Page 4 of 7

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 7
Page 5 Page 7

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 29 August 2009 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How true are online friends? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sujal_Fan_No1

Goldie

Sujal_Fan_No1

Posted: 29 August 2009 at 4:56pm | IP Logged
ppl say they r friends wen they talk online, but most ppl have this little doubt at the bak of there mind, that this person is just someone who they r talking to over the internet. The internet is a reality that u can escape into, other then the other world. And sometimes u find it easier to talk and open up too ppl who u dont see on a regular basis.
But u should always be careful about wat u say and giving away personal details.

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 29 August 2009 at 5:03pm | IP Logged

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 29 August 2009 at 5:06pm | IP Logged

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 29 August 2009 at 5:46pm | IP Logged

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 29 August 2009 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by the_Naked_face

I dont understand the big issue of why some virtual folks hide their name in Virtual??.. i mean, at the end of day, if you reveal your name to someone..then the chances of them having to locate you is err none, slim very slim...A name is something that is personal to the individual but its shared by many. My name is rare, but their must be someone else with the same name. Shahdin. Other things that people hide that i dont understand is their place...its not like some Virtual would come flying to your city to stalk you or something.

i 'd just say that it all proceeds in a series of steps. I hope you'll understand better nowLOLLOL

starstrucK.

starstrucK.

Posted: 29 August 2009 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
See the thing is, like many of you already mentioned..online, you can be whoever you want whenever you want. You dont have to represent your 'true' self to anyone, why? because how would anyone really come to know how you truly are if your interaction is limited to the net, which means no face to face reaction or anything of that sort.  Havent you guys ever felt that some friends, who you merely know through the web, are making up stuff? Maybe, to gain sympathy/love/friendliness and so on? At the end of the day, none of us are stupid enough to believe " I'm so sick, Im gonna have an operation tomorrow." Then, the next day, you see them on I-F or wherever, "just had my operation and im all better." Cant be possible.

But, people do make up stuff, and its evident when they do. So, how can that online friend be true? Or, does that mean none of  us are our real selves online? Everything, from everyone, is just exaggeration in one way or the other?

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 29 August 2009 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by the_Naked_face

Ive made some really good virtual friends...and i doubt they are fake...i mean at the end of the day,the person at the other side is human..how fake can one be?

Xoxo

Oh babe, you'd be surprised. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Midnight_Shade

Post Reply New Post

Go to top