Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

starstrucK.

starstrucK.

Posted: 27 August 2009 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
There are various ways to interact online nowadays. Forums, chat rooms, msn, hotmail, aim, fb, orkut, twitter, and other stuff that Im unaware of maybe? lol And I'm sure we have a few friends that are 'online friends,' but we consider them no different than our pals in reality.   Now, I know you cant trust every single person you meet online, of course not.; but the ones who you do trust and consider friends, do you really think they portray their true selves while talking to you? Confused I'm sure some of you on I-F have known each other for yrs now, and have become great of friends, but do you really think all of those friends are true to you? Do you take them seriously, when they say "oh I feel horrible today Ouch" and all of that sort. (p.s Emoticons can be very misleading. LOL  )

So, do you think your online friends are their true selves while talking to you? Or, is it more or less a farce somewhere along the lines, and you just go along with it?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How true are online friends?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 27 August 2009 at 6:56pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 27 August 2009 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
As true as the music video in my signature. Online relationships are best, low maintenance, low baggage and peace at the click of a button. If only real live human beings came with a shut down button. LOL

On a serious note, the internet can be a great place to meet new people sharing common interests and ideas. It is also a nice place to socialize. However, it is always important to be very careful. There are people who will intentionally pretend and take advantage of you. There are also people who will consciously/subconsciously be fake. That does not mean that you will not meet good people or make good friends online. You do have to be very careful, use your brains and act with good sense and caution.

So far I have met five people I met online irl and it has turned out to be good.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-SnehaU-No-PooBeyond_the_Veil

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 27 August 2009 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

So far I have met five people I met online irl and it has turned out to be good.

how was the experience?

milne se pehle nervousness?LOL

i doubt it though- wo to use hogi jo aapse milne aa raha hoga LOL

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 27 August 2009 at 11:48pm | IP Logged
Virtual world n social sites help you to find your ex bf/gf....Wink

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 2:13am | IP Logged
They are all good and safe, until the moment you decide not to remain so anymore....

I have made some pretty nice friends, and frankly speaking, people can't go on with the farce for long, so you do end up realising the person's true personality... It's all about how much you decide to reveal about yourself... Caution is always the word to be!!...

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 2:23am | IP Logged
Most of them dont like reality thats why people like to live in virutal world...there they can tell or behave anything as they wishErmm.........I think I dont have not much virutal friends....but real friends a lot ...diff place,diff type..diff culture...and they knows me....all are crazy...but I love them all......Hug

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 28 August 2009 at 6:47am | IP Logged
See all the five finger are not same na...same goes with virtual friends i agree not every person is true but every cann't be fake either so 50-50 i know many n have them on my fb,gm...n trust them since i know that they are real i trust them.

Edited by mahikhan - 29 August 2009 at 10:00am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top