Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

I’m not a hardcore feminist, I’m a humanist: ASH

komalash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
by Kangna Agarwal - August 27, 2009 -

Mumbai, August 26: Marriage doesn't seem to impede the zest of the former Miss World and Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai (now Bachchan's parivar's bahu). This gorgeous lady is one of the leading contemporary actresses and a busy woman indeed.

She has quite a few acting assignments in her kitty like 'Endhiran', 'Ravana', 'Action Replay' and 'Guzaarish' to name a few.

The beautiful actress reveals, "I have a secret pride, you know. I've always wanted to work after marriage and I couldn't see why that should change after I tied the knot. Don't misunderstand me. I'm not a hardcore feminist. I'm a humanist."

The actor maintains that throughout her career she has never given escapist quotes saying, 'I'm not ready for marriage now' or 'marriage will happen only after five or six years'.

So this is the reason why she always kept getting film endorsements even post marriage. Also, the filmmakers trusted the gorgeous lady's committment to work.

"Earlier, it was tough for a heroine to get work after marriage. Their so-called brand value would depreciate. That didn't happen with me, as I've always aspired to push the envelope," explains the confident Ash.

Abhi-Ash plan for kids
On the other hand, there have been talks about Abhi-Ash starting their family since they have been married for two years now. To tell you, the superstar of millennium and head of the Bachchan family, Amitabh Bachchan values family traditions the most.

So our grapevine is abuzz that the his 'beta and bahu' and the most celebrated couple of B-town, Abhi-Ash are soon going to start a family of their own. Something on the lines like 'Hum Do Hamare Do'!!

In a recent interview, Abhishek Bachchan spilled the beans by saying, "I think part of the reason why you want to get married is that you want to settle down and start a family and have kids. I think two should be good."

Last seen together in 'Guru', Abhi-Ash will share the onscreen frame again in Mani Ratnam's 'Raavana' which is the most talked about film at present due to the constant controversies attached to it.

Due to Raavana's much hype, the leading lady Aishwarya fumed at a press meet, "It's a film-making process. Roz kuch hota hi rahta hai. However, one episode with elephant was really unfortunate.

"But it's really ridiculous to say that if a film director has a heart-attack, it means the film is jinxed."

Update on Ash
Aishwarya Rai had always been advertisers favorite. We can recall watching her in the endorsements of leading brands like Loreal, Nakshatra, Lux etc.

But lately, tabloids were filled up with reports stating that with the coming up of fresh faces like Katrina Kaif, Sonam Kapoor, the leading brands are considering to get rid of the old faces including our very own Aishwarya.

Negating all such speculations, Ash herself clarified, "No one every dropped me. I chose not to renew certain contracts. Like the one with the cola brand.

"Post marriage I decided not to endorse them anymore as Pa and Abhishek were endorsing the rival cola brand. I didn't want any confusion in the consumer's mind."

The light eyed beauty clarifies that she doesn't like to endorse brands which are anywhere and everywhere. She further explains that she doesn't believe in the rat race. So she has been very careful about all the brands that she endorse.