Debate Mansion

Women equal rights vs Women Reservation (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 9

Page 1 Page 8
Page   of 9

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 01 September 2009 at 7:30am | IP Logged
womens reservation is just fine.. they should get some quota... i dont think guys are going to scream discrimination unless they find that the women turn out to be smarter.....the issue though is complicated-since reservation is provided to the weak.. its difficult for feminists to come to terms with that idea....and for women in general its a confusing situation... should I call myself weak and accept the reservation or just suffer the downside of not having it.. thats the dilemma most of the time.. but i am for all out reservation for women in India in all  walks of life.. they are way too important to our society....i think they have equal rights today....

Edited by qwertyesque - 01 September 2009 at 7:39am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Women equal rights vs Women Reservation (Page 9)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sonur15

IF-Rockerz

sonur15

Posted: 01 September 2009 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

giving reservation to these rural women wud make them taste the power & inspire them to retain it. I think there lies the crux. But again if contd for long it wud have the opp effect ' making women complacent. So I wud say timebound reservation for now !

Angie darling that exactly  government did few years back when they started reservation for SC/ST.It was started with the good intention because we wanted a development in all the section of the society and it was a good decision.It was  timebound reservation but now most of  the IAS and TOP officers children r enjoying this reservation .I seriously think this is not fair especially to the intelligent childern of middle class upper caste.Reservation affect only normal intelligent person it  doesn't affect genius or a duffer. If Government can guarantee timebound reservation then its ok BUT the FACT its its impossible to do so.

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 01 September 2009 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 01 September 2009 at 8:41pm | IP Logged

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 02 September 2009 at 1:05am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sonur15

Originally posted by angie.4u

giving reservation to these rural women wud make them taste the power & inspire them to retain it. I think there lies the crux. But again if contd for long it wud have the opp effect ' making women complacent. So I wud say timebound reservation for now !

Angie darling that exactly  government did few years back when they started reservation for SC/ST.It was started with the good intention because we wanted a development in all the section of the society and it was a good decision.It was  timebound reservation but now most of  the IAS and TOP officers children r enjoying this reservation .I seriously think this is not fair especially to the intelligent childern of middle class upper caste.Reservation affect only normal intelligent person it  doesn't affect genius or a duffer. If Government can guarantee timebound reservation then its ok BUT the FACT its its impossible to do so.

I agree with you Sonu, the SC/ST reservation is no longer reaching the ppl for whom it was meant. Its mostly being availed by those who have already achieved a good position in society by now. The problem here is that if the govt bars the "creamy layer " like it did for OBCs then the seats resrvd for SC/ST may go vacant due to lack of a suitable candidate. I feel that if a suitable candidate is not found say after 2-3 rounds of advt & interviews these seats must be turned over to the general candidate.

Actually it's the lower qualifying cut offs for the reserved candidates that is more worrying than reservation per se. Reservation by itself shouldn't be harmful but lowering qualifying marks means compromising with quality !Its better to provide coaching & training facilities & then let them compete & get at least the qualifying cut offs similar to other candidate even if seats are reserved.

As for time bound reservation I really don't think its impossible ! all it needs is a political will to do so. If our govt  has the will to really uplift these ppl it can do so by ensuring strict laws against discrimination on the basis of caste , religion or gender,  providing better educational facilities & exposure esp in far flung remote hilly areas as well as the rural places . Most of the schools there are a farce !!! No proper school buildings, no qualified or dedicated teachers , no books in time, no regular classes , no regular attendance, no inspiration & no motivation. With conditions such as these its little wonder that things havent improved even after so many years of independence. Besides, illiterate & ignorant ppl make good vote banks for politicians !

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devil

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 02 September 2009 at 2:29am | IP Logged

Shambo

Groupbie

Shambo

Posted: 02 September 2009 at 3:49am | IP Logged
Of course we should have reservation for women.

India is a male chauvinist society that discriminates people based on gender, caste etc. Obviously we must have some token figures in place to show just how modern we are. Nobody can accuse of us of being opressive since we've had minority groups as PM, president etc.

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 02 September 2009 at 4:08am | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top