true are online friends? (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 30 August 2009 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
I think everyone is taking the safety comment to extremes, in the sense that someone would attempt to track you down in this world. Although I think that there are lunatics like that out there, I doubt that Sandhya is getting blank calls because we know her first and last name on the forum. Or that someone else will have a visitor at their door because their name (rare or common) is listed on their profile, along with their location and birthday.

My idea of safety in the virtual world is different. I think that we should not blindly trust someone because they seem "nice". When we give out personal information, it usually means that we have developed some kind of bond or attachment with them, we trust them enough to share those kinds of things. And you really don't want emotions to run high in this world. Once emotions start clouding reality, or rather virtuality, then we lose our sense of direction. And yes, that is also applicable in the real world, but in RL, we usually have others to guide us or smack us and bring us back into reality every once in a while. Usually in the virtual world, everyone is flying solo, leaving behind RL, and finding a place to get away from it all. And God knows there are jerks out there who will take advantage of just that.

So in the end, don't do anything in VL, that you wouldn't do in RL, because it will come and back to haunt you (just like in RL). And use your common sense (preferably in both worlds).

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devilbaz786

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 30 August 2009 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 30 August 2009 at 6:50pm | IP Logged

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 30 August 2009 at 6:56pm | IP Logged

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 30 August 2009 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic_devil

i remm WA when someone on IF thought u were a guy and was flirting with u.

oh really? i don't remember that. here in DM?
oh man, you're worried about someone mistaking me for a guy and flirting? babe, its scarier when they know you're a girl, and then they flirt with you. LOL

and as far as these social networking profiles go, yes it is quite common for colleges/workplaces to do searches for you there to judge the kind of person you are. i've heard someone not got into an ivy league school because of inappropriate pics on a facebook profile. legal or not, its done.

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 30 August 2009 at 7:45pm | IP Logged

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 30 August 2009 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic_devil

u were the one in that topic abt gender bender who said that someone mistake u to be a guy and was flirting with u? right? well could be someone else. my memory is a bit weak. i may have mistaken u sorry. Embarrassed ya and it can be used some other way too. scary.Dead

Oh lol, that was me. LOL I thought you were referring to an incident you witnessed.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top